Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

UFC 81 Brock Lesnar Vs. Frank Mir TONIGHT!!

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who do you guys think will win?

Frank has the experience although he sucks and isn't a top 10 competitor imo, Brock is just a beginner but is very powerful and strong and is a great wrestler (real wrestling). I know there are going to be a lot of WWE members in the crowd tonight wanting to watch Brock, so it'll be interesting to see what happens...I'm rooting for Brock to win, but would I bet on it?? HmMm....

Damocles

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lesnar's gonna tank in the second round.

Frank Mir will win by submission.

Unless Lesnar can knock his ass out early... which could be possible. That man's a 260 lb monster.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know...im not impressed by Mir's abilities at all, but again im kinda iffy about Brock being a beginner. I guess we'll see in about 30 min.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I bet 40 to win 50 on Mir based on a tip from an expert UFC capper. I dont know anything about either guy, except that Brock is nailing Sable.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think MIR will win.

lesnar is big, but the guy is slow. my money says MIR leg kicks him a dozen times so that Lesnar can barely move, then knocks him out with a shot to the jaw.

mma is so difficult, because being big just ain't enough. if you don't have the full package you will get destroyed.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sweet i called it. lesnar loses. although not by a knock out punch.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a boxer and boxing fan, I can tell you Lesnar's punches are dreadful. I watched the preview shows. No snap at all, entirely arm punches with no hip rotation, like he's pushing the target not smashing through. Reminds me of Tommy Speer's awkward and crappy punches.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah Lesnar needs a lot of work...but someday he can be something special once hes molded into an all around fighter. He's strong and was all over Mir, i knew that if Mir would win it'll be because Brock would slip into submission, but Brock was obviously stronger than Mir.

armadon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah it was a good card tonight. i'm glad big Tim finally got taken down and subnmitted. i give Tim credit though, at least he came out fighting for once instead of his usual garbage as of late.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The fight business is about selling tickets and ppv. Brock sells tickets, poor punching and bad jiu-jitsu aside, thus the $250,000 paycheck he got for a 90 second performance. By contrast, Keith Jardin got paid $14,000 to beat Chuck Liddell, who got paid $500,000 to lose that fight.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lesnar is **** strong but came in totally unprepared for that fight. I think they did a terrible job of preparing him. He needs to train with someone like Randy Coutoure or tito ortiz. I think he has what it takes to be a top ten fighter. When he was on top of mir he should have been more relaxed. Flatten him out and slowly grounded and pounded him.

You could see that he was fighting nervous and did not have a clue how to pass the guard. How about all those guillotine submissions tonight. Brazilian jiu-jitsu rules.:rockon:

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn;t know jardine only got paid 14,000 for that fight, thats pathetic...
Just watched the fights tonight at a local sports bar, both of the guys I was wanting to win in the last two events got their victory. Sick kneebar by Mir, I thought he was going to get GnP'd to death. for a minute but was rooting for him the whole time. The sylvia-nog fight had me on the edge of my seat too, and how about david boetsch throwing heath's lifeless body into the cage after softening him up? ouch!

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was stupid for Lesnar to take this fight against an absolute pro when he's only had one other MMA fight to his record.

Pretty humiliating loss but if Brock trains harder mentally and physically to eliminate the rookie mistakes he can make a comeback and do something impressive eventually in UFC.

Tyron

Don Juan
Reaction score
It was good match up imo for Lesnar. If you lose, you lose to a former champion. If you win, the win would have been a huge lift. I think Lesnar will be a good fighter when he learns to defend.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd like to see Lesnar learn from his loss and come back in a few years with more skills and start kicking some butt he really is a good guy.

LoneSilver

The Kidd

Don Juan
Reaction score
lookyoung said:
Lesnar is **** strong but came in totally unprepared for that fight. I think they did a terrible job of preparing him. He needs to train with someone like Randy Coutoure or tito ortiz. I think he has what it takes to be a top ten fighter. When he was on top of mir he should have been more relaxed. Flatten him out and slowly grounded and pounded him.

You could see that he was fighting nervous and did not have a clue how to pass the guard. How about all those guillotine submissions tonight. Brazilian jiu-jitsu rules.:rockon:
i thought royce gracie was training brock lesnar

i dunno maybe im wrong

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Kidd said:
i thought royce gracie was training brock lesnar

i dunno maybe im wrong

Nope, Brock was with miletich which is why he sucked. He could have pushed on Mir's butt to get out of the the submission instead of tapping but that is due to inexperience.

The Boetsch fight was the ****. Here is a highlight

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
By contrast, Keith Jardin got paid $14,000 to beat Chuck Liddell, who got paid $500,000 to lose that fight.
Any proof of this?