She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.
You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.
She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.
The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.
Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.
She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.
Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.
So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.
The words come later. The impression comes first.
She was crazy??? Have you read this guy's threads?
Go have a quick look,then tell me who needs counseling.
Good point there. That's fair.By pointing out this girl was toxic as fuk, doesn't suggest that I think the OP is a straight up healthy alpha.
From what I have read of his posts, sounds like he needs counciling.
Fvck it. What's done is done. The past is the past.I did everything guys have asked me to. Like cut off the kids contact. It was progress.
Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.
Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers. Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.
I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.
I have to be selfish when it comes to this. Today is a male voice on the background, tomorrow is my ex moaning. Nah man, things don't roll that way with me. Maybe because I'm Portuguese, very similar to Brazilians. Yes I suffer and I'm obsessed and I wish I could be with her, but I'm the kind of guy if I saw my ex somewhere I would turn my face to the other side.The OP is as self-centered as they come, to the point of using children as pawns to deal with his insecurities.
He blocked the kids from seeing each other as a reaction to a specific trigger... that he heard another man’s voice in the background.
I genuinely feel sorry for these kids. @RicBoy, your obsession with this woman is causing carnage in your life and others’ lives. And to think that you only saw her for 7 months!
The sad part is that this drama is far from over. Until you get counseling and start gaining insight to this dynamic going on, you are doomed to perpetuate it. You need to RESOLVE to handle this once and for all for the sake of your son.
Her leaving is not “disrespect”. It is what she HAD to do. Both of you are complicit in this. The personal chemistry is terrible. But ultimately YOU are responsible for how it’s all handled.
I’ve been telling you all along that you’ve been using the children to handle your own insecurities. This is cruel, and it needs to stop.
Your situation strikes me as a man-child stomping his foot because he didn’t get his way. You’ve invested yourself with someone with whom you have no compatibility. It hurts, but this is part of life. You haven’t accepted this, and therein is the source of your damaging behavior.
For the sake of your son, you need to step up and handle this with the maturity that we have been trying to instill in you. At this point you shouldn’t have a care in the world what this ex is doing.
Gentlemen, I rest my case.I have to be selfish when it comes to this. Today is a male voice on the background, tomorrow is my ex moaning. Nah man, things don't roll that way with me. Maybe because I'm Portuguese, very similar to Brazilians. Yes I suffer and I'm obsessed and I wish I could be with her, but I'm the kind of guy if I saw my ex somewhere I would turn my face to the other side.
My cousin who was married 9 years. He found one day his wife on a car with a guy, she han't cheated, it really was just a male friend. But I'm sure she was starting to look elsewhere. When she came home, all her stuff was packed near the door of the front yard. He removed her name from the joined bank accounts and from the mortgage as well and off she went.
That's how he handled the business.
Back to my case, what do you think it would happen when the kids would start to meet up? Me going to her doorstep while she is giving me the cold shoulder or some guy even open the door to me? Or my soon see a new guy in the same bed I used to sleep or at the table I used to eat. No way I'm putting myself through suck a humiliation, I rather eat crap from the toilet.
She left me, I didn't want this, I wanted to be with her and the kids, she can know deal with the consequences.
Buddy you did what you did. You owe nobody an explanation whatsoever. Move on mate. Best of lucks!I have to be selfish when it comes to this. Today is a male voice on the background, tomorrow is my ex moaning. Nah man, things don't roll that way with me. Maybe because I'm Portuguese, very similar to Brazilians. Yes I suffer and I'm obsessed and I wish I could be with her, but I'm the kind of guy if I saw my ex somewhere I would turn my face to the other side.
My cousin who was married 9 years. He found one day his wife on a car with a guy, she han't cheated, it really was just a male friend. But I'm sure she was starting to look elsewhere. When she came home, all her stuff was packed near the door of the front yard. He removed her name from the joined bank accounts and from the mortgage as well and off she went.
That's how he handled the business.
Back to my case, what do you think it would happen when the kids would start to meet up? Me going to her doorstep while she is giving me the cold shoulder or some guy even open the door to me? Or my soon see a new guy in the same bed I used to sleep or at the table I used to eat. No way I'm putting myself through suck a humiliation, I rather eat crap from the toilet.
She left me, I didn't want this, I wanted to be with her and the kids, she can know deal with the consequences.
Check the post bellow, a picture of 6 months ago a well know member here advised meGentlemen, I rest my case.
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
You're possibly going too far and some what emotional insisting the kids were "step brother and sister" which is a ridiculous perspective to have considering they were dating for only seven months. Dating. As far as I read, they were not married which would have made them somewhat "step siblings".So you read this post and you blocking your ex and forbidding your son to hang out with his former step sis is what you made of this??
Probably for the best, you seem very emotionally invested. You are taking a dig at the guy with every sentence you write. Lot of virtue signaling on display here by a lot of members. Lot of "red pill chest thumping".I'm done. This is the last thing I'm posting in this thread.
That seems to be your answer for everything. But I understand why it may look as if I'm emotionally investedProbably for the best, you seem very emotionally invested.
Fair point.You're possibly going too far and some what emotional insisting the kids were "step brother and sister" which is a ridiculous perspective to have considering they were dating for only seven months. Dating. As far as I read, they were not married which would have made them somewhat "step siblings".
You have to accept that it's over and move on. Once you actually do that you'll feel a lot better. If you can't do it by yourself, maybe a psychologist could help.For the ones who followed my case about a year ago (link here https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threads/current-situation.264765/) I leave here a quick update if you're curious. So my ex had dumped me but my son and my ex's daughter remained friends. I had been in no contact for 7 months.
It's been 3 months since my son is living with me (he was living with his mother before in another country) and my ex didn't try to set up any play dates between the kids but my son and her daughter would video call weekly.
Eventually my ex started to show up on the videos calls. A month ago, I started to hear a guy on the background on the video call, in this case was a friend of my ex's daughter, but one day could be a new bf of my ex. ..i decided this was too much for me and was setting me back.
I blocked my ex and her daughter from my son's phone and end all of this.
I know eventually kids would meet and I would be driving back and forth like in the past my son to my ex's house while she would give me the cold shoulder and leave me with the nose at her door. I don't wanna look like a dog crawling for a bone anymore so I put an end to all of this. No more video calls, or playdates.
Unfortunately, I was a bit emotional and when I block them from my son's phone, I texted the msg bellow to my ex. But it's done now.
For reference Roni is my son and Mia is her daughter.
"I don't feel comfortable you talking to Roni on the phone while I'm in the house. I wanted to be with you and the kids but you decided to leave, therfore you and Mia need to go completely from Roni's and my life too. I'm blocking Mia and you from Roni's phone. It's the best for everyone. I'm not interested in having any connections, including the kids, unless we are dating."
I should have just blocked and no msg, and especially not" unless we are dating"... But it is what it is
Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.
You've been "getting ready" for two years.
She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.
Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.