Upstairs neighbor

ted

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a hot blonde neighbor that lives above me. She moved in about a month ago. I went up to her door probably the second day after she moved in and her boyfriend answered. I kind of just talked to him while she was still unpacking even though she said hi. He made it known that he doesn't live there and that her kid is not his. I know that he hardly ever comes over(thin floors) and I'm not sure if they are still seeing eachother.
Every time I see her one of us is coming or going.She smiles at me, but the conversation is usually just "How are you" blah blah. I hate that I can't think of what to say at the spur of the moment.
Anyway, I was thinking about knocking on her door and asking to borrow some sugar and then starting a convo. I know this sounds a little lame, but I think I can make it work. Do you guys have any other suggestions?
By the way, I usually forget about a woman if she has a boyfriend but I am not afraid of him and I also know that she spends a lot of time by herself so I know she would enjoy my company if I just approach it right. I just need a good reason for me to go up and talk to her since I haven't done it yet.

runner10_13

Don Juan
Reaction score
no no no, the sugar routine is a dead end. She would be able to see that you really don't need sugar. Trust me, in a recent study of people trying to find ways of approaching people, the "asking for sugar" one didn't rank very high. You see, she will wonder why you need sugar...are you baking a cake...making kool-aid, such questions could damage a man's reputation. Might i suggest you ask for some hot sauce. THen she'll think "yeah, he must be watchin the game with the fellas, poundin back some brews, ran out of hot sauce for his hot wings, understandable" -this one ranked fair in the study. OR, perhaps the ol "steal an item of hers while shes gone then when shes home say you found this item of hers" one works. Really, there's infinate amounts of possibilities.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by runner10_13
You see, she will wonder why you need sugar...are you baking a cake...making kool-aid, such questions could damage a man's reputation.
Runner has a point!

Ask to borrow a can opener...then complain yours wore out cause you live off of canned soup because you can't cook very well... maybe she could come over and teach you some simple things?????:D

You can handle it from there, right?

ted

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know that asking for some sugar is an afc move. Actually I was going to admit that it was just an excuse to come up and talk to her which I don't think is an afc move. That is why I said that I can make it work.
Anyway, I saw her last night and she was standing in front of our building with a guy. I'm pretty sure it is a different guy from before. I said what's up to her, then I asked him if he was leaving. He didn't say anything. She knew why I asked and she said that he parked far away. I made some comments about our parking situation and she was laughing a little too hard and giving me the look. (you know what I mean, right?)
I know that she is attracted to me. If that is a new guy I think that I better make my move now. Any other suggestions?(I'm not waiting for your responses to make a move, I just want to see what you guys would do)