Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Virgin shaming

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've noticed a little social schema lately I'll call virgin shaming. The girl I am seeing is (was) a virgin. I have told a few friends, and while the responses have been mixed, I noticed that with my girl friends in particular they are actually demeaning of my choice or outright shaming me for taking a virgin. For the record I think virginity is an attribute (in younger women), and always will be.

At first I thought I was getting pragmatic advice. One of my best friends is a female. We go back probably 8 years, and have been really good friends for at least 5. We've never hooked up, and tell each other almost everything.

So I tell her about my girl, and she gives me a spiel about "Do you really want that responsibility, so many things could go wrong, etc, etc." I thought she made some decent points and was just being rational. Then, she starts disbelieving me. She doesn't buy this girl is a virgin (they've never met). She says no real virgin would have given it up to me so quickly, she would have been crying and in pain, and she's probably lying to get me to commit.

So I'm like WTF?? Where did all the hating come from. True, I have no real way of verifying her virginity, but based on my broad sexual experiences and my time with her thus far, I have no reason believe otherwise.

Then I noticed this same shaming with other women. I Googled around for articles about taking a girl's virginity, and---not surprisingly---the ones written by women admonish men not to do it. They paint it as this big emotional fiasco and say the sex is horrible, she'll be in pain, and then get super attached. Guys on the other hand mostly think it's great. My buddies all approve, and two of them had virgin wives when they married.

I think there is this undercurrent of shaming to indirectly add value to non-virgins. It's no different than cougars shaming younger women, divorcees shaming unmarried 23 year olds, and "full figured" women shaming thin women. It never ends. Women have a subversive way of dealing with competition. It is rarely, if ever, direct. They essentially manipulate your perspective or opinion to accommodate their imperative (raising their SMV), and in effect try to neutralize competition through a series of subtle ad hominems and value judgments. And I truly believe this is usually unconscious behavior. These women may be otherwise well-meaning; they could be your friends, your sister, even your mother. But they almost all have this psychological mechanism whereby they degrade competition in men's eyes through perception manipulation.

I'm a little p!ssed off at my friend to be honest----then I realized that she NEVER approves of my choices in women. Some for good reason, I'll admit, but others for no reason at all. She's foreign. She's too young. She's too artsy. She's not active enough. Never for attributes that would undermine her place in the SMP, though. She never says a girl is too heavy (she's a bit thicker), she never shames older women (she's younger than me, so there's no need, she has that card over them), and she never shames a girl with her approximate sexual experience. I notice similar behavior in other female friends (or past lays I still talk to) as well.

So do I hate my friend now? No. No more than I would hate my dog for eating bacon left within his reach. He's just being a dog, that's his nature.

You cant hate women for being women, or you will have a miserable life with women. But I am very glad to be astute enough in game and intersex psychology to pick up on these things. It is a game, men, and always will be to a certain extent. I think the essence of game is really just being aware of the inner workings of male-female interactions and why women do what they do. Much of it can be boiled down to [in]security. They are constantly trying to balance this in their life.

Last edited:

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
I'm a little p!ssed off at my friend to be honest----then I realized that she NEVER approves of my choices in women.
I think your friend wants to be more than just friends.

Female "friends" of mine always disliked any girl I was with too. Even if they had their own boyfriends they didn't like my girlfriends.

Colossus said:
You cant hate women for being women, or you will have a miserable life with women. But I am very glad to be astute enough in game and intersex psychology to pick up on these things. It is a game, men, and always will be to a certain extent. I think the essence of game is really just being aware of the inner workings of male-female interactions and why women do what they do.
Great stuff Colossus. A lot of guys here need to realize this.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slickster said:

Female "friends" of mine always disliked any girl I was with too. Even if they had their own boyfriends they didn't like my girlfriends.
Yeah, I've accepted it. It's more of a latent desire now that only comes out when I get with a new girl. But she knows there's boundaries---an outright insult to my gf will compromise if not kill our friendship.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
Women have a subversive way of dealing with competition. It is rarely, if ever, direct. They essentially manipulate your perspective or opinion to accommodate their imperative (raising their SMV), and in effect try to neutralize competition through a series of subtle ad hominems and value judgments. And I truly believe this is usually unconscious behavior.
You said it all right there. Virginity (up to a certain age) is still a marketable "asset" for a female. Thus it will be treated with contempt by the competition, the same as a good body ("she's anorexic") a nice personality ("she's fake") or flirting ("she's a slvt"). Women know instinctively that their notch counts take points from their SMVs. Men do this too when they call players "jerks" or argue "he doesn't care about you." Be wary of any person claiming to have your best interests in mind when they are in contradiction with your desires.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
So I tell her about my girl, and she gives me a spiel about "Do you really want that responsibility, so many things could go wrong, etc, etc." I thought she made some decent points and was just being rational.
Your first mistake was unnecessary sharing personal information with the females in your social circle. Women love gossiping almost as much as they love attention whor!ng. Your second mistake was assuming that a female acquaintance was making a rational argument. Women rarely, if ever, make rational arguments, especially when it comes to subjects like dating and relationships. They are simply not wired to think rationally about those things.

This is what her thought process looks like:

Colossus: I'm dating a virgin

HB: *hamster spinning at 10,0000 rpm...compares herself to the virgin... feels like a slut*

HB: Do you really want to deal with a virgin? So many things could go wrong...do you want to accept all that responsibility, blah blah blah

Confused Colossus: Yeah, I guess you are right, I don't want that responsibility...[*thinking at the back of his head: what could go wrong? what responsibility? WTF is she talking about? But she must be right...she's my friend and wouldn't give me bad advice*]

HB: *Phew, mission accomplished. I don't have to feel like a slut anymore...*

Remember: women never give you the straight goods when it comes to relationship advice. They always have an agenda.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL, it's true, although I think it's an unconscious agenda most of the time. I'm not going to let it ruin an otherwise good friendship, it's just a reality of male-female interaction.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
American women are out of control.

Its the opposite here, but with the mentality that if your break it, you've bought it. My wife was a virgin when I met her, best investment I ever made. :)

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As true that it may be that women will be clingy to the first man they ever open up and SAY AHHHH with... there will always be SOME guy that'll be the first... why not you?

Who cares what your friend thinks? She's just probably regretting that you were someone else's first, where if you laid some pipe into her, you'd probably be #38.

But I'll be honest, I've noticed this as well, but from men too.
"Dude she is going to be so clingy and needy if you try to break it off."

In the end, if you are happy with your decision, why care what your friend thinks?

yyc12

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Slickster said:

Female friends rarely like their friends' partners, :trouble: .

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
More proof that asking ANY advice or opinions of a woman ON women is a complete waste of time. We don't ask deer how to hunt them better. We ask other hunters.