Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ugh... frustrating conversation.

sp1024

Don Juan
Reaction score
So today after school I was going home on the bus with the girl I've liked for most of this year. I had thought that we were getting to know each other, and, you know, I might be able to get up the courage to ask her out in a little bit. I've read the "Don Juan Bible" or whatever it's called, I like the part about assuming the sale, I can see that working, I had it figured out, more or less.

But today she basically talks the entire time about my friend, who's in her English class now, and how she likes him, etc., etc. So you can imagine this was a conversation that I was just thrilled to have.

Anyway, I don't even know anymore. Does this pretty much guarantee, as David DeAngelo said, that I'm just a "nice guy," or "relegated to friend status forever"? I was starting to feel like an "emotional tampon" today. So do me and this girl have any chance at all? I mean, we know each other to some degree, but obviously if she's talking about the guy she likes to me, then she pretty much thinks as me just as a friend and doesn't think there's ever a possibility of that changing...

Ugh... I could go on and on and complain...

She did say that she's never actually talked to him and probably never will, but just "likes to look at him," which didn't make me feel much better.

So basically, do I have any chance of this girl going out with me? Yeah, I know I should think about it in terms of "me being the prize," etc., but come on, if she's talking about having a crush on my friend to me then that can't possibly be a good sign.

Last edited:

Distant Light

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes you are one of her fav friends!!:crackup:

Don't try to get with her unless you really want to try and pull out some tight game.

j8snx1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol yeah you seem like her emotional tampon alright. I'd recommend you either change subjects or just tell her that she should be talking about that with her little girlfriends in the bathroom in front of the mirror or something. If you don't want to hear that nonsense from her, why not make it happen?

sp1024

Don Juan
Reaction score
So on one hand, this girl has crushes on all sorts of different guys (she complains about it on her Myspace), so I could just go on with whatever I was trying to do before, as her crush on my friend's never going to amount to anything really, it's only relevant that she was talking to me about it, trying to get me to get him to join Myspace so she could add him... um, yeah, don't think I'm doing that. (I'm not saying this is a good choice, just listing it as a possible one.)

Or I could just accept that we're never going to be anything more than friends... and I don't know if we'd really be that good friends, since we don't even have all that much in common.

Anyway, regardless it's really her loss.

sp1024

Don Juan
Reaction score
from another post:

the friend zone is not a permanent situation.

You can easily exist it, just as quickly as you entered it.

It's not a big deal. You are analyzing the wrong area. Just go in there, and act as if she is just a casual friend.

It's all in your head. If you believe you can't get out the friend's zone, you won't. Simple as that. Your behavior exudes your mentality, so you truly have to change it.
So yeah, I am capable of making a decision. I'll figure something out.

sp1024

Don Juan
Reaction score
So, yesterday this seemed really crappy, but thinking about it all now, it doesn't seem so bad. This girl and I really don't need to be any more than just friends. It probably wouldn't have worked anyway, although I'd like to think that it would have.

So yeah, it's not worth getting hung up over.

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should of got up and walked away the moment she talked about not getting any from her gay boyfriend.

sp1024

Don Juan
Reaction score
So yeah, yesterday I just decided that this girl wasn't worth a minute more of my time. I finally realized that she had absolutely nothing going for her other than the fact that she knows I exist.

Plus, I'm realizing that she's ****ing stupid as hell and she died her hair black, so it looks really ugly.

Like I said, a girl this ****ing annoying isn't worth any more of my time.

NEXT.

Reaction score
Originally posted by sp1024
So today after school I was going home on the bus with the girl I've liked for most of this year. I had thought that we were getting to know each other, and, you know, I might be able to get up the courage to ask her out in a little bit. I've read the "Don Juan Bible" or whatever it's called, I like the part about assuming the sale, I can see that working, I had it figured out, more or less.

But today she basically talks the entire time about my friend, who's in her English class now, and how she likes him, etc., etc. So you can imagine this was a conversation that I was just thrilled to have.

Anyway, I don't even know anymore. Does this pretty much guarantee, as David DeAngelo said, that I'm just a "nice guy," or "relegated to friend status forever"? I was starting to feel like an "emotional tampon" today. So do me and this girl have any chance at all? I mean, we know each other to some degree, but obviously if she's talking about the guy she likes to me, then she pretty much thinks as me just as a friend and doesn't think there's ever a possibility of that changing...

Ugh... I could go on and on and complain...

She did say that she's never actually talked to him and probably never will, but just "likes to look at him," which didn't make me feel much better.

So basically, do I have any chance of this girl going out with me? Yeah, I know I should think about it in terms of "me being the prize," etc., but come on, if she's talking about having a crush on my friend to me then that can't possibly be a good sign.
Oh this reminds of the good old days when I thought being her
close friend would get me laid. Well now I know that when a girl talks about another guy I'll just say why don't you ask him out? since he's SO PERFECT and HOT. They'll evenutally drop the subject but it's always useful to find out what makes her attracted to him. Sometimes when I'm bored and I don't feel like listening to them talk about guys I'll start making fun of them and change the topic.

sp1024

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, but to be positive, this was really the first girl I've liked who actually knew I existed. So it got further than the staring-at-girl-in-class-all-year stage.

At least spending ridiculous amounts of time thinking about this girl got me to this website (and others like it), so next time I'll know what I'm doing, or at least know what I'm doing more than I used to.

08aisaac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sp1024
So yeah, yesterday I just decided that this girl wasn't worth a minute more of my time. I finally realized that she had absolutely nothing going for her other than the fact that she knows I exist.

Plus, I'm realizing that she's ****ing stupid as hell and she died her hair black, so it looks really ugly.

Like I said, a girl this ****ing annoying isn't worth any more of my time.

NEXT.
DO you really think she's annoying? Or are you just saying that to rationalize why you aren't dating her. Not meaning to bash, or anything.

Oh, and I love chicks with black hair. Even dyed, it's a personal preference. But maybe she made it look bad.

But, you have to be totally honest with yourself if you are to ever get anywhere with anyone.