Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Valentines Day - Semi Dodge Success

gettinit

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that if you have been on five or more dates, something is warranted. Nothing big, just something. Any fewer dates and its a text. I have found that some don't care, but the majority do. I have three in rotation right now and actually didn't see any of them on the day. I bought three small house plants and dropped one off to each at their door. I followed with a short text personalized to each, "check your door" and an attached "card" image that said: You don't suck. Happy V Day.

They all ate it up, commenting on how cute/adorable the plant is and have been blowing up my phone. One has offered to make dinner, another wants to go way for the weekend and the third invited me over (I declined since I was actually tired). I spent a grand total of $36.00, less than a drink date for just one.

The plants that I chose are VERY easy to care for (water when bone dry), fit well on a counter, table or window sill and guess who they think of when they look at it between dates.
The, you don't suck, was kind of a fun tease: I like you but I'm not sure how much. No lovey dovey stuff.
Its a small enough gift that you don't appear over invested.
Three of the same gift avoids having to remember who got what.
The drop-off avoids the awkward interaction as she may not have gotten you anything. Two of the three said that they had a little something that they were going to give me the next time we got together. The other wanted me to come over and I suspect it was to give a more personal gift.
You also avoid the typical, unimaginative flowers (yawn) that are dead and gone in a week.

This was the first time ever that I had more than one for valentines day. I had considered doing nothing, but instead decided to go lite and so far seems to have been a good thing.

Did anyone else do anything that went well or crashed and burned?

gettinit

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see the harm in it. Having three in rotation is proving to be hard as far as finding the time. All relationships (don't flame me for using that word) require at least some maintenance and all three treat me really well. There would have been nothing if that wasn't the case. Honestly, this was close to nothing and that was the whole point.

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see the harm in it. Having three in rotation is proving to be hard as far as finding the time. All relationships (don't flame me for using that word) require at least some maintenance and all three treat me really well. There would have been nothing if that wasn't the case. Honestly, this was close to nothing and that was the whole point.
Well done!

No. Valentines Day is a holiday for girlfriends, fiancé’s, and wives. Plates don’t get shvt for Valentine’s Day. If you are a single man, this holiday doesn’t exist.
"Spinning plates" means you actually have to spin the plates from time to time, they do not spin on their own.
With little effort and invest, he kept their juices flowing.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that if you have been on five or more dates, something is warranted. Nothing big, just something. Any fewer dates and its a text. I have found that some don't care, but the majority do. I have three in rotation right now and actually didn't see any of them on the day. I bought three small house plants and dropped one off to each at their door. I followed with a short text personalized to each, "check your door" and an attached "card" image that said: You don't suck. Happy V Day.

They all ate it up, commenting on how cute/adorable the plant is and have been blowing up my phone. One has offered to make dinner, another wants to go way for the weekend and the third invited me over (I declined since I was actually tired). I spent a grand total of $36.00, less than a drink date for just one.

The plants that I chose are VERY easy to care for (water when bone dry), fit well on a counter, table or window sill and guess who they think of when they look at it between dates.
The, you don't suck, was kind of a fun tease: I like you but I'm not sure how much. No lovey dovey stuff.
Its a small enough gift that you don't appear over invested.
Three of the same gift avoids having to remember who got what.
The drop-off avoids the awkward interaction as she may not have gotten you anything. Two of the three said that they had a little something that they were going to give me the next time we got together. The other wanted me to come over and I suspect it was to give a more personal gift.
You also avoid the typical, unimaginative flowers (yawn) that are dead and gone in a week.

This was the first time ever that I had more than one for valentines day. I had considered doing nothing, but instead decided to go lite and so far seems to have been a good thing.

Did anyone else do anything that went well or crashed and burned?
At the end of the day, you walk your path. If you felt like doing that, then go for it.

However, host men will agree that Valentine's Day is just a pop-culture-commercial holiday. If you truly value someone, you express that every day through actions.

If they liked it and made them smile, I really see no harm. Whether they actually valued it and adds to whatever relationship you have with them that's a different story.

The bottom line is you walk your own path, and often will learn from the missteps. But you have to go through those yourself, nobody else.

Modern Man Advice

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Spinning plates" means you actually have to spin the plates from time to time, they do not spin on their own.
No, there is a clear delineation. Plates don’t get girlfriend treatment. If you are buying plates gifts you are wasting time and money. How does it benefit a man to have three plates that he treats as girlfriends?

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If none of these girls suck, why are you seeing them? :p

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you dont put any effort into a plate she's not gonna stick around too long and then you can put that effort into replacing her which to me is much more effort. You have to do plate maintenance from time to time to keep them interested and under the illusion there's more there . Valentines day is a great time for a little maintenance and he did well keeping 3 plates happy and spinning on the cheap.
Im shocked some of you guys get laid at all with your militant attitudes on women.

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are buying plates gifts you are wasting time and money. How does it benefit a man to have three plates that he treats as girlfriends?
he was one offering to cook dinner, one offering to go away for the weekend and one offering to f*ck him tonight.
In all he has 3 women willing to spread their legs for him. Thats a win in my book at the bargain rate of $36 and a little bit of his time.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At the end of the day, you walk your path. If you felt like doing that, then go for it.

However, host men will agree that Valentine's Day is just a pop-culture-commercial holiday. If you truly value someone, you express that every day through actions.

If they liked it and made them smile, I really see no harm. Whether they actually valued it and adds to whatever relationship you have with them that's a different story.

The bottom line is you walk your own path, and often will learn from the missteps. But you have to go through those yourself, nobody else.

Modern Man Advice
Agree with this. If it's congruent with what you want, do it.

That said, it's a bogus, consumerist Hallmark holiday that luckily doesn't really exist where I live. And it disrespects the memories of our beloved gangsters.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
he was one offering to cook dinner, one offering to go away for the weekend and one offering to f*ck him tonight.
In all he has 3 women willing to spread their legs for him. Thats a win in my book at the bargain rate of $36 and a little bit of his time.
That’s nothing special. That is the expectation. Plates are working to become something more. There must be a clear delineation between “we are just ****ing” and girlfriend treatment. Valentine’s Day is a prime example.

Frankly, if a plate is not begging for exclusivity within 3 months your game isn’t all that tight.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to do plate maintenance from time to time to keep them interested and under the illusion there's more there .
Exactly. Plates require maintenance to keep spinning. It's up to each individual and their situation with them, how much maintenance is warranted.

For example, one of my plates didn't make a big deal about Valentines and I didn't do anything for her. My other plate told me in advance that she celebrated Valentines. $4 bouquet from Trader Joe's and $1 Hallmark card from dollar store later, she bought me a good Valentine's day dinner, great sex, and even bought me a thermos. LOL

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. Valentines Day is a holiday for girlfriends, fiancé’s, and wives. Plates don’t get shvt for Valentine’s Day. If you are a single man, this holiday doesn’t exist.
I'm with @EyeBRollin I didn't even text any of my plates Happy V-Day haha. I do not want any of them getting the wrong idea. I think a gift on V-day definitely may give the wrong impression, especially if she wants to take your relationship to the next level and you only see her as a plate. One of my plates even wanted to hang out on V-day and I made an excuse (I can tell she is getting clingy and this would of not been a good idea).