Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Vitamin D guys

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
This is well known among professionals.
The next doctor that knows what Vitamin K2 is that anyone talks to will be the first.

Almost unequivocally doctors will talk about K1 and its function in clotting in the body. Therefore you can't even have a real discussion about the different types of K2, its function in the various calcium binding proteins in the body, its role in keeping arteries clear, and various other topics of discussion related to this because they don't even know wtf it is.

Doctors are slowly catching up to basic vitamins and their functions in the body and health but K2 remains well out of the scope of knowledge of 95% of doctors. Now if you want to talk to them about drugs and big Pharma they could talk for days

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is well known among professionals.

Such as this review of 214 studies that concludes that water fluoridation decreases caries, causes a slight increase in dental fluorosis but no clear evidence of other potential adverse effects?

This review seems to disagree with your claim.
Practical real life use of sunscreen doesn't lower vitamin D levels much, it does however significantly reduce the risks of sunburn and skin cancer. Better to use sunscreen and if in doubt take vitamin D supplements.

Indeed, I'd rather listen to the real professionals than some random armchair doctor on a forum about picking up women.
Body builders and fitness buffs were ahead of a majority of the docs for many years. ( outside of sports docs )

Serenity

Reaction score
Now if you want to talk to them about drugs and big Pharma they could talk for days
I can't take anyone who mentions "big pharma" seriously. I know there's corruption among doctors and medical companies in the US, but I'm from a country with a different system without those weaknesses and doctors have no incentive to give bad advice. Yet the advice given is about the same.

Amusing how you left out talking about those studies...

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I can't take anyone who mentions "big pharma" seriously. I know there's corruption among doctors and medical companies in the US, but I'm from a country with a different system without those weaknesses and doctors have no incentive to give bad advice. Yet the advice given is about the same.

Amusing how you left out talking about those studies...
You can find 5 studies to argue your point, I could find 5 to argue mine.

For example:
Here is an article talking about a new study that came out saying the opposite about sunscreen

Serenity

Reaction score
You can find 5 studies to argue your point, I could find 5 to argue mine.

For example:
Here is an article talking about a new study that came out saying the opposite about sunscreen

Sigh...
  1. I didn't link to 5 studies, I linked to reviews of over 200 studies about one claim and over 70 about another claim.
  2. The article you linked to as an example states to avoid sunscreen use twice a week during midday sun, which is consistent with the findings of the studies I linked. Practical real life use of sunscreen.
  3. The article about the study you posted was performed by osteopaths, which have little legitimacy outside of their only proven treatment which is using suction cups to alleviate back pain.
  4. You posted 1 sketchy article formatted study by osteopaths to counter the meta-analysis of 3 field trials and 69 observational studies.
  5. Clicking the "findings" link in the article will yield a page containing one single instance of the word "sunscreen" used, no further mention other than the assumption that it's one of several factors that may explain lower vitamin D levels.
Do you even read?

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also take zzzQuill to put yo as5 to sleep for deep sleep to restore your bod/mind.

death_wish. .

Banned
Reaction score
i spent most of my childhood indoors due to very strict and matriarchal parenting, and never drank milk. those could be a few reasons but i do feel a difference when i go out in the sun and im taking my vit D caps

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not high you are just misinformed like most of the general public probably because people get sick with low Vitamin D levels and big Pharma takes advantage. Go reference studies that have been done showing that on average people need 7-8000 IUs to maintain good levels. I have taken 10000 IUs for decades with no issues.

There are no side effects unless you start taking crazy doses like 50000 IUs
At one point i was taking 40,000IU's a day but scaled down to 10,000IU's. i recently got a checkup at the doctor and she said my Vitamin D levels were through the roof and asked how much i was now taking. I told her 10K IU's and she freaked out lol.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Low vitamin d levels in one's body correlate with getting much sicker from covid. It is in milk and orange juice because we put it there. Fatty fish like tuna and salmon have it naturally. Your body needs both vitamin d in the diet and sunlight to activate the vitamin d.