"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

Upstairs neighbor

ted

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 19, 2003
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Location
Delaware
I have a hot blonde neighbor that lives above me. She moved in about a month ago. I went up to her door probably the second day after she moved in and her boyfriend answered. I kind of just talked to him while she was still unpacking even though she said hi. He made it known that he doesn't live there and that her kid is not his. I know that he hardly ever comes over(thin floors) and I'm not sure if they are still seeing eachother.
Every time I see her one of us is coming or going.She smiles at me, but the conversation is usually just "How are you" blah blah. I hate that I can't think of what to say at the spur of the moment.
Anyway, I was thinking about knocking on her door and asking to borrow some sugar and then starting a convo. I know this sounds a little lame, but I think I can make it work. Do you guys have any other suggestions?
By the way, I usually forget about a woman if she has a boyfriend but I am not afraid of him and I also know that she spends a lot of time by herself so I know she would enjoy my company if I just approach it right. I just need a good reason for me to go up and talk to her since I haven't done it yet.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

runner10_13

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 20, 2003
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Location
Pennsylvania
no no no, the sugar routine is a dead end. She would be able to see that you really don't need sugar. Trust me, in a recent study of people trying to find ways of approaching people, the "asking for sugar" one didn't rank very high. You see, she will wonder why you need sugar...are you baking a cake...making kool-aid, such questions could damage a man's reputation. Might i suggest you ask for some hot sauce. THen she'll think "yeah, he must be watchin the game with the fellas, poundin back some brews, ran out of hot sauce for his hot wings, understandable" -this one ranked fair in the study. OR, perhaps the ol "steal an item of hers while shes gone then when shes home say you found this item of hers" one works. Really, there's infinate amounts of possibilities.
 

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
35
Location
Wine Country, Ca
Originally posted by runner10_13
You see, she will wonder why you need sugar...are you baking a cake...making kool-aid, such questions could damage a man's reputation.
Runner has a point!

Ask to borrow a can opener...then complain yours wore out cause you live off of canned soup because you can't cook very well... maybe she could come over and teach you some simple things?????:D

You can handle it from there, right?
 

ted

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 19, 2003
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Location
Delaware
I know that asking for some sugar is an afc move. Actually I was going to admit that it was just an excuse to come up and talk to her which I don't think is an afc move. That is why I said that I can make it work.
Anyway, I saw her last night and she was standing in front of our building with a guy. I'm pretty sure it is a different guy from before. I said what's up to her, then I asked him if he was leaving. He didn't say anything. She knew why I asked and she said that he parked far away. I made some comments about our parking situation and she was laughing a little too hard and giving me the look. (you know what I mean, right?)
I know that she is attracted to me. If that is a new guy I think that I better make my move now. Any other suggestions?(I'm not waiting for your responses to make a move, I just want to see what you guys would do)
 
Top