Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your predictions gentlemen

Side Q: I'm also interested to hear what non-British people think of Tyson Fury. Or his Mancunian accent that Brits are familiar with but I guess the rest of the world isn't, always makes me laugh during trash talks with Americans. He's also a Traveller by ethnicity, again, most Brits would be familiar with this

cheyne

Banned
Reaction score
Can't wait. Fight happens on my Birthday!

I'm a Brit and obviously want Fury to win, but I can see him getting knocked out, tbh

There's a few ways i'm looking at it, though

In Fury's favour, you could argue that for the 1st fight, he'd been out of the ring for so long with lots of ring rust and having lost like 6.5 stone in weight after ballooning up due to depression/non-activity/alcohoolism etc. A few nonsense fights after a long lay off and then steps straight into the ring against the most dangerous fighter there is, and generally schools him. (most say he won). He's had more time to prepare now. He should be a lot better which suggests he really should win

Against Fury though, I kind of think as good as he is, he came super close to getting clipped by big shots a few times, and i'm not sure if he'll be able to dodge so many punches like he did the first time. He's got brilliant defense and if you re-watch the fight, he displayed some amazing slipping where huge punches were missing him by a few cm's, and I can't help but think there might have been a little luck too, and that he was fortunate that he so narrowly avoided them. Also, was getting up like he did a freak one off?! And the fact that he's looking to trade with Wilder.

I don't know. I guess even though Fury isn't the biggest puncher, he's still a 6ft 8, 250lb elite professional fighter who could obviously KO Wilder if he catches him right. But then wilder can knock you out with a glancing shot!

I'm hoping it'll be as good of a fight as I hope it'll be

So, I slightly favour Wilder, but hope i'm wrong. And i'm not confident enough either way to put a bet on, tbh

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't wait. Fight happens on my Birthday!

I'm a Brit and obviously want Fury to win, but I can see him getting knocked out, tbh

There's a few ways i'm looking at it, though

In Fury's favour, you could argue that for the 1st fight, he'd been out of the ring for so long with lots of ring rust and having lost like 6.5 stone in weight after ballooning up due to depression/non-activity/alcohoolism etc. A few nonsense fights after a long lay off and then steps straight into the ring against the most dangerous fighter there is, and generally schools him. (most say he won). He's had more time to prepare now. He should be a lot better which suggests he really should win

Against Fury though, I kind of think as good as he is, he came super close to getting clipped by big shots a few times, and i'm not sure if he'll be able to dodge so many punches like he did the first time. He's got brilliant defense and if you re-watch the fight, he displayed some amazing slipping where huge punches were missing him by a few cm's, and I can't help but think there might have been a little luck too, and that he was fortunate that he so narrowly avoided them. Also, was getting up like he did a freak one off?! And the fact that he's looking to trade with Wilder.

I don't know. I guess even though Fury isn't the biggest puncher, he's still a 6ft 8, 250lb elite professional fighter who could obviously KO Wilder if he catches him right. But then wilder can knock you out with a glancing shot!

I'm hoping it'll be as good of a fight as I hope it'll be

So, I slightly favour Wilder, but hope i'm wrong. And i'm not confident enough either way to put a bet on, tbh
Fury has changed up a lot things for this fight which raises question marks for me. Maybe don't fix what isn't broken!

But then again Joshua changed & adapted for his rematch and won convincingly

I doubt Wilder will change, we all know he's a one trick pony

So I think the onus is all on Fury to be honest

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm pullin for Fury cause of this https://www.bitchute.com/video/IlNAhf4ejltx/ vid from long ago. Fury talks about the degeneracy of our present day, nothing against Wilder, just pullin for Fury for having the balls to speak his mind, although I bet that he wouldn't be caught saying this kinda stuff today, as the screaming or howling has gotten worse for anyone not being politically correct.

jerrycalahan

Banned
Reaction score
You can't make this sh*t up. Wilder's an idiot and boxing is a totally rigged farce.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From what I saw, Wilder did not adjust his style or game plan at all for fighting as the shorter man. Height/reach is an advantage when at a distance. Everyone knows that, but most people don't know that being the taller man is a big disadvantage when the the other guy is too close. Big long arms get in the way of throwing punches in close.

Maybe it is also in part the way we let fighters hug each other now to stall and get a reset. Close punching skills are thus negated. Mayweather is the master of that skill. Back when boxing had like 3 rules, no hugging was one of them.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I knew Wilder would not change. He's only got one bullet in his locker. But I still expected better

I actually like the guy. I get the feeling he's a nice dude under all the gansta stuff

But Fury is real. No persona. Born and bred gypsy brawler and a man of his word

JayAce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks like part 3 will happen on July 18