vicodin to ease nervous jitters b4 a date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
this just crossed my mind. this stuff could probably be helpful if you're feeling antsy prior to a date. i've used the stuff in the past for medical reasons and know how it effects me. it chills me out but at the same time i'm still able to think straight and function. has anyone ever used vicodin or something similar to relax during a first date?

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use xanax. If vicodin works for you, then cool. I will utilize any means to get the job done :)

Some people drink to ease their tension. Alcohol is socially acceptable b/c it's legal. Also, it's also more deadly than many other substances you can use to calm your jitters.

Society is so fucked with how it views cigarettes and alcohol vs. illegal drugs.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
vicodin is an opiate. Start using it for reason like this and it's very easy to get addicted to. Opiates are a NASTY drug to become dependent on. Many people who start out popping pills end up shooting heroin.

Do NOT use substances to self medicate for fear. Just force yourself to do things you're not comfortable with. Once you take risks and approach people a few times and realize the world doesn't fall down around you even if you get rejected you will become more comfortable approaching. It just takes doing it a few times and you'll be fine.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by ER!C L!VE
I use xanax. If vicodin works for you, then cool. I will utilize any means to get the job done :)

Some people drink to ease their tension. Alcohol is socially acceptable b/c it's legal. Also, it's also more deadly than many other substances you can use to calm your jitters.

Society is so fucked with how it views cigarettes and alcohol vs. illegal drugs.
Xanax messes up your memory. I know someone who used a lot of that and their memory has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

Kinda pointless to use that to relax with girls when it can erase the memory of your experience.

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
Xanax messes up your memory. I know someone who used a lot of that and their memory has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

Kinda pointless to use that to relax with girls when it can erase the memory of your experience.
Use and abuse of xanax are two different things :)
Alcohol will mess up your memory too. :cheer:

mobius

Don Juan
Reaction score
Drugs are just an interim solution to a greater problem.

Emperiorjack

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kinda pointless to use that to relax with girls when it can erase the memory of your experience. [/B]
What? I take Xanax and my memory is perfect.

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dementia has a good point and it's true that one shouldn't have to rely on anything to get them through nervousness. but i don't think you'd be relying on something if you only used it for the first meeting or two. i've dated sevens, eights, nines... I have had way more dating experiences with sevens and eights and i'm easy-going and chill from the start. but with nines, i'm not going to lie... i get nervous. Some guys are fortunate to have the opportunity to date many nines and tens. but for me, nines do not come around often; only once in a blue moon. hands down, i would follow dementia's advice if i had the ability to date a nine every weekend because I know i would eventually get desensitized to a nine's beauty. but how can i get desensitized if the opportunity is not even there? the next time a nine/ten comes my way, i might consider doing what ericlive says and utilize whatever works for me. never done it b4, but i really think it could be useful for the first date or two with a nine/ten. you'd be more chill and laidback. and you really wouldn't be relying on the stuff since you'd use it only for the first meeting or two.

LeviathanIYG

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by john_1234
this just crossed my mind. this stuff could probably be helpful if you're feeling antsy prior to a date. i've used the stuff in the past for medical reasons and know how it effects me. it chills me out but at the same time i'm still able to think straight and function. has anyone ever used vicodin or something similar to relax during a first date?
You can't be serious....

Being a DJ is about confidence

Being a Junkie is about having no confidence and finding it in drugs

Which one do you want to be?

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I LOVE vicodin, but I only take it for 3 days straight about every 2 months, and here's why:

1.) You'll get hooked after about 3-4 weeks of taking it every day. After that, it's the same as kicking a heroin habit - good luck with that.

2.) After a few days you build a tolerance, and you have to take more and more to get the same buzz. I know a guy that takes about 30 a day to get the same buzz I get from taking 1.

3.) The tylenol royally fvcks up your liver. Good luck picking up chicks when your liver fails and your skin turns yellow. The same guy I know that takes 30 a day has almost complete liver failure. Of course that doesn't stop him from eating them like candy. If you're into it for the buzz, ask your doc for a drug called norco, that has more codeine and less tylenol.

4.) It hurts your sexual performance. I can't personally get off when I take them, so I time them around the wife's period. If you randomly hook up when you're high, you'll give the chick a complex when you can't cvm, and if you can't cvm, what's the point.

5.) It's a crutch. The best way to sarge is sober. Also, I've found it's easier to dodge a pool stick when you're sober, and chatting up some guy's girlfriend at the local pub.

6.) It'll turn you into a criminal if you become an addict. I know a couple peeps that have done jail time because they forged prescriptions. Most pharmacies cross reference their databases and it kicks out a red flag if you buy them all over town.

Better living through chemistry as I always say - just be smart, and be informed.

goatman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mate...it's jus a date. Sure it might be helping you now but the fact of the matter is that you aint gonna be evicting the wussy out of you jus by covering it up. Besides wat do u think she is goin to do if she finds out that you were using that stuff jus so that you could talk to her properly.

Do this:
- pull down your pants
- look at your balls
- pick them up
- say "Garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
Hey i might try that before i go out clubbing even :)

LeviathanIYG

Banned
Reaction score
You can't be serious....

Being a DJ is about confidence

Being a Junkie is about having no confidence and finding it in drugs

Which one do you want to be?

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i've read what you all had to say and you all have good points... especially about what being a dj is all about. but i want to hear from someone out there who actually took vicodin or something similar 4 these situations. how'd it work for u? are you for or against it now?

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if one were to pop a vicodin a couple of times he's now considered a junkie? how about all the people who get ****faced at the bar every eekend, are they considered alcoholics?

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if one were to pop a vicodin a couple of times he's now considered a junkie? how about all the people who get ****faced at the bar every eekend, are they considered alcoholics?
Everyone has their drug(s) of choice, and yes there's a big difference between a guy that makes 6 figures and smokes a joint once and a while to relax, and a guy with no job whos only goal in life is the next buzz. Consuming anything in moderation doesn't make you a junkie. Needing drugs to function makes you a junkie.

Using drugs or alcohol to overcome your fear of women isn't really overcoming that fear. You'd be much better off addressing the *real* issue, which is why you are nervous in the first place.

LeviathanIYG

Banned
Reaction score
Dependency on drugs (you need it to feel confident with women) sounds like a junkie to me.

Has this site taught you nothing?

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think many of you kidlets would be extremely surprised and disappointed to learn that many of your pickup gurus such as mystery and many of the other project hollywood/rsd guys use pharmaceuticals, drugs and alcohol during their pickups.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually have a glass of wine (or a bottle) before a date. Works like a charm for me.

medjaun

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that drugs is not the key, like others said they won't help build your confidence. What I've done a few times to get rid of nerves is go for a good run. Time it right before you take your shower to go out. Not only does it clear your mind but you have a nice natural buzz that makes you feel good and puts you in a good frame of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.