Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

USA Basketball

DarthAngel707

Don Juan
Reaction score
GOLD METAL TEAM, ENOUGH SAID.

TEAM RUSSIA WILL BE ASS KiCKED by 22 the next day at Shanghai.

But seriously, anyone else following Team USA's games? Lebron's been throwing down some nasty dunks and there was a nice dunk by CP3 too, him being only 5' 6" and all. The FIBA rules are also really lax as you can actually take the ball off the circle and the three pointer is like a shot a the elbow for the pros in the NBA.

USA's also really got their teamwork down this year as opposed to the last couple years where it was a battle of egos or a battle of one-guy-tries-to-take-on-the-whole-team.

This could be the beginning of the next Dream Team with Michael, Charles, Magic and all those guys who beat their opponents by at least 40.

Last edited:

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ya man i think this team plays so well cus everyone has a certain role that they try to fill. kobes the defensive stopper, dwight gets all the rebounds, dwade is the 6th man, etc. i dont see how anyone could stop em this year cus i dont see them letting up

btw, i think the sickest dunk was the one by dwade...alleyoop windmill?? are u kidding me??

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Team USA is very strong this year, however, Spain and Argentina are teams they still can't overlook. Players like Jose Calderon, Jorge Garbajosa, and Pau Gasol play twice as better under FIBA rules and the Argentinian team has been playing with each other since they were like 16 years old. Team USA did dismantle Argentina in the consolation championships the previous tournament but they were still neck to neck before they got into foul trouble. Though this is definitely the best USA team in years, probably ever since the 1992 team.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many points is a "dunk"? Two points? Reading this thread, I thought it was 20 points per dunk.

Note: Argentina did NOT have their entire team.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
How many points is a "dunk"? Two points? Reading this thread, I thought it was 20 points per dunk.

They didn't? That's really interesting then if their team was incomplete as Spain and Argentina slugged it out like it was a war and Spain barely came out on top. I still remember that game in my head, it was the best basketball game I've ever watched. Players were knocking each other down and no fouls were being called, chemistry couldn't have been displayed any better between two teams in a single game, and they were just simply good. Every other play had me in awe. I've been fed up with the NBA's somewhat watered down league where a touch results in a foul.

armadon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it's a given that the US will win the gold medal but they do look f*ckin good. It's been so long since they have actually played as a team and they finally realize that's what wins the gold. Can't wait for the Olympics to start.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:

how? all we saying is that theyre sick dunks, not that its the reason were gonna win...

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been reading some analysis on Team USA and it seems that they once again have trouble against the pick n' roll. This is what destroyed them against Greece, they made Team USA look like a bunch of college players trying to play pros. I don't understand how Mike Krzyzewski is having a hard time defending the pick n' roll. There has never been a solid solution to defending the pick n' roll, however, it's been proven that athleticism has been known to stop it, and Team USA is by far the most athletic team in the tournament with no peers.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FIBA style basketball tends to defeat them. The FIBA style is pick and roll...physical at times. Rules are different too.

I feel the US team is the favorite one. But I won't be surprised if a team like Greece, Spain, Argentina and even Australia knock them out the Gold medal run.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
US is looking better then it has in at least a decade, but Spain and Argentina are going to give them some tough competition

The US's weak point will be putting on a strong defense, (I hate to say this), hopefully Kobe can provide some

immrtlwun

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The US looks solid, but they haven't played any really tough teams yet. They have an exhibition game against China coming up that should be more competitive. And I believe Spain is in the same pool as the US in the opening round games once the Olympics start.
The team is pretty complete on offense, and Carmelo is one of the best FIBA style players that the US has. He can shoot, get to the rim and plays very physically. They need to lock down on defense. They need to work on help defense to stop the pick and roll. That comes from teamwork and communication, something this US team seems to have more than the past couple.

DarthAngel707

Don Juan
Reaction score
China, you sure?

I thought they were one of the worst teams except for Yao Ming and Yi jian Lian. Oh well, I'll be rooting for both of them anyway since I am Chinese and American.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DarthAngel707 said:
throwing down some nasty dunks and there was a nice dunk by CP3 too, him being only 5' 6" and all.
Actually, Chris Paul is 6'.

And China has had too many injuries and one player even got cancer. Yao is nowhere near full recovery, either. So, they won't be much in contention this round...

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the third best U.S basketball team ever assembled.

This U.S team is strong in every position and this time around it has the maturity and experience to compete and do what is neccessary to win. The 2004 team was very immature, inexperienced and lacked quality REAL point guard leadership (please don't give me that A.I was a real point guard).

This time around it will be a real shock if the U.S doesn't win the gold medal.

immrtlwun

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My point with China is that we will see how they match up against a true center. Dwight Howard is the biggest guy for the US and he's 6' 11" compared to Yao's 7' 6" or whatever he is. Howard has issues with his foul count, so if he gets into trouble, where can the US turn for a center, Boozer or Bosh. There have even been instances where LeBron has played center in the warm-up games. They have the athleticism to match up against most teams, but can they stop someone who has a distinct height advantage like Yao.
Don't get me wrong, I think the US has what it takes to win the gold. I just need to see that they can execute against the best teams, not just the easy ones.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yao Ming has also schooled Dwight Howard every time they meet in the regular season. That might be a key note because USA is terrible at sending help against centers (see Greece in 2006).

Snakk3

Don Juan
Reaction score
i just want to say that i don't think this years team is a Dream Team.
Players like Garnett and Stoudamire could make it even better.

but yeah, its a good team, lets see if the players have the will of the European players.