Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Unconventional DJ's

cinephile

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The unconventional DJ

In our constant process of learning about the ladies, there are times when we just hit the wall. Despite all our diligent work, the results are not there. This is not acceptable. Sometimes though, it is not because of a lack of effort or understanding, but in application. The art in being a DJ, Pimp, Player, Ladies Man, whatever , is not how well you can repeat someone else’s methods, but how well you can apply them to your own life and situation.

Here is an example, Dr Phil. Okay stop laughing. Yes I mean that bald guy that comes on after Oprah. We look at Dr Phil, he’s got a bad case a male pattern baldness, a dorky moustache, and is the host of one of those god awful afternoon talk shows. This is all besides the fact that he is one of Oprah’s evil minions. Now step back , a lot, and look objectively at him. The first thing is that he is not a weasely little wimp like the usual hosts before him ( Say Phil Donahue, king of the AFC’s). He comes on, takes charge, and while letting his guests talk about their problems, he dictates to them how to solve them. He is in charge, he is the one who knows the solutions. Yes it is a bit arrogant, but he offers direct, common sense solutions as opposed to the usual touchy feely crap. People respect his toughness as someone who willing to say what needs to be said.

The show itself is a means to solidify his authority. I mean he is a doctor, and his solutions make sense, and even Oprah says he’s good. Automatically, he is going to be respected whether or not he actually deserves it . Also his light Texas accent identifies him not so much as some intellectual who knows more about books than people, but as someone who you could know who understands the problems that people really face. None of this Electra complex **** for him. He is a man of the people.

Okay, how does this make him a DJ?. Well lets see, he’s got social proof, he is able to speak with authority, he doesn’t mince words, and is direct with his actions. Isn’t this usually the very description of what most people define as being a “Real Man”.

The best example of this was on his special “The Dr. Phil Great American Weight Loss Challenge” where he spent most of the time berating all the fatties on what losers they were. He simply told them the truth, they were fat because they ate too much and didn’t exercise. None of this genetics or “I’m too tired from taking care of my kids and cleaning the house and…” crap. The contestants ate it up. People seem to love when you can deliver the “Truth” to them. Of course it makes for great entertainment as well (run fatty run). What this also did was show Dr, Phil not only as the one in charge who everybody looked for approval from, but as an ideal to live up to because he was obviously the best in shape physically and mentally.

Now while some of you will argue that Dr. Phil would probably only do well in 50 and over set, I would tend to disagree. He probably does much better than he has right to, but so what. He’s got mad skilz. Okay maybe not. .But the point is two fold, one to show that you don’t have live up to other people’s ideals and two to encourage debate into alternative ways of thinking.

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At first I thought your post was about differrent ways/forms of DJing....and that you needed help with low success.....

Then you went on to prove that Dr.Phil is a DJ and we should follow his ways...

Although a very well written post...and I now appreciate Dr.Phill is a DJ.

Maybe you should have posted this on Tips with the title "Learn from Dr.Phill"

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I met Dr. Phil a couple of years ago in Chicago. I hadn't though about it but he does have several DJ qualities. He doesn't need to pull women because he's married. BTW, his wife ain't that bad even after being married to him for d@mn near 30 years!

In talking to Dr. Phil you notice several DJ qualities:

1.) Presence - He's about 6'4, built like a linebacker and has a resonating voice. You can't help but to notice him whenever he speaks.

2.) Engaging - When he talks to you, he talks WITH you. There's a give and take. PLUS he brings in other people to speak up and voice their opinions and to interact with the group. This is definitely a skill to use while clubbing.

3.) Confident - This man does not stutter. He means what he says and says what he means. There is no guessing about where he is coming from, he'll tell you straight out.

4.) Humorous - This man is actually pretty funny. You can't tell it when you first meet him but after a while you are joking with him as one of the guys. This proves that you can have a huge, commanding presence without having to make people afraid of you.

5.) Active - Although you may not guess it right away, but Dr. Phil is an avid tennis player. He literally plays daily! This proves that a guy around 50 does not have to conform to society's definition of old.

6.) Intelligence - Yeah yeah, I know... He's a doctor so he's supposed to be intelligent. But what I mean is that he is worldly, he can talk about just about anything under the sun. Not that he's an authority on everything, just that he has either experienced it or has an opinion about it. This adds to him being an interesting communicator.

These are just the things that stuck out prominently from getting to know him for a little while. Like I said, I never thought of him as a DJ before (and probably not too much now) but I will say that he has at least some of the important character traits and qualities of a successful DJ.

cinephile

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. My main point in writting the article was to try get people to think a bit more broadly about those qualities which define a DJ. Too many people try and adapt some very phony personalities types to themselves as a means to do better withe the ladies. I mean how many people here cite Tyler Durden as their DJ template when he is a fictional character within a fictional movie ( I know the point is more that the Ed Norton charater was percieved as Tyler). Dr Phil at least has some semblance of reality. DJ is as much an art as it is a science.