Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

UPDATE: Getting a prom date

Jokerlsk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, so i axed the other girl. I'm just not that into her, and she's sorta nasty and I'm not interested in going to prom with her anymore.

Girl 1: There's this one girl, who is a senior in 2 of my classes. The past two days we've studied together outside of school, and she's really cool. She talks about prom a lot, but it's never about me. She asked me who my friend was going with and who my other friend was going with, and when i said no one, she was like, "I want to go with him." I figure this means she's not interested at all. Strangely enough she pretty much told me her life story the past two days, and it was weird. Definitely a no go

Girl 2: I have one class with this girl and we usually get along pretty well. She's really cool and thinks I'm funny. She's slightly more popular than I am. Today we were workign in the library and my friends and her asked me who i was going to prom with, and i said I don't have a date yet, and then we asked her and she said, "Jokerlsk, I'll definitely go with you if things don't work out with this guy." My initial response was that she wasn't being serious. That's what my insecurity told me. And secondly, I don't want to be some chicks back up, ya know? What was I suppose to say to that? I just sorta sat there and changed the subject.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jokerlsk said:
Ok, so i axed the other girl. I'm just not that into her, and she's sorta nasty and I'm not interested in going to prom with her anymore.

Girl 1: There's this one girl, who is a senior in 2 of my classes. The past two days we've studied together outside of school, and she's really cool. She talks about prom a lot, but it's never about me. She asked me who my friend was going with and who my other friend was going with, and when i said no one, she was like, "I want to go with him." I figure this means she's not interested at all. Strangely enough she pretty much told me her life story the past two days, and it was weird. Definitely a no go

Girl 2: I have one class with this girl and we usually get along pretty well. She's really cool and thinks I'm funny. She's slightly more popular than I am. Today we were workign in the library and my friends and her asked me who i was going to prom with, and i said I don't have a date yet, and then we asked her and she said, "Jokerlsk, I'll definitely go with you if things don't work out with this guy." My initial response was that she wasn't being serious. That's what my insecurity told me. And secondly, I don't want to be some chicks back up, ya know? What was I suppose to say to that? I just sorta sat there and changed the subject.

Girl #1, Um. No.

Girl #2, Tell her that you will agree to that. Then immediately go and find other people to go with. Hell no, you aren't going to be someone's back up. Find someone else, get them to be your date. Karma's a *****. Girl #2's date won't pan out and when she asks you, too late, you already asked someone else.

Forget both of these.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Jokerlsk said:

Ok, so this is the follow up, great. So you decided not to go with this girl.

When she first started talking about prom you shoulda asked her right then and there if you were interested. Letting her go on and on like that about other men is not good.

Aww, damn! You're not first priority. Since this isn't in stone, go back and get some more plates. Had you said she wasn't being serious, there would be no hope!
Read bet- You should know. Come back here with a girl 3+. I told you you could swing by UGA and ask out some of the Lady 'Dawgs. Who the f**k said the girl gotta be in your same school? Screw that, bring a college girl if need be and show her a great time!

Igetit!

Reaction score
Jokerlsk said:
You care to elaborate more here?

Just a week ago you were all gung-ho about asking her out,now 7 days later she's "nasty" and you're no longer into her.

What happened? What makes you think she's all "nasty" all the sudden?

Did you even bother to ask her to the prom at all?

What the (beep) happened in the last week?

Jokerisk said:
Girl 1: There's this one girl, who is a senior in 2 of my classes. The past two days we've studied together outside of school, and she's really cool. She talks about prom a lot, but it's never about me.
"...it's never about me". Of course it wouldn't be about you.

She was talking TO YOU.

This was a friendzone situation you were in,you should have recognized that.

"Hanging out/studying" with a girl....

Her always talking about the prom and asking who your friends were going with...

You should have seen all these things and knew what the deal was.

Jokerisk said:
She asked me who my friend was going with and who my other friend was going with, and when i said no one, she was like, "I want to go with him." I figure this means she's not interested at all. Strangely enough she pretty much told me her life story the past two days, and it was weird. Definitely a no go
Ahh yeah,I'd say this DEFINATELY disqualifies this girl.

And what were you doing listening to her "life story" for the past two days anyway?

You know better than that.

Jokerisk said:
Girl 2: I have one class with this girl and we usually get along pretty well. She's really cool and thinks I'm funny.
So she thinks you're "funny". You know the deal man.

"Funny" without anything romantic or sexual="You're my best friend!:)".

Jokerisk said:
She's slightly more popular than I am. Today we were workign in the library and my friends and her asked me who i was going to prom with, and i said I don't have a date yet, and then we asked her and she said, "Jokerlsk, I'll definitely go with you if things don't work out with this guy."
You see the part I put in bold?

Dude,that DISGUSTS me. That flat out SICKENS me to my stomach.

Even though I don't think she's did it on purpose,she talked DOWN to you.

She didn't think enough of you to be able to get your own date,so she basically said she'd "pity" you and go with you herself...IF things didn't work out with some other dude.

I'd rather take that girl you classified as "nasty" than to be some chick's "just in case" option.

My initial response was that she wasn't being serious.
You thought she was joking,right? That's because of that "clowning around" persona you have at school.

To me,it wouldn't matter either way,if she were joking or not.

If she was joking,it's because of you being a "jokester" and always clowning around at school.

If she was serious,it's because she didn't think enough of you to get a date for yourself.

I would have been offended either way.

Jokerisk said:
I don't want to be some chicks back up, ya know?
We understand.

Don't go with her.

I don't care if you have to ask a thousand other girls,DO NOT GO with that girl.

Jokerisk said:
What was I suppose to say to that?
You should have said the same thing she said.

I would have been like,"Well thanks for the offer,but I ALREADY have someone in mind I want to take. I'll tell you what though,if things don't work out with that girl,then you can go with ME.".

Come on Jokerisk,stand up and be a MAN.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats with the attitude buddy?

Where's your swagger? Man up.

Forget getting a date, being a man is important for your own life.

If you like the girl then you should be flirting with her, not talking about puppy dogs and ice cream.

I just sorta sat there and changed the subject.
Man up, say 'wtf, im no backup *****'. It will at least make her laugh.

she's sorta nasty
Too wussy, say 'that slut was a stupid ****'.

Have you ever done any work into increasing your masculinity? Its the most important attractiveness trait.

Jokerlsk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a really fickle person. Just all the **** I've heard about her has turned me off. I feel like I could get a better date than her. So, na, I didn't ask her.

With the other girl. We were studying for a good hour and a half, but the last 30 minutes was deep conversation. I know this means I'm in the 'friendzone.' Chicks do this with me all the time. They decide that I'm the guy they're going to lay their **** on.

You were dead on with the last girl tho. I should of said that, but I was thinking, "WTF" when she said that because I took it as an insult too. She legitimately likes my personality tho. I'm not so much as a 'clown' as i was a year ago. I can't help it if a girl thinks I'm funny. She's the kind of girl that I can talk to like I talk to my guy friends. It's just easy.

Igetit!

Reaction score
Jokerlsk said:
I'm a really fickle person. Just all the **** I've heard about her has turned me off. I feel like I could get a better date than her. So, na, I didn't ask her.
Well,I guess if you don't like her,then you don't like her.

I'm sure there are other girls to ask.

Jokerisk said:
With the other girl. We were studying for a good hour and a half, but the last 30 minutes was deep conversation.
"Deep conversation". Yeah,that'll do it.

"Deep conversation" is comfort. My guess is that with the guy she wants to go to the prom with,he's all flirty with her,teasing her and using slight sexual innunendo,and that's why she wants to go with him.

He's basically doing all the things taught here on the form to do with girls.

Jokerisk said:
I know this means I'm in the 'friendzone.' Chicks do this with me all the time. They decide that I'm the guy they're going to lay their **** on.
Let me correct the part I underlined....

Instead of saying "chicks do this to me all the time",that should read,"I ALLOW chicks to do this to me all the time".

And where you say,"They decide that I'm the guy they're going to lay their **** on.",that should read,"I DECIDE that I'm the guy their going to lay their **** on".

I'm going to keep putting the responsibility of these interaction onto YOU until you "get it".

Jokerisk said:
She legitimately likes my personality tho.
What difference does this make?

Let's say that you're right and she indeed does like you're personality.

What does that have to do with the prom? She still tried to use you as a backup even with that personality.

Jokerisk said:
She's the kind of girl that I can talk to like I talk to my guy friends.
This is why there's no attraction present on her part.

You say you talk to her like you talk to your guy friends.

So I take it you don't flirt with your guy friends,or use sexual innuendo with them.

This is attraction 101. I guess if you have no interest in dating her,it's ok to do,but if you ever change your mind later on down the road and want to date her,it could come back to haunt you.

So you ruled out the "nasty" chick,and you don't want to go as this other girl's backup.

Ok,so what now?