Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Unpopular Opinion: I feel muscles are overrated.

skipfontaine22

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone else believe men put far too much focus on muscles?

In my opinion, as long as you're not fat, you're good. So why not spend less time trying to get muscles and more time developing social skills?

I believe these are the most important factors (for pulling women at bars):

1.) Social Energy / Fun / Charisma
2.) Height
3.) Looks
4.) Money
5.) Muscles

In other words, I believe being tall and funny / high energy and charismatic will always outpull anything in a social environment.

Money doesn't matter as no one can really tell how rich you are at a bar, unless you're doing cheesy stuff like flashing brand name sh*t.
Muscles are nice but the ROI just doesn't seem to be there.

-

I'd trade an inch off my d*ck, a zero from my net worth, and 2 points from my looks to be the tall high energy funny guy.
(When I say tall I mean like 6'2"+ )

Last edited:

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

In my opinion, as long as you're not fat, you're good. So why not spend less time trying to get muscles and more time developing social skills?

2.) Height
3.) Looks
4.) Money
5.) Muscles

In other words, I believe being tall and funny / high energy and charismatic will always outpull anything in a social environment.

Money doesn't matter as no one can really tell how rich you are at a bar, unless you're doing cheesy stuff like flashing brand name sh*t.

-

I'd trade an inch off my d*ck, a zero from my net worth, and 2 points from my looks to be the tall high energy funny guy.
You don't want to be the funny guy, trust me

I work out 3-4x per week and I have an athletic shape, it could be better but I won't do more because because the opportunity cost is too high and it won't make a big difference in terms of dating. As long as I'm not fat and I fill my t-shirt I'm ok.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

2.) Height
3.) Looks
4.) Money
5.) Muscles

-

Depends on the girl..... but yeah, muscles will be in the top 5. It's like what guys find attractive in women. Some guys like looks more than brains... some like breast more than the girl being "nice"... etc..

But just like muscles; breast/boobs/wide hips/clear skin will be in the top 5 for a lot of guys. Basically, physical attractiveness (having a great body - big shoulders, big bicepts, strong back, etc..) will be in the top five for girls, but it will not be the ultimate thing that makes a girl want you.

A lot of guys will hook up with an physically attractive girl, but she may not get the ring if her personality sucks. A lot of girls will friend zone a guy with an attractive body (muscles, etc.) if he's socially incompetent...

Basically, an ugly girl (butter face? non feminine) who has nice boobs, nice hips, nice waist, nice butt, clear skin, etc.. is at the same level as an socially inept, ugly guy (no strong jaw line.. no "hunters eyes") who has wide shoulders, big arms, strong back, etc.. basically a guy with a good body. These two people will be equivalent in their "SMV".

Now assume that you are an "ugly girl", would you rather have nice boobs, nice hips, nice waist, etc.. basically an awesome body to attract someone? Or would you rather improve your personality --- because land whales always tell people that having a "conventional attractive body" is just a social construct - it's what's inside that counts.

Last edited:

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A swimmers physique is all you need, the girls who want roided up body builders make up a very small niche. I've honestly stopped going to the gym and noticed no difference with the women I attract.
You stopped going to the gym. Why

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
You stopped going to the gym. Why
My gym raised its prices pretty significantly, from $8.95 a week in 2019 to $16.95 a week now. Until I get my home gym set up with the equipment I ordered I will be taking a break.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Missed in the thread is the body’s positive testosterone response to muscle building activities. As an old man I just got my T levels done and I’m smack on range which actually saddened me as I was not a candidate for TRT. I’m not huge though, 6’2 205 when I’m cut. It’s 5:15 am here in metro NY and I’m headed to the gym.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Missed in the thread is the body’s positive testosterone response to muscle building activities. As an old man I just got my T levels done and I’m smack on range which actually saddened me as I was not a candidate for TRT. I’m not huge though, 6’2 205 when I’m cut. It’s 5:15 am here in metro NY and I’m headed to the gym.
Diet plays a much bigger factor, stop eating processed foods with tons of sugar and soy. Eat broccoli which increases testosterone.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Muscles come from discipline, sleep and diet which give you health, strength, power and mental clarity. Women love them, men respect them.

Being a tall funny charismatic broke ugly weakling will get you nowhere.

I got about 40 lays slightly out of shape because no, muscles aren’t everything and I had height looks and confidence. Muscles and exercise is for mental and physical health. Looking good is a byproduct, aesthetics go hand in hand. Low body fat % makes you produce more testosterone. Being in shape and eating healthy will help you live longer. Regular fasting helps reduce aging. I could go on and on without even mentioning women.

Sort your life out you lazy prick.

Last edited:

Redwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Being fit is definitely a big part of the formula. You don't need to be a mass monster however.

Work on yourself to look good naked and better in a fitted t shirt. This will get you noticed over the average guy.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Diet plays a much bigger factor, stop eating processed foods with tons of sugar and soy. Eat broccoli which increases testosterone.
Actually cholesterol, which I get plenty of in my six to a dozen eggs I eat daily, and vitamin D, which I also supplement, play a much bigger role as they are the fundamental building blocks of testosterone. Just bro science, from one to another, in the tradition of so many men generations before us

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually cholesterol, which I get plenty of in my six to a dozen eggs I eat daily, and vitamin D, which I also supplement, play a much bigger role as they are the fundamental building blocks of testosterone. Just bro science, from one to another, in the tradition of so many men generations before us
Exercise, eat/sleep well, avoid alcohol (especially beer/hops which produces estrogen), maintain low bodyfat % and lower your stress levels.

Vit D3, Zinc and to a lesser extent Magnesium supplements can help, but you can get these from a healthy diet. Exercise, maintaining low body fat, eating, and sleeping well are the best for T, and are just normal for a healthy lifestyle. No magic is needed.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exercise, eat/sleep well, avoid alcohol (especially beer/hops which produces estrogen), maintain low bodyfat % and lower your stress levels.

Vit D3, Zinc and to a lesser extent Magnesium supplements can help, but you can get these from a healthy diet. Exercise, maintaining low body fat, eating, and sleeping well are the best for T, and are just normal for a healthy lifestyle. No magic is needed.
I do all of that

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on what you mean by "muscles." I agree, having that completely jacked - huge look appeals to some women, but not all. And I think you attract a certain type of woman with that look.

However, most women do prefer a man who is in good shape. I have found as I got older that whether I had bigger muscles or not made no difference so long as I was lean and had good definition. I got complimented regardless of how in shape I was as far as lifting is concerned. I even injured myself at one point and had to stop lifting completely for about 5 months. I kept my aerobic exercises up though and got very lean. It made no difference to women because I was still in shape.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

2.) Height
3.) Looks
4.) Money
5.) Muscles

-

Muscles show that you're healthy physically and mentally, they are also part of the looks package.

Being the funny guy if you're not attractive is a malus, you get jesterzoned.

Muscles also influence how other men treat you which influence how women perceive you.

Once I got decently muscular, provocations from other men (wheter direct or not direct) disappeared.

If you get inside a bar and the bar man stops doing what he is doing to ask what you wish, the woman with you notices it...as much as she does when he ignores you.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can over do anything, including muscles. The only way you get super-jacked is if you spend a lot of time in the gym. If you are doing that, then you are giving something up. You have to be fit (i.e. not fat, sloppy, or skinny), anything more than that is over kill. SO yeah... I agree with the OP list and order. Spend three days a week for about an hour doing weight training and that is really all you need.