Using magic tricks to get chicks....

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NRM
Now how many of these girls have you number closed or taken home with you? To all the people who said their friend has sex with the girls that he showed magic tricks to that night, he must have has some other attractive quality to him other than magic. Think about it. They had sex with him because he showed them a few card tricks? Bullshit.

Yes, magic is a great way to make friends. But how long is it going to be till you run out of tricks and they ask you "Can I see a magic trick?" and you'll have to say "Uh..."

And yes, this hater has field tested. Field tested for over a few months. You gain popularity for a few months because you're the unexplainable, but then the unexplainable has nothing else to show. Saying a person who does street magic is percieved as a MAN because they have confidence and suave in what they do does not say anything. A person who does street magic says "Hey, I'm here to entertain you, please watch and be entertained."

You are not considered a MAN because you do street magic. Yes some traits follow, but you aren't percieved as such just because you show a card trick or two. You have three tricks, what happens after the three tricks? You either leave, or you sit there and chat. What do you chat about? Your magic tricks. The same way you would talk to a clown about his line of work.

You can use it to make friends, and there's no promises on that either. But use it for the thing that comes after the approach? The close? If you aren't attractive, then magic isn't going to get you into anyone's pants.
Seems there is yet another misunderstanding. My friend, I did not say magic alone will get you laid. I said magic is the best ice breaker, in my experience.

After you've broken the ice with magic, continue the conversation, use your DJ skills, then number close.

Do not knock it. Have you tried magic on girls and observed how they respond? No? Well I have, and it works.

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I said, yes, I have, for many months. I don't do magic for just men, I have done it for girls. They freak out and grab you and ask for crap and everything. But going from magic to conversation about something BESIDES magic is TOUGH STUFF. And by far, it is NOT the best ice breaker. After you do magic, the girls are all hyped up in amazement, you cannot expect to change the direction of the conversation without telling them how to do the trick, and this IS from personal experience.

You want the first impression of you to be a MAN, not an entertainer, not a magician. Just like you don't want a woman's first impression of you to be a janitor or a shoe salesman. You run out of material with magic. You always do, no matter how long you can go on. And controlling the conversation after that is hard work unless they forget about the whole magic thing that you based your first impression on.

Yes, I am speaking from experience. Lots of it.

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NRM
As I said, yes, I have, for many months. I don't do magic for just men, I have done it for girls. They freak out and grab you and ask for crap and everything. But going from magic to conversation about something BESIDES magic is TOUGH STUFF. And by far, it is NOT the best ice breaker. After you do magic, the girls are all hyped up in amazement, you cannot expect to change the direction of the conversation without telling them how to do the trick, and this IS from personal experience.

You want the first impression of you to be a MAN, not an entertainer, not a magician. Just like you don't want a woman's first impression of you to be a janitor or a shoe salesman. You run out of material with magic. You always do, no matter how long you can go on. And controlling the conversation after that is hard work unless they forget about the whole magic thing that you based your first impression on.

Yes, I am speaking from experience. Lots of it.
Well, my fellow DJ, I'm certainly not here to argue or flame anyone. All I can say is we have differing opinions on this subject, which is fair enough.

If your approaches work for you, keep doing them. Magic works for me, so I will continue to do it.

At the end of the day, it comes down to finding a pickup style that suits your personality. There are MANY different way to get girls, as long as you stick to the underlying fundamentals.

Basically, a pickup goes like this : OPENER (ICEBREAKER) > CONVERSATION/FLUFF TALK > SLIGHTLY MORE CONVERSATION USING DJ SKILLS TO HELP CREATE ATTRACTION > NUMBER CLOSE.

Which icebreaker you use can vary. Magic is one good opener.

Also, in bars, girls want to have a good fun time, amd magic is a great way to induce those feelings in her.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hamaraz
What kind of person does magic tricks to pull pusssy?
Its gay.
A pusssy type of guy does weak shiit like that.

You have a image, do you want doing gaay asss magic tricks as being part of it. Sure she may think it is cute, but in the long you are not making her hot. Doing this is similar to telling jokes. And what kind of pusssy do comedians pull?

DHV by magic? That is funny.
DHV by turning her on physically.
DHV by having a high social value, driving a Porcsche not my doing magic tricks. What kind of wusssy does magic tricks. A 5 year old kid, or a 50 year old Bozo the Clown.
1) David Copperfield 2) David Blaine 3) Micheal Ammar. 4) Lance Burton. Have you noticed how beautiful their wives/girlfriends are?

Wussy? You don't know me. You don't know any of the guys above. How do you claim to know how pathetic magic is, or how wussy I am? YOU DON'T.

"Magic tricks are weak and gay assed. What kind of wussy does magic?"

Some douse themselves in fire. Some swordfight. Some hang 100 feet above the air and try to wiggle out of a straightjacket. One almost had a car drop on him recently. Couple of them were shot. One ended up in the hospital for being burned by a rope doing a straightjacket escape over a river. Wussy? please.

You want to say magic isn't supposed to be just about picking up women, fine. I agree.

But your endless preening is pretty lame.

Later.

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds like a cool idea, really. People who say "this is/thats gay" usually have some deeply seeded issues with homosexuality and need to get their heads on STRAIGHT away from this board. They need to stop giving advice at any rate.

Don't lose heart, Guitar_Whizz. The board is still strong.:D

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
If you think using magic tricks in your pickup game is stupid...then you might want to meet a guy who goes by the name of "Mystery".

If you do, bring some toilet paper cause you're gonna shiet your pants in amazement.

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thankyou Soma, Spike the cowboy and Trickster guy 2001 for the positive responses!

I'm currently seeking out better and more shocking tricks that I can do, but what I really need to do next is work on conversation after I've broken the ice.

A thing that will work in a bar setting is if you do the trick(s), you can say 'right, I'm just going to get another drink/find my friends, see you a bit later'. You can then return to the girl(s) later on and continue conversation easily.

Last edited:

Jason King

Don Juan
Reaction score
One other thing I can say about magic tricks is that it's a cool thing to be able to do WHILE you're on a date with a girl. It's entertaining, and adds an element of "WOW, Amazing!" to her perception of you.

In fact, I have a killer magic trick that I almost forgot about. Look for a post from me soon about this.

Jason King

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jason King
One other thing I can say about magic tricks is that it's a cool thing to be able to do WHILE you're on a date with a girl. It's entertaining, and adds an element of "WOW, Amazing!" to her perception of you.

In fact, I have a killer magic trick that I almost forgot about. Look for a post from me soon about this.

Jason King
I'd be interested in that trick if it's any good. Let me know when you've put the post up. Thanks.

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen, magic tricks or any other High Value behavior should be used twofold:

• [*]1. To Attract
    [*]2. To Reward

If you use it to attract your target by displaying Higher Value than her, you need to make HER QUALIFY HERSELF TO YOU. You have done something attractive, she must NOW do something FOR YOU in order FOR YOU TO LIKE HER. It is like a see-saw, while it is better if YOU have HIGHER VALUE THAN HER, you don't want it to become completely unbalanced otherwise you become either an Untouchable or a Dancing Monkey. She must now say something or do something that creates VALUE IN YOUR EYES.

On the other spectrum, if she has done something good, you can REWARD her behavior with a magic trick. This shows that YOU value HER behavior. And if it's a really good trick, the see-saw is now in YOUR FAVOR and she must QUALIFY HERSELF to you in order to regain an equal attraction.

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JT47319
Listen, magic tricks or any other High Value behavior should be used twofold:

• [*]1. To Attract
    [*]2. To Reward

If you use it to attract your target by displaying Higher Value than her, you need to make HER QUALIFY HERSELF TO YOU. You have done something attractive, she must NOW do something FOR YOU in order FOR YOU TO LIKE HER. It is like a see-saw, while it is better if YOU have HIGHER VALUE THAN HER, you don't want it to become completely unbalanced otherwise you become either an Untouchable or a Dancing Monkey. She must now say something or do something that creates VALUE IN YOUR EYES.

On the other spectrum, if she has done something good, you can REWARD her behavior with a magic trick. This shows that YOU value HER behavior. And if it's a really good trick, the see-saw is now in YOUR FAVOR and she must QUALIFY HERSELF to you in order to regain an equal attraction.
That's an interesting way of looking at it! I definitely agree that magic increases your status in her eyes. And if you've read Mike Pilinski's book, 'High Status Male', then you cannot argue that high status=attractive to women.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Guitar_Whizz
Thankyou Soma, Spike the cowboy and Trickster guy 2001 for the positive responses!

I'm currently seeking out better and more shocking tricks that I can do, but what I really need to do next is work on conversation after I've broken the ice.

A thing that will work in a bar setting is if you do the trick(s), you can say 'right, I'm just going to get another drink/find my friends, see you a bit later'. You can then return to the girl(s) later on and continue conversation easily.
You might search some magic books that are about bar magic. Since this isn't a magic forum, I'm going to keep it simple by getting into that and not much else. Personally, I think it's THE STORY... THEN YOU that is important in most cases, and not so much the trick.

I'm an artist by trade, so I speak from an artist's standpoint about most things. I'm also a videographer. And yes, a magician. But I'm so much more than just those things. and those things... they seem much more limited than they really are. So to a degree, I try to distance myself from those things... at first.

The important part that I think most of these guys are arriving at is that you should have a life outside of magic tricks. You've got to find out how to be interesting without a deck of cards. Some always want to see a trick. I love to entertain. But I know about certain times when not to... when it's innappriate.

But, some people always like to label everyone else. The people who take the time to get to know who I am, they learn quickly that I'm so much more than a performing monkey.

I introduce MYSELF. Down the line... maybe a card trick, or I make something float. But then I'm done. I do my best to make myself as interesting as possible without the tricks.

Sometimes a trick is nice for an icebreaker if you tend to be really nervous, or can't think of anything to say. But then you have to back up a trick with something else... something so they get to know YOU.

and I'm glad to offer my 2 cents.

Libertine

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Guitar_Whizz
Hi everyone, I've been getting myself back into doing approaches again the past few weeks, and I'd like to discuss using magic as a way of breaking the ice with girls.

Magic has been a hobby of mine for around 2.5 years, but I only recently started taking it seriously. I've recently learned 3 excellent tricks that I can do well.

I read somewhere about using magic as an icebreaker, so in the past week I decided to try the tricks I've learned on a few girls. Well, let me tell you, it worked SO WELL and EVERY girl (or girls!) I approached were friendly and let me do the tricks for them. There was NO BI*CHINESS, NO COLD SHOULDER etc.

I have tried this 8 times so far, on girls alone or in pairs. I tried it on a train, in a bar and in a burger place. Like I said, all the girls seemed fascinated with me, and were very friendly. No other opener I've tried has ever worked so well. The thing I must do now is carry on the conversation with them, eventually leading to number closes, after I've done the tricks.

I would like your opinions on this, because it works trust me!

Why do you think girls go for magician types?

Finally, I need advice on how I can carry on a conversation after doing the tricks. I want to score with the girls I do tricks for of course.

Thanks.
Can you teach me the 3 tricks?

Thanks.

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
i also used to do a lot of tricks and was very good with cards. i think it is possible to get a girls interest, but then she won't be that much into YOU, but more into the tricks. NRM is also right that it's tough to change the convo to being about you once you've started with a trick, so MindOverMatter's post on page1 says it best that you should do them for a crowd, to show your confidence, and make the girl impress you, and that way it's less likely that she's with you because you're her 'personal entertainment monkey' or whatever.

and Guitar_Whizz, you said you're still trying to learn new tricks. the ones you do are okay, but i think i have a better one. it's called of "out of this world." you have the spectator shuffle the cards, hand them back to you, then you deal off the top one-by-one, asking a volunteer to tell you if they think the card is red or black. you put down a number of cards they guessed as black, and a number of reds in two different piles, and in the end when they flip them all over they guessed every card color correct.
(it's actually pretty easy, and if you can't figure it out, pm me and i'll give you the 'secret.' and, i used this once or twice when i was in the airport waiting for my flight, just on random groups of people...and you know how you get playing cards on an airplane, etc.)

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
and, to those of you who said something to the extent of "what happens when you run out of money to buy tricks, etc. or tricks?"

i don't think you'll really run out. i started out when i was like 10 and i was making up my own good card tricks at 13 or 14. i just stopped because i went on to other hobbies, which may have been a mistake, but thanks for posting this, because it makes me want to go back and practice again.

you can't/shouldn't/won't really run out of tricks. the really good magicians make their own tricks eventually, like some of the guys one post mentioned (copperfield, blaine, burton, etc.). though, you shouldn't be doing so to keep a girl impressed.

Carlito_Brigante

Don Juan
Reaction score
I must say i'm terribly impartial to the magic enthusiasts, being one myself. And yes, its a good icebreaker, and if you know how to play your cards right....... (no pun intended)... you can bring home the girl too.

But magic can be terribly sexy because it shows what you are doing and it has underlying subtext of your confidence towards people (i.e. women)

Now there is a magic trick that i do that's also known as "The Invisible Deck". I've managed to get many girls in bed, and with no effort at all - their digits. Now for the magic hobbyists you know what i'm talking about. But for those who don't I'll explain what happens with my usual patter.. the condensed version:

"Hold my hand and close your eyes and imagine yourself sitting in a dark room with nobody around but you, and me. Now in this dark room there is a table and on the table there is a deck of playing cards. Go on, walk over there and pick it up. Take one of the cards you are attracted to... one that you feel a strong... connection with. Take it out and hold it to your chest [bring her closer to your body at this point]. Now put the card back in the pack, but flip it around... face down and shuffle it back into the pack. Wake up [Ask her to open her eyes]..."

Now for the magic enthusiasts, u do your invisible deck 'maneuver' and then finish with applause...

In my broader version of this act, I manage to have her personal phone number on the actual playing card... but that's going too far sometimes because sometimes u CAN scare a girl with that. Hehe. Anyway. If you're intrigued, and not a magic enthusiast, pass by a magic store in your area and ask for "The Invisible Deck".... its a self-working magic trick that doesn't take much effort.

Remember: You can have a good trick, but a bad delivery. Same thing with a good joke, but a bad delivery. So practice and make it suit your character.

Peace out.