Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

VH1's The Pickup Artist exposed...

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever since I first heard about mystery's workshop and what he charges I got suspicious of there authenticity. How hard would it be to pretend to be a pimp by picking up hot girls at the bar (hired actresses) in front of a group of guys desperate enough to shell out thousands just to learn to open women?

In no way am I saying that this is true, but the guy is a trained magician. What do magicians do? Sell an illusion. Selling the illusion that your a pua to guys who are social retarted is the magical equivalent of playing guess which card with a 3 yr old.

I brought up some inconsistences in filming on the official thread after the first episode. I thought it was funny that every episode since has stressed so hard that candidness of the interactions.

Really I could give a **** as the show is just entertaining (like most of the pick up community). I'm just glad that the fat kid who kept opening with that lame ass fight line is gone. If anyone is trying to learn something from this show let the lesson be that calibrating your interaction is much more important than just opening. If your going to always use the same opener at least try to learn to follow up to form a natural conversation.

The Kidd

Don Juan
Reaction score
^lol yea towards the end i was cringing everytime i heard 'hey did u guys see that fight outside?'

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
First of all, it's Austin, not Hollywood. :p Second, it's a reality show, dude...not a sitcom. There's a big difference between total fiction, and "Some portions of the show not affecting the outcome have been edited."

So were you on "The Real World" or a member of the production team?

Very true. Just look at how quick Angelina whipped Brad into shape and turned him into her own personal little bitсh.
"Hollywood" in quotes. Doesn't matter where the shooting location is.
MTV/VH1 are notorious for making bullshyt (as in scripted) reality shows.
You're delusional if you think MTV/VH1 has this amazing level of integrity and create these wonderfully accurate documentaries.

Even the dating shows on MTV are scripted. One of the girls on the Date My Mom dating show is from here. She said that they used actors to portray her mom, dad AND boyfriend.
Just because they shoot it to make it look like a documentary doesn't mean it is.

I hate to break it to you, but not everything you see on TV is real.
Tom Cruise and John Travolta are also gay!
Hollywood is all about illusion, dude. It's all bullshyt.

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of those shows are semi scripted. I have a freind whose been on Next and the one show with tha lie detector thing on. He's been on twice and they just called him again.

He just signed with a big modeling agency in LA and he's an actor. They mostly try to put at least a few actors on the shows to insure "good tv".

As for the PUA poor fat Joe. All I can say is he'd do a lot better for himself if he took his money he may have made from this, moved to NJ and pretended he was relate to the MOB. Girls over there are impressed with all things mobster,especially if you have a name like Bonanno,Gambino,Capone. Being fat is actually a plus cause it makes the story so much more probable. LOL!!!

Another solution for Fat Joe of course is to become a millionaire.

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Why so much emphasis on looks? Are you really suggesting that his only hope to lay beautiful women is to either fake being a mobster or "become a millionaire"? This dude made it to the final THREE. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm much better looking than Joe both face and body, but if I was on the show I would've probably been beaten out by Spoons.

Joe's probably having a 3-way right NOW with two blonde cheerleaders named Amber and Tiffany.

Have you seen Joe's MySpace? The girls leaving comments are average to FUGG. I can show you girls I know who are getting much hotter girls leaving comments.

Joe's been on TV. But he's still fat. He never closed at all. No matter whether he was #3 or #10. If he did close, tell me when cause I can't recall. In fact NONE of the guys closed the deal! To me that's not really success. I can get phone numbers all day long. But how many are real? How many will flake? How many will be just 1 date? How many will close(get laid,have a permanent girlfriend)? You need a hell of a lot of numbers to get a close if that's the way you're trying to do it. It works by percentage.

That's why I'm never impressed with someone simply getting a number. It's just the start.

As for Spoon doing better than you? That's not too hard. Spoon was'nt running away like a "little girl" from beautiful woman trying to get other guys to deal with them instead of just talking to them because he's scared.

At least Spoon took advice and went up and spoke with someone. That is just success in itself because he's willing to fight his phobias !!!!. The guys unwilling to fight their phobias are the ones who will realize the saddest thing in life is NOT TRYING!!!! You can never win if you don't try to play the game.

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Laguna Beach and The Hills are in a completely different league than The Pickup Artist.
And wrestling is still real to some people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI

Just curious, what makes you say it is in a different league?
Looking at their previous track record, I find it really hard to believe that same people who put out Flavor of Love, Surreal Life, Laguna Beach and The Hills would all of a sudden not do what they have always done.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Why so much emphasis on looks? Are you really suggesting that his only hope to lay beautiful women is to either fake being a mobster or "become a millionaire"? This dude made it to the final THREE. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm much better looking than Joe both face and body, but if I was on the show I would've probably been beaten out by Spoons.

Joe's probably having a 3-way right NOW with two blonde cheerleaders named Amber and Tiffany.
Please read your sig line 3 times right now.

Quit FVCKING TURNING EVERYTHING INTO A LOOKS THREAD.

Your the reason these threads exist. Seriously I've been around this forum for years and until you came around to argue these threads died naturally within a day or so on there own. YOUR THE REASON THAT THEY EXIST NOW.

For the sake of my sanity, or this forum please pick up a new cause or quit projecting your own insecurities on this forum. I'm on your side but I'll be damned if you dont annoy the ever living piss out of me. If you act as argumentative with girls you will never get laid.

There you go, personality matters more than looks. When you argue about petty **** and have the I'm always right attitude you will get turned down. You and the people who you argue with are douchebags. I dont know if you noticed it or not but the debate club didn't laid in high school. Why do you think having a debate club mentality will get you laid afterwards? Quit wasting your time arguing with other people and focus on yourself and where you want to be. All that you guys are doing by arguing on an internet forum is avoiding your real problems in life.

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fat Joe had high ranking because the other guys sucked so bad even with "The cat in the Hat" and JDog throwing their silly advice and telling them how to dress, LOL!. What did you see fat Joe do which proved he could get laid? The guy could'nt even get the phone number to women I would'nt let wipe my ass leat alone be seen in public with . The best he did was get a phone number and that I'm nort even sure about.

Come on, if that's you're version of success, you are in more trouble than I thought.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
I know if you noticed or not, but I was RESPONDING to a claim that looks matter when it's obvious they don't (judging by fat Joe's high ranking on the show). It happens to be a subject I feel very passionate about, and I really hate to see people try to instill a self-limiting perspective on life into newbies. Seduction is about breaking FREE of the chains and living your life to the fullest...not limiting yourself to which women you can get by the ratio of your upper lip to your nose to the size of your forehead.

Ignore me if the truth irritates you to that degree. Or get the mods to allow me thread-deletion privileges. ;) I'll just make a bot to search any new thread for the phrase "looks matter" and auto-delete any such thread.
Again you make excuses to argue. You are the prime example of flame baiting on this site. Someone brings up the slightest consideration to looks in any thread and you respond. Anyways if you search back you'll see that I brought these pointless threads up to the mods a long time ago. You were part of the main reason.

I dont know if you actually read my first response but you are fvcking yourself more by admitting to the facts than you have ever admitted to. I could care less if guys like you want to make excuses for yourselves. You dont bother me any, you just fail to see your own shortcomings.

So argue looks to your heart desires if it makes you feel better about yourself.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
I know if you noticed or not, but I was RESPONDING to a claim that looks matter when it's obvious they don't (judging by fat Joe's high ranking on the show).
What action did fat joe get?

Besides his lame lines, he obviously stood a physical barrier. Are you honestly going to try to tell me that he (an obese caricature of american life) was going to be in the final rounds with two guys who are obviously better looking?

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just saw episode two and I can't stand Alvaro. Even if I didn't know that he was an actor something is just off about him. He is way to extroverted. What annoys me is that when he is doing "poorly" I know it's all an act.

When people are doing bad because it's their role it makes the show...fake. Which might be a good thing. If we ever get into a conversation about pick ups , pua's and the show we can say that it doesn't exist and the show was just a bunch of actors :cool:

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rofl right now Mystery reveals what he taught the students. He is selling out pretty much everything. All the Mystery groupies are going to jump out of their windows now because they are exposed. Muhahaha :crackup:

The Deacon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I doubt that show is 100% real, but it isn't entirely fake either. If you think fat Joe got ANY girl attention before he went on the show, you are stupid.

About the whole Kosmo/Brady controversy... just cause you're good-looking, it doesn't mean you're good with women by default. Even if you have an acting/photography career... it doesn't mean sh*t. Anyone who thinks that any good-looking guy with a good career is successful with women by default is also stupid. In theory, a good-looking guy with a good career should have no problems, but that sh*t only works on paper. Gawd, I swear, some of you guys are just big@$$ social retards. Have any of you learned ANYTHING from studying DJ stuff and PUA methods?

Case in point: I know a 32 year old virgin. He's not a bad lookin' guy. He goes to the gym. He makes six figures. Unfortunately he's overwhelmingly socially awkward and he has NO CLUE how to talk to women. For one reason or another, he's only kissed two girls in his entire life (and he could be lying about that too). To say that being good-looking and having a nice career, like Kosmo and Brady, means that you'll automatically get p*ssy is like saying "oh, I'm tall. I'll just go to the basketball court and play like Kobe Bryant."

You guys cannot be seriously saying this bullsh*t. I refuse to believe it. I thought some of you were smarter than that.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have time to read over this thread, but I wanted to point out that the OP is wrong. I went to college with Brady and he even lived in my apartment complex for a year. He was a complete and total AFC. I don't know what the hell that photography stuff is, but I know for sure the guy couldn't pay girls to hangout with him.

I didn't know him very well personally, but I have some friends who did. They all say tons of girls liked him, but he never had a single date in college. There's also some speculation that the virginity stuff that he relishes in wasn't a choice at all like he made it out to be. Though, he did go to Catholic high school, so who knows?

IMO, this site could have done a lot for him. It's too bad he never came across it.