Universal Dress Code

Fela Kuti

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PDubb75 said:
I'm big into fashion, have been told I have very good style, and have even been told my style is somewhat "metrosexual". But that link you gave made me cringe. I can't even pinpoint exactly what it was, aside from.... well, everything.

Maybe it's the fact that guys come to that site simply to show their clothes? And/or that other guys sit around the computer commenting on other guys' clothes? I don't know, but no thank you! I base my style on what I like. I go to stores and find clothes that I feel would look good on me (as well as women that would look good on me :yes: ). I could care less what some other guy is wearing, especially on a online fashion forum.

Which, is completely different than this post here, btw. But, if that forum is your thing, have fun.
Well, that thread is a hit-or-miss I guess, especially if you only look at the first couple of pages. But browse around and you'll find some gems.

bankai

Don Juan
Reaction score
Old Spice said:
This is the minimum of what your wardrobe should consist of:

5 polos
lol no.

3 nice tshirts
yes

3 pairs of nice jeans (not levis from walmart)
not necessary

1 nice watch and accesory (ring, necklace)
helpful, but not necessary

1 pair of clean athletic shoes that are a neutral color such as white or black, and that you DO NOT work out in
not necessary.

2 nice pairs of dress shoes, 1 more casual, one more dressy.
not necessary.

1 nice track suit
lol NO wth? :crackup:
http://inlightsreviews.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/date-night.jpg

2 different colognes
yes

2 dress shirts
yes.

Remember, this is a BASIC guide as to what will appeal to the majority of women. If you are having problems deciding on a new look, you can not go wrong with this guide.
Honestly this guide isn't that helpful. A tracksuit??? What is this 2003? imo women may look at your clothing but their more concerned about how they look than you (provided your decently kept). They tend to be more interested in your status (economic, education, social), they can sniff out someone who's trying to look rich.

I rarely wear dress pants/shirts unless it's a formal occasion or an anniversary. Most of the time I'm somewhat casual like this

But I guess it depends on your location, type of girl, and age group you're in. For me comfort is more important then being the best dressed in the room. Besides I the whole metrosexual thing is overrated.

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kentgraham10 said:
Ok guys one area that hasn't been addressed in shorts. I am totally 100% clueless on this. Almost none of my friends wear shorts and if they do, its plaid (BLARGFH), jean shorts (ok even I know that won't cut it), or just stick with jeans like I do. What do you guys recommend?
Most of my shorts are khaki.

I have a "normal" pair of cargo/khaki like these: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...archBox&biw=1259&bih=624&tbm=isch&um=1&itbs=1

A nicer pair like these: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...archBox&biw=1259&bih=624&tbm=isch&um=1&itbs=1 (don't wear those too often)

A grey-ish pair like these: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...archBox&biw=1259&bih=624&tbm=isch&um=1&itbs=1

And a green pair similar to the grey ones. You will never seen me in jean shorts lol. I have 2 pair of plaid ones, but I have very few shirts I wear those with. I think shorts are one of the most difficult clothing items. Not sure where you live exactly, but here in Chicago (and most places) jeans are sometimes just not an option.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gray The Prince said:
I can almost guarantee, you're that creepy guy who wears the same shirt 3-4 times a week.
He can wear whatever he wants, stop judging everybody.

loveshogun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kentgraham10 said:
Ok guys one area that hasn't been addressed in shorts. I am totally 100% clueless on this. Almost none of my friends wear shorts and if they do, its plaid (BLARGFH), jean shorts (ok even I know that won't cut it), or just stick with jeans like I do. What do you guys recommend?
I only wear shorts for heavy physical activity/outdoorsy stuff. And they're usually board shorts/swim trunks.

Wear shorts for practicality first, fashion second.

kentgraham10

Don Juan
Reaction score
loveshogun said:
I only wear shorts for heavy physical activity/outdoorsy stuff. And they're usually board shorts/swim trunks.

Wear shorts for practicality first, fashion second.
When I do wear shorts, its swim trunks for when I am going to be near water or athlethic shorts when I go to the gym or play a sport outside. I really don't have any type of shorts that are for walking around the town or whatever lol. Going to use the Kkkhi suggestion posted by Pbubb probably, thanks men!

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The shorts I have are all Hollister, One Pair is White. One pair is Khaki. The other pair are blue plaid. The last pair is peach, green, and blue plaid.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gray The Prince said:
I can almost guarantee, you're that creepy guy who wears the same shirt 3-4 times a week.
And I can pretty much guarantee that you are that horny teenager that wonders why girls his age don't want him.

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BigJimbo said:
And I can pretty much guarantee that you are that horny teenager that wonders why girls his age don't want him.
You wanna take a bet on that? I can guarantee that quite a few of them do. (I can post a pic or 2.) You should post a pic too, and to make sure you're legit, hold up a spoon in your picture.

I'm calling you out in front of this whole community, so come at me bro.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BigJimbo said:
Legend :whistle:

Rubirosa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a very expensive blue suit by Paul Smith. EVERY time I wear it, I notice that I get more stares. Wearing it to a club with a tie is a little much, but wearing it with a black open neck shirt and a pocket square totally works.
Because of my age, I can't dress like the guys on Jersey Shore, so I copy the style of Daniel Craig in James Bond movies !

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gray The Prince said:
Lol, you're just a straight up faggot who never delivers and is afraid to step out of his own comfort zone. U mad brah?
Cool story bro.

krishnavi

Reaction score
Dress pants with dress shirt or polo shirt, I think this will best suits for males. For females, dress pants, or skirt and blouse may be worn of any color. Length of dress or skirt should be no higher than two-inches above the knee.

patrick.de

Don Juan
Reaction score
Energy25 said:
I think it's pretty gay for a guy to worry so much about what he's wearing...
This.

While dressing reasonably well can raise your chances, worrying too much about it is not manly. If someone really went out to buy two more polos because he only has 3 and someone posted on an internet message board that you have to have 5 then you should go to the store again and get yourself a nice skirt which matches your ****in polos.

Clint Eastwood would punch everyone in the face who actively participates in this bull****.

Uberguy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
patrick.de said:
This.

While dressing reasonably well can raise your chances, worrying too much about it is not manly. If someone really went out to buy two more polos because he only has 3 and someone posted on an internet message board that you have to have 5 then you should go to the store again and get yourself a nice skirt which matches your ****in polos.

Clint Eastwood would punch everyone in the face who actively participates in this bull****.
When in doubt, threaten people with the wrath of an octogenarian who argues with chairs.

It's simple. Just like you should dress for the job you want, not the job you have, you should dress for the type of girl you want. What works in the South won't necessarily work in the North, and vice versa. It's crucial to figure out what turns on the girls you like. Some of them like the James Bond type. Others prefer the Jersey Shore type. Others prefer thugs, cowboys, hipsters and so on. Know your target, and dress accordingly.

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uberguy said:
When in doubt, threaten people with the wrath of an octogenarian who argues with chairs.

It's simple. Just like you should dress for the job you want, not the job you have, you should dress for the type of girl you want. What works in the South won't necessarily work in the North, and vice versa. It's crucial to figure out what turns on the girls you like. Some of them like the James Bond type. Others prefer the Jersey Shore type. Others prefer thugs, cowboys, hipsters and so on. Know your target, and dress accordingly.
While I agree with you that clothes do, in fact, matter, I don't agree you should dress based on what your target girl likes.

You should dress based on what YOU like. If clothes are going to help you get girls, it's going to be because you are confident in your looks and yourself. That confidence and self-acceptance is going to be what comes off in a positive way with the girls you approach.

No girl goes out and only responds to guys with sport coats on. Come on now. And if a girl won't talk to you because you aren't wearing a specific style, then fvck her! Who the hell wants that?