Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

UFOs and USOs and Triangles freaking me out.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, you lost me at "rapture".

You are not in a sect are you?

Reaction score
splinterkb said:
And its kind of ignorant to assume that theres no other planet in the universe that can support a life form like us.

Oh I've always believed that another world with intelligent creatures existed..in fact creatures like the alien from alienvrspredetor may be out there...:nervous:

I'd like to visit another world with inteligent creatures.. Maybe they are more civilized, maybe gas prices aren't the talk of the town, maybe loneliness does not exsist, maybe hatred,suicide, and discrimination are not in the vocabulary.

I wouldn't mind visiting another world... maybe this one can learn.

Reaction score
It drives me nuts thinking of what is out there.... Sometimes when I walk at night from my dads back to my place on the road.... I look up at the stars, and just say..."wow"

It's just wierd.... I mean.... what is life and Earth, and space, universe...
How did it come about?... why are we here?.... Where did all of this come from, and if it was created, who the hell created the creators?, and who the hell created them?...

Sometimes I think to myself... all the termoil humans put themselves through, trying to please the boss, getting the latest cars, and making money.......pffftt for what?..... There is so much more to life than money or kissing someones ass.

I use this method to sooth myself when I get down...however sometimes I think that love and having a soul mate helps define this world, and it's a way to share and understand, why we exsist.

Reaction score
Centaurion said:
Dude, you lost me at "rapture".

You are not in a sect are you?
The Rapture is a non-fundamental doctrine dealing with a Pre-Millenialist interpretation of Bible prophecy.

Basically, in a nut-shell, children and born-again Christians will vanish within less than a second, and millions of people around the world are not going to be accounted for and will likely send the world into temporary anarchy.

Then a 7 year Tribulation period is supposed to start which culmunates to the Battle of Armageddon.

Reaction score
Purple-Haze said:
This reminds of the time I called 911 a long time ago...

I was standing on our balcony with my little brother and parents staring out at the sky. All of a sudden, I saw lights in the sky (circular objects that kept moving to and fro). I immediately concluded that it was a UFO (I told my brother as much).

So I crept back inside and unbeknownst to my parents, I dialed 911 and told them about the "strange" lights.

The operator was kind and promptly informed my ignorant child-mind that "those lights are probably coming from a nearby car dealership, dear." Right. Car dealership. I forgot.

I still think they exist. She didn't know what she was talking about! :nervous:
So you have seen a siting that seems to be what people have been reported seeing in the latest Stephenville sighting in texas in January 2008. But this post sounds like you saw this quite a while ago.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Apparently one of the preconditions for The Rapture (an idea first propagated in the 19th century, so unclear was The Bible on this Day Of Judgment deal for the previous 1800 years) is that there must be peace in Israel.

So I guess we'll all be safe for another couple of centuries.

Reaction score
fuzzx said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdMO-yRHzPg

This seems pretty plausible and sounds like the story to the game battlezone.

Hanebu and Vril, I want one... can't be that expensive to make if they came out around the 40's. Now I know what the hell I saw in Toluca and it was nothing like these things.... Mine was trippy neon wave lights and wierdness. I suppose if they fly saucers like they drive cars... that would be pretty much spot on... eratic jumping back and forth, broken down versions of the US models with subwoofers strapped to the back pumping out Banda music. Maybe thats how they're getting over the border.
EXCELLENT lead -- UFOs are top secret military devices made from the Germans, and potentially our own governments....sucking this all in.

Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
Apparently one of the preconditions for The Rapture (an idea first propagated in the 19th century, so unclear was The Bible on this Day Of Judgment deal for the previous 1800 years) is that there must be peace in Israel.

So I guess we'll all be safe for another couple of centuries.
Actually, based on the book of Daniel 9, the Anti-Christ sets up a Peace Treaty with Israel and is the person who brings peace to the Middle East. 3.5 years into this peace treaty, the Anti-Christ starts showing his true colours and his peace facade changes to hellish tyrany as he sets up an idol of himself (statue) inside the rebuilt Jewish Temple and the false prophet puts it to life so it can speak and people have to worship it and received the mark 666 or be beheaded. (Rev 13/Dan 9)

Thus, peace is not a pre-requisite, in fact conflict is, and we have that now.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
The Rapture is a non-fundamental doctrine dealing with a Pre-Millenialist interpretation of Bible prophecy.

Basically, in a nut-shell, children and born-again Christians will vanish within less than a second, and millions of people around the world are not going to be accounted for and will likely send the world into temporary anarchy.

Then a 7 year Tribulation period is supposed to start which culmunates to the Battle of Armageddon.
Yes, I know what the Rapture is. It is a fundamental doctrine. What boggles my mind is 1) people actually believe in the Rapture, 2) they (Christian fundamentalist)have managed to pinpoint the place where the "last battle" is going to take place and 3) they actually believe that the Anti-Christ was born in the generation before us and that he is living among us now.

Reaction score
Centaurion said:
Yes, I know what the Rapture is. It is a fundamental doctrine. What boggles my mind is 1) people actually believe in the Rapture, 2) they (Christian fundamentalist)have managed to pinpoint the place where the "last battle" is going to take place and 3) they actually believe that the Anti-Christ was born in the generation before us and that he is living among us now.
No it's not because:

1) Different christian churches have different perspectives about what constitutes the end time.

2) The fundamental doctrine is that Jesus is God come into the flesh, He died and rose from the dead for your sins, and you need to receive Jesus in order to be saved from your default eternal desination, which is hell, and the only shot you have is in this life.

Any other doctrine, protestant churches have varied denominations and view points.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is some debate that hell might not be eternal, but yeah, that is pretty much the fundamental doctrine of Christianity. I am on your side in that debate Luke, as difficult as it is. But did it ever occur to you that by believing in every nutball conspiracy theory that you are not making yourself such a great example? Also, even if there are undersea boogeymen flying around to kidnap and anal probe you, if your faith in what happens after you die is so strong, then why should you care?

Luke, you seem scared of everything: women, your mother, moving out, STDs, motorcycles, risk-taking in general, now aliens. This may be the root of your problems with women. Fear is not attractive to women. Stop being scared of everything. Do what it takes. I have suggested crazy, risk taking behavior of some sort. I like martial arts and motorcycles, but you have to find what appeals to you. Whatever it takes, you have to get over your fear of living. I think that is the source of your problems.

StevenR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, UFO's are a serious problem for pilots these days. The aliens have refused to abide by their end of the treaty, which states they can abduct humans out of their bedrooms and anal probe them at will as long as they obtain a standard FAA airworthiness certificate with an altitude encoding transponder. This is so ATC is able to track them and provide collision avoidance with other air traffic. They grays are starting to comply but the reptilians are still flying around out there without transponders. As a result, there are places on aeronautical charts called UFOOA's, or UFO operations areas that are to be avoided at all costs. However, you have to be at least a private pilot to be privy to this information, then the government will send you the special chart showing you were these areas are so you can avoid flying into them. If you are just a student pilot you will never see these charts, and on student pilot charts they will just be labled as restricted areas and the FAA will make up some lame BS excuse like the military is testing SAM's in those areas or something.

Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
But did it ever occur to you that by believing in every nutball conspiracy theory that you are not making yourself such a great example? Also, even if there are undersea boogeymen flying around to kidnap and anal probe you, if your faith in what happens after you die is so strong, then why should you care?
I like feeding my mind on wierd x-files stuff for entertainment. Pseudoscience and the UFO paranormal bend appear to be some 'reality science fiction', and if you have some Bible verses supporting a few things....even better.

I didn't say I'm not flying aircrafts or whatnot again because of UFO fears. However, I do not like looking at greys because they look like demons and their eyes have a penetrating stare that sends shivers down my spine and raises my goose-bumps as though their very picture is trying to invade and probe into my mind...I remember seeing one in grade school, and it felt my soul was coming out of my body or being 'snatched' out of my body, and I still get that feeling when I see a grey picture. That is the only element of fear that exists. If I see a grey face I'd put my hand over my face, even if it's a cartoon representation. If I see a humanoid, or hybrid that resembles a grey that also freaks me out. I don't know what other people think of greys, but perhaps I need help there.

But, on another note, if you spend 7-8 hours looking at UFO documentaries in one day out of sheer interest, your mind is going to be bombarded with junk, and given the eerie nature of this where 'it could be true', etc.... plays with your head if you are too curious and intrested into this stuff.

Bible_belt said:
Luke, you seem scared of everything: women, your mother, moving out, STDs, motorcycles, risk-taking in general, now aliens.
I'm not afraid of my mom or moving out of here. In terms of women, I'm working on some 'kinks' here and there. Not interested in STDs or motorcycles. Risk-taking -- has to be necessary. Greys - seem to be something that makes me feel wierd...but I don't think I want to look at pictures of them to desensitize myself of them, because I'm worried I might lose my mind or something and think's a demon face on those pictures. Even if a pictoral or diagrammic representation of a grey is a basis of a phobia I have acquired, I still don't see the necessity of deliberate desensitization....my mom's also a born-again Christian and I"m sure she'll freak out if she sees a grey.

Bible_belt said:
This may be the root of your problems with women. Fear is not attractive to women. Stop being scared of everything. Do what it takes. I have suggested crazy, risk taking behavior of some sort. I like martial arts and motorcycles, but you have to find what appeals to you. Whatever it takes, you have to get over your fear of living. I think that is the source of your problems.
Sure, well martial arts and motorcycles do not appeal to me. I've flown a small aircraft with a flying instructor beside me, and my parents wouldn't go in a Cesna plane, and soon I'll be learning spins (aerodynamic stunts where the plane goes in a spiral going downwards where you have to recover the plane before it crashes into the grown). Heck I almost crahsed into the CN tower. Sure, I felt some fear in the plane since I'm not used to a shakey little craft 3000 feet in the air, but hey, a bit of fear is ok I guess, wont want to risk going to close to them towers next time.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women will go for the pilot thing. Any risky behavior is attractive in a man.

Go put in your time and money, and you can become an instructor yourself. Then you can bone all your female students.

Seriously, though, if being a pilot is your passion, then follow that. You don't seem to care much about real estate or anything else. Do what you enjoy - then you become a fun guy with direction in life, then women will want you.

StevenR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Go put in your time and money, and you can become an instructor yourself. Then you can bone all your female students.
when I was an instructor I maybe had two female students ever, one had a boyfriend and the other was fat and I wasn't attracted to her, and a third one was single but she was about 15 years older than me at the time. Not many female aviation students, at least not on the west coast.
Sorry to be negative, but I didn't find that being a pilot, even a commercial pilot and flight instructor, made me any more attractive to women then I otherwise was(which wasn't very). In fact when I tried this angle in college and offered to take them up flying, a few of them did, but my oneitis at the time was too afraid to go up in a small plane alone with me, which really frustrated me. I tried everything I could think of for the entire school year to impress her , turns out she was never attracted to me at all and was banging some taller dude.

As a side note I didn't get my pilots license just to get chicks, I always loved airplanes and aviation since I was a child. And seriously Luke, being afraid of flying because of aliens, that is just silly. I have thousands of hours in airplanes, day and night, even ferried a few across the ocean, I have been over the Bermuda triangle at night in fact. I am sure your instructor by now has taught you how important it is to constantly be scanning the sky for other aircraft so as to avoid hitting them, until it becomes second nature. Thousands of hours of doing this and I have never seen anything out of the ordinary up there. That is not to say that for sure they don't exist. I don't believe in the conspiracy theories or that aliens are abducting people our of their bedrooms, but it is still in the realm of possibility that we have been visited at one time.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I normally never ressurect dead discussions, but here I mark an exception.
fuzzx said:
For those who don't know, the Phoenix Lights was a series of two events which happened in 1997 over the night skies of Arizona. Many people saw an "unexplainable" "V" formation hovering over the sky which "couldn't have possibly been flares," flares of which were the official explanation. Former Arizona governor Fife Symington, of all people, jumped on the bandwagon and insisted on UFOs. Well, guess what. It was flares.

The Phoenix Lights Explained (Again) (click)

It's demonstrative of how eyewitness accounts are unreliable (accuracy decreases as confidence increases, and exaggerates as times progresses); how "unexplainable" claims—a decade ex post facto—are viably explained; how viable explanations are ignored; and how any claims of judging the true size, speed, or altitude of any object in the sky are virtually guaranteed wrong (a serious nail in the coffin against UFO accounts).

Bona appetite!

Reaction score
Tinfoil hat should do the trick.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If UFOs were extraterrestrial, that would mean life arose naturally and we won't have to worry about the rapture or any of that religious stuff. Because that would prove the Bible wrong.

Since it hasn't been proven that life can arise naturally, the best thing to assume is that these UFOs are demonic apparitions, or experimental aircraft.

Deadly_Assassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in New Zealand. Our airforce is next to non-existant. We have a couple of C-130s transports, Orions, and a 767.

Now, one time I was out in the country, sitting in some hot pools with some mates. It was a clear night sky. I saw four white lights, in a diamond shape formation, whizzing past in the sky at extreme high speed. Now, the lights were low on the horizon. There was absolutely no noise. If it was an aircraft flying faster than the speed of sound, a 'sound boom' would have followed.

Could it be insects? I am trying to find insects in the encyclopedia that glow at night and fly in formation. Nothing yet.

Also, if you guys read the first chapter of Ezekiel in the bible, it talks about a detailed description of an UFO. http://ufo.whipnet.org/creation/ufo.bible/ezekiel.html

Also, someone said that person on whom the 'Exorcism of Emily Rose' is based upon was probably someone who was doing it for attention. You might want to look up Anneliese Michels. She was actually pretty before she supposedly got posessed by demons.