"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Unstable behavior?

Phonenix DJ

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2004
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Space
Hey. Where is this going to appear? I'm new here and I'm lost!!


Read this and see if it's possible.

Two days ago I went to a wedding and I met some college friends. The priest was talking about how good should a men be to your wife, and bla bla bla, and then this girl ("friend" of mine) touched me quickly and said: "don't forget this, be a good man", and I replied: "don't worry, I'll".

In the Buffet, whenever she was talking, or moving on her chair, she "thouched" subtly my leg, near my knee, like she was "resting on" me.

I was teasing her all the time, and she hit me on my left shoulder. She hit so many times that she said: It's better to turn your shoulder, because you're left one must be aching"

She pretended she was "crying" and bowed her hear towards my shoulder.

But thre strange part is that, at the end of the Buffet, she said that she "loved" "one of my friends".

And when we were leaving the place they were leaving togheger. Until the exit, later each one went home ALONE.

Most of the times I see them touching hands, and hugs. I've never seen them kissing.

I'm really confused, She practically didn't talk much to him during the "party".

Any advice will be welcome.

:confused:
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

HuuBinh

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 3, 2002
Messages
292
Reaction score
2
Location
ATL
*she could be shytesting to see how you'll react.
*you probably misinterpreted the word "loved" from her.
 

SemperFi719

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Originally posted by Phonenix DJ



In the Buffet, whenever she was talking, or moving on her chair, she "thouched" subtly my leg, near my knee, like she was "resting on" me.

I was teasing her all the time, and she hit me on my left shoulder. She hit so many times that she said: It's better to turn your shoulder, because you're left one must be aching"

She pretended she was "crying" and bowed her hear towards my shoulder.

But thre strange part is that, at the end of the Buffet, she said that she "loved" "one of my friends".
:confused:
Sounds to me like she wanted some man. The whole her saying she "loved" one of your friends just could have meant that she liked how he acted/what type of person he was. Doesn't necessarily mean that she wants some from him. HOWEVER, she was displaying some nice buying signals to you earlier in the night. Could she have been testing you with the whole "i loved ur friend" line? Not really sure, one of the more expirienced DJ's on the board will have to attest to that, but I think its safe to say you could have gone for a close on this one, then you wouldn't be lost at all.
 

Phonenix DJ

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2004
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Space
This girl is picky/complicated

I see your point.

I really don't know. I really tease her all the time. And she hit me, she give that look "I'can't believe you said that!". Once I said that she was a little bit "fat", and then she said: "YOur jerk!!!".

I don't know if the problem its because I don't go foward with her.

She's really a picky girl. In the same day we went to the buffet (by car), she was talking to her Girl friend about one man that really want to date her, but she didn't want it, and bla bla bla.

It's complicated, because as I tease her a lot, this friend of her (girl) said That I loved her. Maybe she's playing hard to get.

It's not easy SemperFi719....
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top