Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ultimate Secret to ABs...and getting bigger..

maosrdbf

Don Juan
Reaction score
RUNNING.

Yes that is it.

RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN.

I don't care what Diesel says, although alot of the stuff he says is true, only running will get you defined abs. It is the absolute best way to burn fat.

Also, don't do heavy weight when doing ab workouts. Go very light and high in reps.

Also, you don't really have to worry too much about eating if you want to get bigger. The idea is to build muscle mass, not mass from fat. Eat healthy foods like salmon, tuna, chicken, etc. Proteins are good. Protein supplements are probably for the most part, not too good. Once you stop working out, all that protein from the supplements just turn into fat, so it screws you over in the long run.

Basically, to gain mass, just do heavy weight. Do sets with 5 reps because doing more than that, you just get tired and lose proper form. Do like 3 sets of each variation. The last set should be the set where you aren't able to complete 5. When you finally can complete 5, go up 5 or 10 pounds (depending on what you're doing). This will steadily increase your strength and you will just see the results later.

Try focusing on increasing strength rather than how defined you're getting. The definition will seriously come out and you will wonder when it happened.

Oh, and most importantly; DROP SETS/SUPER SETS!!

Think about it. You are doing really heavy weight and on the last set you completely wear out your muscle and can hardly push that last rep up. What should you do next? Tear the muscle even more! Do a drop set. Cut the weight in half and do as many as you possibly can. Push out the weight fast, but bring it back really really slow. This will ensure soreness the next day (and we all love soreness).

Personally, I love super sets also. I like doing heavy weight on one variation and quickly jumping to another variation right afterwards. It gets me really sore.

Creatine is good, but use it wisely. Take a cycle of it, then stop for several months, then do another cycle if you want. Don't go overboard on it because it can be really dangerous.

That is how I work out and I have increased drammatically in everything with this style.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by maosrdbf
RUNNING.

Yes that is it.

RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN.

Depends on what cycle. Are you bulking or cutting? Running isn't the only way to get abs you desperate kid.

I don't care what Diesel says, although alot of the stuff he says is true, only running will get you defined abs. It is the absolute best way to burn fat.
It is one of the ways, not the ONLY way.
Also, don't do heavy weight when doing ab workouts. Go very light and high in reps.
That is just pure bs. It depends on what branch of weightlifting you are doing, but since this is bodybuilding, just read DIESEL's guide. Jeez why must people defy DIESEL's word when it's set out there like it's on stone?

Also, you don't really have to worry too much about eating if you want to get bigger. The idea is to build muscle mass, not mass from fat. Eat healthy foods like salmon, tuna, chicken, etc. Proteins are good. Protein supplements are probably for the most part, not too good. Once you stop working out, all that protein from the supplements just turn into fat, so it screws you over in the long run.
WTF!? Stop offering advice, you cannot turn fat into muscle nor muscle into fat you n00b. You are right about eating healthy foods but you are wrong about protein supplements! Protein supplements are good, only if low in fat and not all sugar! If it was what I said, then it's excellent. It's also excellent for those on budget. It will NOT screw you, so screw you buddy.
Basically, to gain mass, just do heavy weight. Do sets with 5 reps because doing more than that, you just get tired and lose proper form. Do like 3 sets of each variation. The last set should be the set where you aren't able to complete 5. When you finally can complete 5, go up 5 or 10 pounds (depending on what you're doing). This will steadily increase your strength and you will just see the results later.
You just said "don't do heavy weight", now you are saying "do heavy weight", get the **** out.
Do sets of 5 reps? Do you know what that means? What you just said is 1 set of 5 reps. I hope you understand that's too little for an entire day of workout.
Stop being vague. "do 5 reps of set, now do 3 sets of each variation, etcetc"

Guys, do not follow this kid's advice.
Try focusing on increasing strength rather than how defined you're getting. The definition will seriously come out and you will wonder when it happened.
Huh? Wrong!
Notice, many powerlifters are strong but some aren't as cut or defined as you say.
Oh, and most importantly; DROP SETS/SUPER SETS!!
It's kind of obvious, isn't it guys?
Think about it. You are doing really heavy weight and on the last set you completely wear out your muscle and can hardly push that last rep up. What should you do next? Tear the muscle even more! Do a drop set.
If you can't do anymore, DON'T DO ANYMORE. Someone ban this kid. He is talking about going to failure. Apparently he doesn't even know what failure is.
Cut the weight in half and do as many as you possibly can. Push out the weight fast, but bring it back really really slow. This will ensure soreness the next day (and we all love soreness).
No, not all of us love soreness. Soreness does not equate to good workout.
Personally, I love super sets also. I like doing heavy weight on one variation and quickly jumping to another variation right afterwards. It gets me really sore.
Good for you.
Creatine is good, but use it wisely. Take a cycle of it, then stop for several months, then do another cycle if you want. Don't go overboard on it because it can be really dangerous.
Can be dangerous? I have been on creatine for years, no harm done. In fact, I have gotten so strong I could now officially compete in NHB if I could.
That is how I work out and I have increased drammatically in everything with this style.
Well you're working out wrong.

Leykis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure Run, but you also better be lifting heavy in order to retain as much muscle as possible. You will lose some muscle in this process. Also you forgot to mention a little thing called diet. If your abs dont show its because there is a layer of fat covering them. The only way to lose this fat is to have a negative calorie balance over time. Will will lose both fat and muscle. Supplements especially whey protien, creatine, and glutamine will help you retain muscle during a cutting (i.e fat burning) cycle. So they are not BS. You could get by without them but it is cheaper and eaiser to either cut or bulk if you use supplements. Running insures a negative calorie balance and boots your metabolism. Thats about it.

Bottom line, Diesel is right. You are wrong.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol, just read, BAN HIM.

He thinks creatine is bad for you, hahaha.:p :D

maosrdbf

Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh ignorant kid...

Ask any doctor. No, not some trainer or nutrionist trying to sell a product, but a real doctor and he will tell you not to take creatine. Go do some reading on that.

Anyway, I don't care if you agree with what I said or not buddy. I spoke based on experience. This is my personal experience and basically everybody else that goes to my gym.

Also, you can disagree with what I say, but you don't have to be a jackass about it. How old are you, 5?

I said light weight for abs by the way. And for gaining mass I said heavy weight. Maybe you should learn how to read?

Anyway, none of the stuff I said is false considering the fact that I've witnessed them true. Can you prove me wrong?

maosrdbf

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soshyopathe
Run to get big? Who is this dildo?
I said run to get defined abs. The most defined people I know run all the time.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh ignorant kid...

Sure, big man.
Ask any doctor. No, not some trainer or nutrionist trying to sell a product, but a real doctor and he will tell you not to take creatine. Go do some reading on that.
Not all trainer or nutritionist (learn to spell "nutritionist" :)) sell product. :p I'm a personal trainer myself. I don't see myself trying to sell anything except help people out.
A real doctor doesn't even advocate weight lifting let alone creatine. Try beating that. :rolleyes:
Anyway, I don't care if you agree with what I said or not buddy. I spoke based on experience. This is my personal experience and basically everybody else that goes to my gym.
Also, you can disagree with what I say, but you don't have to be a jackass about it. How old are you, 5?
If I stop being a jackass, you stop giving advice. :) Deal?
I'm not 5. I'm a lot older. :D :p
I said light weight for abs by the way. And for gaining mass I said heavy weight. Maybe you should learn how to read?
You got me there, I was skimming.

The rest I'll let people deal with. I'm tired, later.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I said run to get defined abs. The most defined people I know run all the time.
No no, your post was vague, nobody understands it.

maosrdbf

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Saine
Sure, big man.

Not all trainer or nutritionist (learn to spell "nutritionist" :)) sell product. :p I'm a personal trainer myself. I don't see myself trying to sell anything except help people out.
A real doctor doesn't even advocate weight lifting let alone creatine. Try beating that. :rolleyes:

If I stop being a jackass, you stop giving advice. :) Deal?
I'm not 5. I'm a lot older. :D :p
You got me there, I was skimming.

The rest I'll let people deal with. I'm tired, later. [/B]
I was typing quickly, I know how to spell NUTRITIONIST and I said find one that doesn't try to sell a product, I didn't say that all are. Personal Trainers are not actually qualified like a doctor. I heard you can take some test online pass it, and then become a personal trainer. A doctor knows the human body, its functions, its chemicals, the chemicals it needs, etc. I think a doctor would know if creatine is dangerous or not considering its his job.

Like I said before, prove me wrong and I'll stop giving advice, but from what I have seen, whatever I said worked. I'm not shooting down other ideas, I was just putting up mine. I didn't say Diesel was wrong, I said I disagreed.

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK let's stop this flame war right now. Let's all face it you're all wrong and I am right! :)

Running will lower your body fat so your abs are more prominent. But so will swimming, rowing, playing basketball, and doing any cardio machine in the gym. I think that's what he was trying to say but just didn't say it right.

In order to build your abs you have to excersize them (they are muscles). You have to stress them just like any other muscle in order to acheive the beloved "6 pack" or if you're really anal, the "8 pack".

Creatine is fine for you. It's never been proven otherwise. Taking months and months off is riduculous. I like doing 8 weeks on, 4 weeks off. As long as you drink a lot of water with it you will be fine.

Hmm... what else can I pick apart here.. Oh yeah. EATING.

Man you are a cracker from outerspace if you think eating has nothing to do with muscle mass. It has everything to do with it. If you don't eat, YOU WILL NOT GET BIGGER. You might get toned with what you already have but you must eat in excess of your maint. calories in order to gain additional muscle mass, enough said.

I like to train in sets of 8-6-4 reps... stacking more weight on each time until you've reached your 4-rep maximum. It's how I became the sexy stud I am today, so I stick with it.

I'm out

- Industry

***** What's with all the "Discussion Forum" dudes coming in here and thinking they are tough sh1t? *****************

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dunno but it's funny.
I was still not wrong. So points proven.

naluholo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Saine, correct me if I spell this incorrectly: A-N-A-L R-E-T-E-N-T-I-V-E.

He's been here about 8 months longer than you have, you "n00b." Odds are you're blowing smoke out your ass at people twice your age in here. Grow up.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by naluholo
Saine, correct me if I spell this incorrectly: A-N-A-L R-E-T-E-N-T-I-V-E.

He's been here about 8 months longer than you have, you "n00b." Odds are you're blowing smoke out your ass at people twice your age in here. Grow up.
I called him a n00b pertaining the knowledge of gaining mass and abs. Not who stayed longer or who have higher post. So tell me if I spelled this correctly Y-O-U-V-A-G-I-N-A. :)

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are many ways to burn fat. Running isn't the "best" way.

Protein supplements are probably for the most part, not too good. Once you stop working out, all that protein from the supplements just turn into fat, so it screws you over in the long run.
That's hilarious!

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Considering the abs (rectus) are largely comprised of fast twitch, explosive muscle fibres, would you care to explain the rationale behind high reps?

Running? You'll lose a whole load of muscle.

Essentially protein is protein so how can you differentiate in such a way based on the source of the protein?

Most doctors know nothing about human performance and training. Those who do apply their medical training to this field CAN be a fountain of knowledge. My training partner for instance. Oh, and he takes creatine by the way.

I swear, some of the stuff on this board lately is in the Twilight Zone.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Templeton
Considering the abs (rectus) are largely comprised of fast twitch, explosive muscle fibres, would you care to explain the rationale behind high reps?

Running? You'll lose a whole load of muscle.

Essentially protein is protein so how can you differentiate in such a way based on the source of the protein?

Most doctors know nothing about human performance and training. Those who do apply their medical training to this field CAN be a fountain of knowledge. My training partner for instance. Oh, and he takes creatine by the way.
Lol, exactly my words.

Reaction score
creatine

instead of gettin your creatine from powders in cans why don't you just continue getting it the natural way like the cave man for centuries. Good Lean BEEF! Beef up with nature's best. Whole foods. Good lean meats, poultry, fish, eggs, veggies, fruits and nuts. Fresh and whole. Not preserved or fried in saturated fats or trans fats. If fried, then in good fats like olive oil. And fruits and veggies best raw or slightly steamed to retain the most of their vitamins, minerals and nutrients.

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You would have to eat a hell of a lot of beef and it would be far more expensive than using supplemental creatine.