"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

voice development

Runi_86

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 8, 2004
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Faroe Islands
My voice seems to be kind of nasal .. I am pretty young .. 18½ but i would like to get a deeper and more masculine voice .. how can i do this?
thanks in advance
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
18 and a half?
 

diablo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
4,678
Reaction score
9
Location
Louisiana, USA
Originally posted by Vincent
18 and a half?
I thought ½'s only counted when you were 10 or under?

Just wait - in 3 months he'll be 18¾! Better light the candles now!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
 

Paranoid

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2003
Messages
281
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Neverland

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top