Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Victoria's Secret now has a feature model at size 14

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterdays fat girls are today average girls and tomorrow models.

Anyway Im sure the almighty free market will explain victoria secret that proving a point doesnt sell merchandise, not even fat girls want to aim at being a fat girl.
While I agree that this is basically a stunt, and using average anything isn't going to inspire sales in the current culture, I have a different reaction. My first was "only size 14"? And when I checked out the article, I would not put her into the "fat" category, more the heavier-side-of-average.

But after a long marriage, I gotta say that my ex being a size 14 was the good 'old days. Not that it's my problem anymore.

Serenity

Reaction score
Anyway Im sure the almighty free market will explain victoria secret that proving a point doesnt sell merchandise, not even fat girls want to aim at being a fat girl.
You sure about that? A whole lot of women seem to like this sort of thing. What men think of this is irrelevant since their customers are women. Basically I think you're wrong.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
You sure about that? A whole lot of women seem to like this sort of thing. What men think of this is irrelevant since their customers are women. Basically I think you're wrong.
It’s because they have given up. Of course they want to be sleek and heavily desired.
The idea of giving up those feel good foods is just too much. It’s brutal on them when they try.
Women mold to society. Any woman who tells you they are ok with being fat is a lying.

A

AJ84

I don’t support fat acceptance but this is about making money. VS isn’t being politically correct here. The average woman doesn’t have the height and body of a VS model, so they are less likely to buy the lingerie, even if they are not fat. They can see that while it looks great on a tall very thin model, it won’t look great on them, hence, they are less likely to buy it. Models make up less than 1% of female body types. There are now more lingerie stores that sell to bigger woman and women with different body shapes and VS has to compete with that.

I think it’s nice to see how lingerie will look on different body types so women of different body types are more likely to buy it. VS doesn’t care if men don’t want to see chubby women in lingerie, they just want chubby women to buy lingerie. And a lot of women buy lingerie for themselves even if they are single. There’s something nice about having a feminine lacy bra and panty set even if there’s no guy to see it. I don’t expect you guys to understand that lol.
The lingerie industry is not actually for men at all.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t support fat acceptance but this is about making money. VS isn’t being politically correct here. The average woman doesn’t have the height and body of a VS model, so they are less likely to buy the lingerie, even if they are not fat. They can see that while it looks great on a tall very thin model, it won’t look great on them, hence, they are less likely to buy it. Models make up less than 1% of female body types. There are now more lingerie stores that sell to bigger woman and women with different body shapes and VS has to compete with that.

I think it’s nice to see how lingerie will look on different body types so women of different body types are more likely to buy it. VS doesn’t care if men don’t want to see chubby women in lingerie, they just want chubby women to buy lingerie. And a lot of women buy lingerie for themselves even if they are single. There’s something nice about having a feminine lacy bra and panty set even if there’s no guy to see it. I don’t expect you guys to understand that lol.
My preference is fat women, but this woman is not even chubby and just looks like a full grown woman. I really don't see what the big deal is. I guess if the guys on this forum wanted to play a whataboutism troll card they could say that no one would ever market "plus size men", which I agree with, but like the rest of womens' industries this isn't even targeted at men. It's not a mind hypnosis to get you to change your sexual preference or shame the one you u have lol.

Fat on a woman emphasizes her hormonal profile. If she has a high feminine:masculine ratio, she will have a more gynoid shape - pear/hourglass. But if she has a low ratio she will have a more androgenic shape. A woman being slim is a way to minimize the risk of emphasizing she has a low ratio.

Last edited:
A

AJ84

My preference is fat women, but this woman is not even chubby and just looks like a full grown woman. I really don't see what the big deal is. I guess if the guys on this forum wanted to play a whataboutism troll card they could say that no one would ever market "plus size men", which I agree with, but like the rest of womens' industries this isn't even targeted at men. It's not a mind hypnosis to get you to change your sexual preference or shame the one you u have lol.

Fat on a woman exposes her hormonal profile. If she has a high feminine:masculine ratio, she will have a more gynoid shape - pear/hourglass. But if she has a low ratio she will have a more androgenic shape. A woman being slim is a way to minimize the risk of emphasizing she has a low ratio.
When I see men looking at women on the street, it’s almost always women with a little junk in her trunk lol. Like some of the girls they call thick look amazing. Stuff in all the right places. Actual T&A. I’m not a lesbian just saying lol, if I was I would prefer a girl with some curves like Marilyn Monroe, not a stick insect.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I see men looking at women on the street, it’s almost always women with a little junk in her trunk lol. Like some of the girls they call thick look amazing. Stuff in all the right places. Actual T&A. I’m not a lesbian just saying lol, if I was I would prefer a girl with some curves like Marilyn Monroe, not a stick insect.
What guys will consider "thick" varies, so it's hard to make a general comment. Some guys think anything above a marathon runner is thick/fat hence this thread, others think thick means a woman who looks like a caricature of T&A through surgery (personally I'm not drawn to these caricature shapes), then there are the guys who like natural women with some extra weight in the right places, and then there are guys like me who actually want fat girls haha.

Marilyn to me is not "thick", she simply has an estrogenic shape (pear/hourglass, in her case it's hourglass).

Last edited:

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marilyn Monroe was a size 10 folks.

I’m a size 0 or 2 and I’ve had men on occasion tell me I’m too thin (other men love my look it’s a very individual thing.)

This woman Ali is volumptuous in the classic sense. Big curves, pretty face, photogenic etc.

Some of it is indeed genetics. Some men like curvy others like athletic others like ingenue.

Like AJ said, this is about sales. VS is a business interested in profits. They want more normative sized women in places like Indianapolis thinking...”Gee, that’s pretty. That would look nice on me...”

VS has a huge mail order business that coves fly over country in the US where lots of women who meet this profile live...

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
True statement. They may, at times be a benefactor, they are clueless to the fact that women care way more about whatever other women think.

Men are pawns on a chessboard.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A fat woman is buying a bra advertised from an other fat woman as much as a skinnyfat man is gonna buy a tanktop advertised from an other skinnyfat man.

Thats not how adverts work, adverts sell a dream before a product...you dont buy a mercedes cause you trust german engines more than american ones, you do it cause it sells you the dream of a wealthy high status man.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Thats not how adverts work, adverts sell a dream before a product...you dont buy a mercedes cause you trust german engines more than american ones, you do it cause it sells you the dream of a wealthy high status man.
You are correct. There is a very high tech science behind advertising. And it’s exact.

Victoria secret advertises to evoke the dream of looking like the model. Is subliminal. It sells to a woman’s idea of her ideal self.

Just like if you watch commercials (I do not), or if you watch movies that promote the feminine imperative. They will go deep and reinforces your feminine programming. It’s very, very precise in its design. This is a very exact science. No holds barred.

Even @stormrider once said to me that if he listens to blue pill music, it will start to change him and affect his mindset. This is VERY dangerous stuff. My phone has NO blue pill songs on it. None. No eternal love paradigms. No girl power garbage. Nothing.

Modern music as well as nearly all music from the past sells Disney paradigms.

Serenity

Reaction score
It’s because they have given up. Of course they want to be sleek and heavily desired.
The idea of giving up those feel good foods is just too much. It’s brutal on them when they try.
Women mold to society. Any woman who tells you they are ok with being fat is a lying.
It's not about being ok with being fat PERSONALLY, their sentiment is that it's ok to be fat (as long as it isn't themselves). It's a popular opinion that women like.

The dream that one day the shape of their bodies won't be subjected to so much pressure to look one way or another. Their adverts aren't saying "we just sell fat woman clothes now", it says "we support women of all shapes and sizes". A message that most women are positive towards.

This will probably just boost their sales. You're plain and simply wrong, this isn't even hard to see.

I don't personally support what they do. This is just simple facts, whether I like it or not the truth remains the truth. It's fvcking easy to see how VS will gain from this, you have to be braindead or haven't paid attention to society the last 20 years to not see this.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
It's not about being ok with being fat PERSONALLY, their sentiment is that it's ok to be fat (as long as it isn't themselves). It's a popular opinion that women like.

The dream that one day the shape of their bodies won't be subjected to so much pressure to look one way or another. Their adverts aren't saying "we just sell fat woman clothes now", it says "we support women of all shapes and sizes". A message that most women are positive towards.

This will probably just boost their sales. You're plain and simply wrong, this isn't even hard to see.

I don't personally support what they do. This is just simple facts, whether I like it or not the truth remains the truth. It's fvcking easy to see how VS will gain from this, you have to be braindead or haven't paid attention to society the last 20 years to not see this.
That’s all leftist gobbledygook. What a load of crap. It’s not only unhealthy, it’s unsightly.
There isn’t a doctor or lay person on the planet going to say it’s not.
The modern diet has a price but many, including men want to be accepted for their addiction to food. Namely certain food types.

Where’s the fat men dating web sites? Lol. Women don’t want fat men because they are unhealthy. Duh.
But it’s ok for a woman. LMAO