Un-Returned Calls

young_gun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm still pretty new to the game. I feel like I get better every day, and I really don't have any problems approaching girls or getting their phone numbers anymore. Probably at least 2-3 new #'s a week. This is a huge improvement from the 2-3 phone numbers I got every year in the past.

One thing I've been noticing lately is that although I can get the phone #'s no problem, following up seems to be a problem. A lot of girls I talk to either don't answer my phone calls, or they don't call me back when I leave them a message. I really don't understand why this is, especially when they seem willing to give their number to me.

I don't know, maybe I'm not pushing hard enough. Maybe I'm just impatient. One thing I've made a policy recently is to "go after what I want" but sometimes I feel like what I want is evading me. Anyone else have / had this problem?

charlie brown

Don Juan
Reaction score
young_gun said:
Hey guys, I'm still pretty new to the game. I feel like I get better every day, and I really don't have any problems approaching girls or getting their phone numbers anymore. Probably at least 2-3 new #'s a week. This is a huge improvement from the 2-3 phone numbers I got every year in the past.

One thing I've been noticing lately is that although I can get the phone #'s no problem, following up seems to be a problem. A lot of girls I talk to either don't answer my phone calls, or they don't call me back when I leave them a message. I really don't understand why this is, especially when they seem willing to give their number to me.

I don't know, maybe I'm not pushing hard enough. Maybe I'm just impatient. One thing I've made a policy recently is to "go after what I want" but sometimes I feel like what I want is evading me. Anyone else have / had this problem?
No. I haven't. But I will say I never leave messages, I don't know if thats a "standard" thing to do but I just don't care nowadays. If it doesn't happen....it don't...but if you move on it eventually will. Question....are you calling these girls up the same day you get the number or the next?

Passion

Don Juan
Reaction score
How long does it take for you to call them after you get their #? That could be an issue.

It seems that the girls might have just been trying to be "nice" by giving you their #. What you should focus on is building better rapport with them in real life and showing more value (be more interesting). I don't leave messages very often, but if I do, I make sure my voice is very charismatic and confident.

young_gun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wait at least one day before calling. Most of the time 1-2. I try to stay away from the "where did you go to school" "what's your major" "what classes are you taking" as much as I can. I know a lot of guys that do that that are really bad with chicks.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah yes, the DED's. (Dead End Digits.)

Take it as a half-baked compliment. If you were some clueless creepy guy, there's no way you'd get her real #. But they're still lukewarm on the idea of seeing you.

Try talking 5 minutes instead of 2 before you leave, with more eye contact. And expand your social circle, so you don't just get #'s from drunk chicks at clubs (they sober up and then change their minds.)

Ace_McGregor

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's part of your problem... If your calling 1-2 days later it's too soon in my opinion. I try to wait 5 days. Calling 1-2 days later can come off as needy.

young_gun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you serious?? I try not to wait too long, I find that if I wait more than a few days they forget who I am.

Natch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah phyzzle's onto it.

If the number's youre getting are wood you need to rebuild from the ground up, this isn't something you can fix after you get their # (waiting x days to call is a red herring IMHO).

But youobviously have some good stuff going on if you are managing to get a conversation going and you have the balls to close, now you just need to tweak what youre doing a bit.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you serious?? I try not to wait too long, I find that if I wait more than a few days they forget who I am.
Some "dating gurus" say wait 5-9 days. This is to test interest. If she forgets who you are, she obviously wasn't that impressed with you. So even if you had called her the next day, it would probably have gotten you two dates and a friendly hug.

young_gun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll try this stuff out. Anyone else?

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd also delete the # if you're getting flakey responses. No sense in getting bent out of shape from a girl who wasn't sincerely interested in YOU first.

If the iron is not struck while the iron is hot, some other DJ is hitting that piece. Women know they have options while they are still young and hot, so they only call back the most interesting guys they remember that gamed them.

It's good for the soul to replenish those #closes while throwing out the non interested ones. I used to have the habit of keeping all my #closes on my cell as a pride of achievement, but now I realize it's silly, if they wouldn't ever return a call.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The truth is,if the girl is digging you enough from the get go,she wont mind anytime you call her. I wouldn't recommend calling a day after you get the digits(I tried it and it worked but I felt I rushed into it). Just wait two or three days to call, or if you must go ahead and call the next day. As someone posted above,if you # close too fast(two minutes or less) then they may act all flakey. This has happened to me with a chick I met at a club,another at a retail store and another at the gym. I met them,quick rapport and # closed in less then two minutes. None were too receptive to me as I think I "Shocked & Awed" them too quick for them to handle.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not returning your calls is a sign of low interest level. I usually call a chick twice MAX, if she doesn't return my call or sends a text message, I move on.

Don't waste your time on low interest chicks.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Centaurion said:
Not returning your calls is a sign of low interest level. I usually call a chick twice MAX, if she doesn't return my call or sends a text message, I move on.

Don't waste your time on low interest chicks.
Girls are freaking weird.

I've had this one not return calls or anything... and she kept being kind of flaky.. at least she kept apologizing "i'm going to owe you so big with flaky i've been being" But then we ended up going out and making out anyway.

Some girls just don't return calls. Some will even admit to this. They'll even like the guy and still not return calls or not go out with the guy. They are broken.

young_gun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear that. I remember a time in the past when I had called this girl quite a few times. I finally gave up on her and a few weeks later she calls me up and asks me to her sorority dance. It blew my mind.

young_gun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was actually thinking about that earlier. It seems like the girls that don't call me back are the ones I meet at parties. Tells me something right there!