Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Valentine's Day

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started talking to about 5 new chicks online a couple of days ago. I am still building a rapport, so I am not planning to ask anyone out before Valentine's day.

But what am I supposed to tell those chicks on that day?
Nothing, i.e. did not send any emails? Or pretend it that "holiday" doe snot exist and send he a reply like I am not aware about it?
What would you do?

Jamo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm

Id say absolutely nothing. You just met them. If they talk about it then use it as an opportunity :D

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: hmm

Originally posted by Jamo
Id say absolutely nothing. You just met them. If they talk about it then use it as an opportunity :D
I didn't even meet them. We talk online so far.

The opportunity to do what? Ask her out and pay for a fancy-shmancy dinner? Thats not the opportunity I am looking for :)

I'd rather meet her for coffee, but what chick woudl agree just "for coffee" on V day?

mcqueen207

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am in the same dilemma.

I have been casually dating this woman. I have gone out with her maybe 3 times or so. We have kissed a bit but nothing serious.

I started dating her right after she moved out from her ex-BF. The last time we got together, she said that she doesn't want anything serious or me to have expectations about where this will go.

Myself, I don't want anything serious either. She is fun and I would like to have her as a FB ...but I don't think there is LTR potential.

So here I am wondering. Do I get her anything for V-day? Or not? I was going to just give her a pack of those "love hearts" candies and tell her not to let it go to her head. ( with a wink and a smile)

I wrote to Brent from the DYD program and asked him what he thought...he said this :

"She should be asking me the same question about you. The sooner you stop thinking like that, the sooner it will become physical. Be careful about acting serious and doing things that serious people do, when, from what you're telling me, it's nothing serious. "

Can I get some feedback from you guys?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're not dating her but currently thinking of setting up a date, just wish her a happy Vday.

If you've been dating her for a short time, get her a card.

If you've been with her for around 6 months, get her a card and a small gift.

If you've been with her for around a year, get her a card and a nice gift (not expensive, but nice)

The gift (or message) should be reflected by the amount of time and energy you've invested into the woman.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iron Rule of Tomassi # 9
Never buy a woman a gift until your first wedding anniversary.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the U.S. men spend on average $135 for Valentine's day - twice the average a woman spends on a man. Explain to me why women own V-Day? If it's a "celebration of romantic love" why should it be an annual sh!t test?

Tomorrow it will have been 10 years to the day that I proposed to Mrs. Tomassi (yes, this was back when I thought stuff like this made an actual difference), my Valentine's days now consist of Mrs. Tomassi meeting me at the door of the house I bought after coming home from work in a nice Fredericks of Hollywood getup with a couple martinis already shaken and chilled, with our daughter at grandmas house. Then, after we've gotten busy at least twice, I may suggest that we go off to a nice dinner or produce the roses I bought on the way home.

Women only turn b!tchy if this is the precedent you set for them in the beginning. They can also turn appreciative if this is the precedent you establish. Whenever you buy a woman a gift you ALWAYS communicate a subtext of compensation for something with a woman - even if this is the furthest thing from your intent.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iron Rule of Tomassi # 9
Never buy a woman a gift until your first wedding anniversary.
I'll have to disagree as well.

In the U.S. men spend on average $135 for Valentine's day - twice the average a woman spends on a man. Explain to me why women own V-Day? If it's a "celebration of romantic love" why should it be an annual sh!t test?
You're focussing on two extremes: spending to much and spending nothing at all. Each has their negative results: going broke, and showing you don't care.

I spent a total of $15 for my lady. I got her a Mr. Potato Head and a card. Both are a reflection of our relationship and things that have happened in the past year.

I didn't go broke, and I didn't get her nothing. It's also the gift (either physical or action) that shows if you care, not the amount of money spent on it.

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Quote Desdinova
"The gift (or message) should be reflected by the amount of time and energy you've invested into the woman."

I prefer:

Reflected in the amount of time she's invested in you

In reference to the R.T's idea of precedence and compensation:

I agree you need to set the framework of the relationship early on. Setting expectations low and then exceeding them is a great way to maintain interest and mystery.

As for compensation? I would agree and disagree. For me I frame it as appreciation, I give romance (which may or may not involve gifts) in appreciation for her effort in the relationship and maintaining my interest. You need to make it known, that it is not supplication, part of which is by giving it on your own terms i.e. not on Valentines day when every other schmoe expected to jump hurdles.

Kaine

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How much easier will the single women of the world be tomorrow? It's got to be such a blow to social status for a woman not to have a man on this day.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lets just clarify a few things about Valentines Day since it's probably the most irksome manifestation of westernized/commercialized romanticism. V-Day is the epitome of female entitlement. On no occasion - even a woman's birhtday or her wedding anniversary - is this sense of entitlement more pronounced and our refined commercialization of this entitlement/expectation simply twists the knife in further for men to live up to this with ZERO expectation or entitlment to any reciprocation. He gets 'lucky' if his romantic offerings are sufficient to appease her media fueled expectations of 'good enough' to reward him with sex.

And exploit the media does. I can't get away from it; Every radio station, every TV show, every newspaper and magazine article. Go to askmen.com right now, I guarantee there's a "how not to fvck up this year's V-Day for her" article there.

I listened to a talk radio show that I regularly tune into on my drive home yesterday; it was about what not buy this year. "Don't buy lingerie, she knows it's really a gift for you" or "Don't pick up flowers at the gas station, women know they're cheap", and "God forbid you pick up some cheap jewlery or stop at one of those roadside urchins selling prepared flower baskets or arrangements - women know you didn't think about it until you were on the way home." On my way to work this morning, different show, same list.

Why wouldn't women have these expectiations? They're relentlessly marketed to as the primary consumers in western culture. V-Day isn't a celebration of romantic love, it's a machine that drives a wedge of expectation and entitlement in between otherwise happy, contented couples.

I'm not down on the idea of a special occasion to celebrate love (I actually proposed to Mrs. Tomassi on V-Day 10 years ago), I am down on the twisted expectations that have been perverted into it that puts a woman on some pedestal of entitlement by commercialized popularization of this feminized ideal. Why isn't there an official "fvck your boyfriend like a wild animal" holiday or a list of criteria to meet that'll make his day special? "Show him how appreciative you are of all his dependability and hard work this year - buy some lingerie ON YOUR OWN and pretend that you like him coming in your mouth on his special day!" If women are so fvcking liberated and interested in equality, one would think this would be the first thing to occur to them. We need a special day to make us apprecitae each other?

DES:
I didn't go broke, and I didn't get her nothing. It's also the gift (either physical or action) that shows if you care, not the amount of money spent on it.
Exactly. Actions define the character. It shouldn't matter what the gift is, but the unfortunate reality is the pervasiveness with which women have internalized their expectations. Teddy bears, chocolates, and flowers used to be sufficient when women had a legitimate expectation to something special in a time where men were the primaries in a relationship. Sadly, these simply aren't special enough in an age where were bombarded by this psychosis of buying up to her expectations.

This is why I say don't buy her a thing until your first wedding anniversary. It's gotten to a point where ANY gift given is an exchange or a negotiation of intimacy. I don't plan on buying Mrs. Tomassi a thing this year (trust me I've learned not to buy her lingerie by now). I will however take her out for ****tails and we'll do something we rarely have time for now, uninterrupted conversation. Once shes a bit tipsy (something she rarely does), I'll give her a full body massage with some oil before we get after it and then we'll relax in our hot tub before we go to sleep in time for me to get up early enough in the morning to hit the gym and go off to work - just like I did today and just like I will tomorrow.

It's about mutual appreciation, and if she doesn't appreciate you in the first place, no gift is going to convince her otherwise.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed is that women have been spoiled by the AFC which helps give Valentine's Day a cheap novelty reputation. AFCs will bombard their women with flowers, candy, and teddy bears when their woman is pissed off with them. Valentine's Day is just an excuse to do it when she's not pissed off at him.

After the woman has recieved the same 5hit for every supplication, they get bored of it. They even begin to dislike roses, heart shaped boxes, and teddy bears because of the meaning they hold.

(trust me I've learned not to buy her lingerie by now).
I had to learn that one the hard way too. Not only does it speak "I want sex", she'll never wear it for you. $100+ down the tubes for something she keeps to make her underwear drawer look nice.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
I sent each of the women I'm currently involved, as well as, every woman with whom I work with an E-card for Valentines Day.

Didn't cost me anything but 30 minutes.

I can't imagine what's going to happen to me once I get to work Saturday . . .

<-------- Worlds biggest sweetypetey!

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Originally posted by Desdinova
$100+ down the tubes for something she keeps to make her underwear drawer look nice.
Also a life lesson I learned. Marriage will kill ya quicker than a bullet.

speedo_meme

Banned
Reaction score
D@mn, man, I don't know what happened with you all and the lingerie, but my girlfriend bought her own lingerie this weekend and Sat. night we had the most mind blowing sex I've EVER had. EVER. Of course, I got a ritsy hotel room overlooking Atlanta too, but that benefitted both of us, not just her...

Then again, I must credit sosuave with giving me the ability to help myself and land a chick like that...:)