Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Very worried about how women will view a computer science major?

Indigo7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm kinda worried about my degree, I'm studying computer science purely out of the interest of the subject and many diverse careers within this discipline. I'm also very good at maths, that being said, comp sci is not as respected as law, engineering, etc.

I'm loooking to do a Msc in computer systems engineering/binonatechnology after this degree.......So I'll be doing a good masters and hopefully end up in a cool job at 26.

My worry is women who are doing major's in medicine, science, engieering, law, or economics may not consider a computer science major as respected as those major's .........although at the end I will do an interesting masters hopefully with a cool job.

I know this is silly but I've got this self-limited belief about this.

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, it's silly.

The fact that you're able to study anything at degree level already means you've got a lot going for you.

Also, you might want to have a read of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Page

It doesn't matter what you do, just try to be the very best at it.
Any girl who looks down on any guy's career is nothing but a snob and a gold digger, and you don't need them.

Harry Wilmington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, real talk: NOBODY cares.

Sorry, I should rephrase that: women who like you will NOT care what your degree is in. I got my degree in fine and performing arts, normally considered as "not a real degree." Still have managed to date lawyers, doctors/nurses, a scientist... I could go on.

Just the fact that you're in school for anything will impress them. So don't worry so much.

Reaction score
if you talking about your career (regardless of what you are, short of a professional athlete or celebrity) when you are trying to get laid, you should probably stop.

do whatever you like and look sexy and talk to women = get laid

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People think that you are a nerd. I have friends like that and some of them were nerdy, depressed, had boring jobs. The good thing is that they are needed and many since then have landed really good careers.

muscleman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Indigo7 said:
Hey all,

I'm kinda worried about my degree, I'm studying computer science purely out of the interest of the subject and many diverse careers within this discipline. I'm also very good at maths, that being said, comp sci is not as respected as law, engineering, etc.

I'm loooking to do a Msc in computer systems engineering/binonatechnology after this degree.......So I'll be doing a good masters and hopefully end up in a cool job at 26.

My worry is women who are doing major's in medicine, science, engieering, law, or economics may not consider a computer science major as respected as those major's .........although at the end I will do an interesting masters hopefully with a cool job.

As long as you're bringing in the $$ and it's fun for you, it's all good. You can always get a second job that's more 'impressive' or do something on the side. I model as a hobby and one of the photographers I work with does anti-hacking for the government. Looks and talks like a nerd, but he's built up a solid reputation as a photographer of (mostly) females in the area, he parties, and he's currently dating one of the models. He has hot chicks throwing themselves at him. When I talked to him about why he does it (since he doesn't charge), he told me: 'I make enough in my real job and I do this to keep myself sane/keep myself from working.'

Fly By Night

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you say you're a CS major while thinking that you're a nerd, then she is going to feel the vibe that you're a nerd. Say it like you're a CS major and still cool as f**k to chill with. Unless you are that scared of her perception of you.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My first question is, why? Women don't care about your degree, they care about passion. You can be a starving musician, but if you're passionate and good at it, then they don't care. I don't know how young you are, but women really don't lock into the whole finding a financially stable man until they're older or already have kids. And you shouldn't feel your major is nerdy or embarrassing or anything. I still play Xbox, and I love it. That's what a lot of girls love about me.

Do whatever the fvck you want to do, that's what part of being a man is.

-Scars

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
pft im a computer geek at heart and a biochem major by choice and I wouldnt care if a woman thought I was nerdy because I like messing with computers and writing code. Seriously are you going to live your life according to what other people think of you?! NO FVCKING WAY YOUR GOING TO DO WHAT YOU FVCKING WANT AND BE HAPPY. Thats the whole game of life, is to make yourself happy FIRST and other people come 4th, 5th, or 6th to your happiness.

Good luck with your major man, if you need any help with html/code/c++ or pearl feel free to message me.

Honda1990

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's how you convey yourself and talk about it. Don't be nerdy if you don't want to come off as nerdy. Put what you're studying/specializing in layman's terms if they're interested so that they understand; it can also show you know wtf you're talking about.

powpow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bro **** what women want

or more realistically, **** what you THINK women want.

you do you bro. that is what women are attracted to. have confidence and if a girl is like ewwwwwww youre a computer science major be like **** YEAH ***** I love science. I have made women interested in ****ing intermittent claudication and peripheral vascular disease. it's all in how you talk about it.

HBK

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a geek with a BSc degree and Masters in Comp Systems and Storage Security and Networking.

I live the life i want, and get the women I want.

My job is only a part of me. It doesn't define me.

YOUR BORING LIFE

Don Juan
Reaction score
Indigo7 said:
Hey all,

Why the hell would you care what a woman thinks about anything? Especially career women whom are destined to ride the **** carousel until their sexual market value depreciates so drastically they're stuck with 25 cats and a high powered vibrator?

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You, my friend, are your own worst enemy. Hell, if I were in your shoes right now (and I think I have been taking I am a university graduate where I studied similarly odd subjects) I would be riding high on the potential social status shift of your major and degree and using that momentum to pull women. And you say you want career women and you are worried about that concerning your major? Good grief! Those sort of women are perpetually lonely (not to mention sexually deprived) and that's going to fuel an appetite for men like you.

Big bit of advice here. Stop thinking yourself into a pigeon hole over it and learn to enjoy the rush of the ride. Sounds like you got some analysis to paralysis thing going on.

Last edited:

Packers2010

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude. if you OWN THAT MOFO and bring home the $$$ so you can ball! who gives a fook what the women think. they can shove it where the sun dont shine

Kbomb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
always joke about your job or study. Be like, I sell newspapers on the highway when she asks.

TheWolfMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares what the women will think, the ones that will judge you for doing something you love are worth your time anyway.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's wrong with computer science? No worries.

Heck, I've had a librarian fantasy my whole life.

NobodyCares1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I noticed that some girls looked weirdly at me when I said I'm going to study IT, but it was never those who were interested in me. Also it was usually the younger who don't know yet how much money that can make.

Don't worry about it, do what you love, you don't study for girls, you study for yourself.