Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Unable To Use Tinder Unless I Agree With BLM Movement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Exercise some humility
Wouldnt that also include not burning down people's businesses, beating of old people for no reason, stealing and looting other people's property? Or does that not apply when it doesnt work in your favor?

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What the fuk has the world become?
Stop hyperventilating.

they aren't asking you to agree with blm.

They're asking you to click the agree button to pass that screen, so they can later say they've got proof that all their members are AWARE of their stance on blm, not that all their members agree with blm.

this is more cya than anything else.

Big corporation don't give a rats arse about blm or any sub-section of any underclass.

They just don't want the negative blowback if it looks like they don't.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wouldnt that also include not burning down people's businesses, beating of old people for no reason, stealing and looting other people's property? Or does that not apply when it doesnt work in your favor?
Yes it does. Right wing extremists need to stop burning down businesses. We are in agreement.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Yes it does. Right wing extremists need to stop burning down businesses. We are in agreement.
I would love for you to show me where right wing extremists are burning down buildings. Sorry but another false and completely idiotic statement from you.

The right wing has been to busy AT WORK to go loot, steal, kill people and riot. THUGS.

Zontyy

Don Juan
Reaction score
State sanctioned executions of black men is unacceptable. “That is the world man” is not a sufficient solution.

Exercise some humility and listen to the black and brown folks out there who have lived experience on these issues. Are you willing to do that?
It's not just "black men" its happening everywhere to everyone. In South Africa it's a role reversal from apartheid where white farmers are targeted by the government now. In China being a Muslim drops your social credit score so much that your put in a "work camp" Plenty of whites die to cops in the US as well. When Jesus was fasting in the wilderness Satan the Devil offered him all the kingdoms/governments of the world if he would just bow down and worship him. We as people can't fix these issues only god can.

Exercise some humility? We are some of the lucky ones, we are in one of the last few countries that offers upward mobility regardless of your circumstances you have a better chance making it here then most places in the world. The worst part of it all is, things keep getting worse and worse and still we have better then most.

Zontyy

Don Juan
Reaction score
There it is again. Humility, bro. You have to listen. Don’t down play our truth.
I'm not downplaying or denying injustice, you can't change the world you are not god. Globalization and mass media we are seeing a completely degradation of morals on a worldwide scale along with economic hardship.

If you think you can change the world then more power to you, your just going to drive yourself crazy. The best I can do it keep my morals and try to live by god's examples. I have faith god will sort everything out.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There it is again. Humility, bro. You have to listen. Don’t down play our truth.
Nobody downplays the truth about the Black experience in America, you up-play the truth by making claims like "Blacks built every piece of infrastructure in the US".

Did Blacks slaves build the freeways in California(for example)?

To make a bold claim like that diminishes the contributions of other groups of people who've also contributed to American society....

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not downplaying or denying injustice, you can't change the world you are not god. Globalization and mass media we are seeing a completely degradation of morals on a worldwide scale along with economic hardship.
“That is the world man”
“It happens to everyone everywhere.”

That is down playing, my friend.

If you think you can change the world then more power to you, your just going to drive yourself crazy. The best I can do it keep my morals and try to live by god's examples. I have faith god will sort everything out.
We are in agreement. We all just want to live our best life. Unfortunately, black folks are more likely to be fvcked with just for existing. That’s reality.

mozarto.o

Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately, black folks are more likely to be fvcked with just for existing. That’s reality.
Even if that were true, that kind of mindset will only contribute to your own detriment.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you went to college, there’s a good chance your university was built by slave labor, along with the White House and pretty much every piece of American infrastructure.
Yes, bad things have happened all throughout the history of humanity. What are we supposed to do, tear down the White House? The pyramids were built by slaves also, should we have them demolished?

We can't hold people in the past to the same standards that we hold people today. There were slaves throughout the entire history of the world in the past, it was all people knew back then. But those people helped put together the mechanisms, ideas, and incremental changes that led to abolish it, so let's not be too quick to judge everybody in the past. We have enough problems in the present. Nobody in the US today wants to own slaves, or to bring back slavery. We can't go back in change it, so the question is where do we go from here?

It's one thing to call for abolishing the police, or defunding them, but when it's accompanied by an uptick in murder, shootings, vandalism, and violence, it doesn't come across as very sincere or practical.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even if that were true, that kind of mindset will only contribute to your own detriment.
Explain what “that mindset” means.

Yes, bad things have happened all throughout the history of humanity. What are we supposed to do, tear down the White House? The pyramids were built by slaves also, should we have them demolished?

We can't hold people in the past to the same standards that we hold people today. There were slaves throughout the entire history of the world in the past, it was all people knew back then. But those people helped put together the mechanisms, ideas, and incremental changes that led to abolish it, so let's not be too quick to judge everybody in the past. We have enough problems in the present. Nobody in the US today wants to own slaves, or to bring back slavery. We can't go back in change it, so the question is where do we go from here?
Mostly agree with this. Yes, men of yesterday can’t be held to today’s standards. We move forward by acknowledging that those same men were individuals worthy of scrutiny. George Washington was a brutal slave owner that ripped out the teeth of his slaves to put in his own mouth. Robert E. Lee was a traitor to the union. Christopher Columbus was a genocidal maniac. We can go down the list but the point is this: Those facts should not offend anyone that lives by today’s moral standards. If you aren’t a slave owner, why defend their glorification?

It's one thing to call for abolishing the police, or defunding them, but when it's accompanied by an uptick in murder, shootings, vandalism, and violence, it doesn't come across as very sincere or practical.
Let’s not get caught up in rhetoric. Defund means to reduce funding. Police departments now are equipped with military equipment to a point where you’d think there is a war going on. Why is that not a conversation worth having?

mozarto.o

Don Juan
Reaction score
Explain what “that mindset” means.
A mindset in which you attribute more value to your socially perceived identity than your very own.

Let’s not get caught up in rhetoric. Defund means to reduce funding. Police departments now are equipped with military equipment to a point where you’d think there is a war going on. Why is that not a conversation worth having?
I'm not American but from the outside, the idea of"de-funding" the police just seems extra stupid to me. If anything the police needs more money to produce better quality officers right?

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When we take a look at video footage of all the carnage, riots, looting and violence in the streets, does it not look like a warzone?

When anarchist groups take over 6 blocks in Seattle and when they block police and emergency services from responding to shooting victims in CHAZ/CHOP, would it not be prudent to equipment them with military grade gear to help victims?

Anarchist recently attempted to set up an autonomous zone in D.C., police were able to disburse the crowd before things got out of hand.

In the past, I would have agreed that the police are a community service and not military, but with these recent violent riots, I now see more reason to give police officers the tools to maintain peace and order.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just randomly selected the first video that popped up on youtube search. Sorry, but without a properly funded and properly equipped police force, this type of chaos will escalate beyond control

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another shooting in CHAZ/CHOP, violence is inevitable without a police force

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A mindset in which you attribute more value to your socially perceived identity than your very own.
What an ironic statement.

I'm not American but from the outside, the idea of"de-funding" the police just seems extra stupid to me. If anything the police needs more money to produce better quality officers right?
No. U.S. spends by far the most on policing, yet still has much higher crime than other developed countries. Insanity is doing the same thing expecting different results.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Corrector, I see your from Canada and not the US. I've spent plenty of times in Brampton and love me some Brampton girls. The thing is though culturally blacks from Canada are much different from the US. I could be out all night walking the streets in Brampton as white guy and feel completely safe. There are parts of the US inter cities where as a white guy that just not possible.
Why is Brampton singled out? What about other parts of the GTA? Brampton seems rather low class for my tastes, like there is a smell of weed all over the place. I fill up for gas and I smell weed.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Defund means to reduce funding. Police departments now are equipped with military equipment to a point where you’d think there is a war going on.
Defunding the police means different things to different people. Some on the more extreme end want to get rid of the police altogether. Others want to get rid of the police and build up something in its place completely from scratch. On the more reasonable end, they want to divert funds from the police to invest into urban communities. Some of that is being done now. Unfortunately, with the elections looming in November, politicians have decided to politicize this movement, so I now doubt we will see any bipartisanship, cooperation, or anything getting done.

In my experience, most of the budget in any department goes to payroll and personnel. I'm not in favor of cutting officers pay or benefits because the job they try to do is impossible, it's no wonder some of them go off the rails. Lowering their wages would only result in drawing a lower grade of officer, which will only exacerbate any problems. Nearly 1,000 officers have been injured in these riots, some killed outright, at this point I would say they need more equipment, not less.

When we take a look at video footage of all the carnage, riots, looting and violence in the streets, does it not look like a warzone?

<snip>

In the past, I would have agreed that the police are a community service and not military, but with these recent violent riots, I now see more reason to give police officers the tools to maintain peace and order.
BLM is a Marxist political organization that plans to use violent revolutionary tactics to effect the change that they want. What exactly they want seems to change as time goes on. First they wanted the police defunded, lately they seem determined to remove all signs of democracy so that they can replace it with their Marxist dream. Everyone supported the protesters at first, but when they start burning, looting, killing, assaulting, and destroying, my ears glaze over.

Status
Not open for further replies.