Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

United States Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who was your favorite president, and why?

Me? Benjamin Franklin. He discovered electricity, and he's on the 100 dollar bill. Not a coincidence.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ben Franklin was very important in politics, but he was not a president. Although I admire his values and outlook on life very much. To me he is still the strongest voice of the principles and virtues of the middle class. I'm actually reading a biography of him right now (again) :)

I'd have to go with Jefferson though. He completely changed politics and is one of the wisest people I've read about. The more I read about him, the more I find myself leaning toward Jeffersonian political philosophy.

Now if Ron Paul wins come 2008 (the only person who would wipe the floor with Hillary), Jefferson may have some big competition as for the spot of my favorite president :)

Mr. Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
I like Bill Clinton, George W. is 2nd choice..

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Abebraham Lincoln. The man was our most beloved president. If it wasen't for him and his generals, we woulda have the same USA we have today. Probably wouldnt even be called the usa

more like

CSA
or something

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Wolf said:
You're a funny man.

And yeah, Teddy Roosevelt was pretty awesome.

Canibus27

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm an Abe Lincoln fan. I believe he was the greatest president...ever. Not far behind for me is George Washington and FDR.

I think Ben Franklin would have been a great president. He is my favorite colonial/founding father. I believe he was the wisest men on the time, and I agree with a lot of his views.

I have a question for you. I've always wondered what there voices sounded like. What kind of personality did they have, for some reason I think they would be really stuck-up. And what do you think they would think about America today?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Wolf said:
God, anybody but Obama..

bill clinton won't run against his wife...
george w is serving his second term now, he can't run again

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
what do you think they would think about America today?

They'd be organizing a coup d'etat.
invoking their first and second amendment rights no doubt!

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Canibus27 said:
I have a question for you. I've always wondered what there voices sounded like. What kind of personality did they have, for some reason I think they would be really stuck-up. And what do you think they would think about America today?
I think Washington and Franklin had English accents and I bet they were very snobbish.

They would not be happy with the America of today.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say JFK, Lincoln, Franklin, and Jefferson.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do we continue naming Franklin after stating he is NOT a president?! Personally I have to go with Old Hickory.

Just a pre warning don't let this turn political keep it historical

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahh what the hell! I thought they only put presidents on the 100 dollar bill.

He WAS President of Pennsylvania... will someone please explain to me why he was NOT a US president? It's just boggling me now. Maybe he was too smart to become president, he knew he could work behind the scenes and not take all the heat if something went awry.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Create Reality said:
Ahh what the hell! I thought they only put presidents on the 100 dollar bill.

He WAS President of Pennsylvania... will someone please explain to me why he was NOT a US president? It's just boggling me now. Maybe he was too smart to become president, he knew he could work behind the scenes and not take all the heat if something went awry.
http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/signers/franklin.htm
Benjamin Franklin

1706-1790

Representing Pennsylvania at the Continental Congress
Born: January 17, 1706
Birthplace: Boston, Ma.
Education: Self-taught, apprenticed as a printer. Honorary Doctor of Laws, Universities of Edinburgh and Oxford.
Work: Printer, Publisher, Scientist. Clerk of the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1736; Founded the Library Company of Philadelphia, 1731; Postmaster of Philadelphia, 1737-1753; Member of Pennsylvania Assembly, 1751-1764; Deputy Postmaster general of the British colonies in America, 1753; Founded Academy of Sciences of Philadelphia, 1753; Agent to Europe for Pennsylvania, 1757-1762, for Pennsylvania, Georgia, New Jersey, Massachusetts, 1764-1775; Elected to Continental Congress, 1775; Testified before Parliament concerning the Stamp Act, 1776; Postmaster General of the united colonies, 1775; Commissioner to the French Court, 1776; Minister plenipotentiary to the French Court, 1779; Negotiator in and Member of the Treaties with Gr.-Britain, 1781-1783; Member of the Supreme Executive Council of Pennsylvania, President of Pennsylvania Society for the Abolition of Slavery, 1785; Senior member of the Constitutional Convention, 1787.
Died: April 17, 1790

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Create Reality bro...how the fvck did you not know Franklin wasn't a president? Whatever you're smoking....stop

He was more of an international ambassador guy.

My favorite would have ot be FDR and Truman. Truman had the balls to nuke the japs.

Status
Not open for further replies.