"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Two quick questions

UofSMark

New Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
After searching through these forums and articles endlessly, I finally decided to post my questions. I realize the moderators don't like 'newbies' (this is my first post, so I guess I am one) posting repetitive nonsense, but I have failed to find my questions on these forums.

Anyhow, my questions are pretty straight forward:

1.) Correct me if I am wrong. When a girl says "It is cute", or uses the word "cute" to describe something about you, it is her nice way of saying she doesn't like it, usually. Today, I did my hair a little differently because a good friend of mine (who you guys would consider a DJ, I guess) recommended. Anyway, a girl who I have spoken with maybe 3 times in my life said that my hair looked "cute". Wasn't sure to take it as a compliment or not.

2.) A girl who I have gotten to know pretty well over the past 2 months just broke up with her boyfriend of 2 years. I am wondering if I should sympathize with her or just ignore the incident. If I sympathize, will she think I am just trying to take advantage of her vulnerable state?

Anyway, thanks to whoever responds, I greatly appreciate it.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2002
Messages
481
Reaction score
0
Age
39
A girl calling your hair cute isn't a bad thing, it just isn't a great sign of attraction.

Try to stay out of it, if you sympathize, then her thinking you're taking advantage won't be the case, you'll be dropped into the friends zone almost guarenteed. Just avoid conversation about it and you should be in pretty good shape.
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
dont over analyze, it could mean things, it could not mean things, read the bible and then go with your gut instinct. Do what you want to do, not based upon a probablity thyat she might like you as you will never understand exaclty what a girl is thinking about you.

and IMO, in England, cute is a compliment and not an insult. Anyway if it gives you confidence and you like it, wear your hair that way, dont jsut do it because your mate says it is good. Do what you want to do. Hang in there with us and you will get through.
 

UofSMark

New Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Thanks for your responses guys. I took it as a compliment at the time, but I didn't continue the issue with her... I changed the subject almost immediately. Anyway, how about my second question? That one is the one I am more concerned with... Once again, thanks.
 

misunderstood??

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 14, 2001
Messages
1,005
Reaction score
1
Location
Canada
Originally posted by UofSMark
I realize the moderators don't like 'newbies'
Hey hey.. I don't think any moderator has said that. I think what some mods don't like are the repetitive basic questions that could be easily answered by a quick flip through the bible or a fast search on the topic. Then again not alot of people like those posts. Personally I think it's great to see newbies posting, others might not appreciate it but I do because the 'newbies' are the future of the forum and if they get the chance they'll be very productive. I think the forum cleaned up nicely now though and not alot of people complain about the newbies which is great.

Anyways since I wrote all that I should probably answer your questions.

Well with the first question, I don't think it'd be an insult if she hasn't talked to you before really, also when in doubt assume the best:) If you take things like that as compliments you'll be more cheerful and fun then you would be if you took them as insults. You'll exude way more confidence if you take things as compliments as opposed to insults and confidence reels the ladies in like no one's business.

For the second question, continue acting how you have been, no need to run over with your sympathy at first word of her break up. She'll wonder why you all of sudden have lots of interest in her. I'd recommend wait like a week or so after they broke up and then say you heard the news and were sorry to hear it or something and leave it at that. Acknowledge it, don't ignore it (since you said you've known her good prior) but defianetly don't dwell on it.

Oh and don't be shy to post.. it'll make things alot easier on you. Oh your consideration before posting is probably greatly appreciated:) best of luck!
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Garbury

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
On the second girl, don't help her with her break up problems. It will be be the immediate end of any chance you had. There is no such thing as taking advantage of a chick unless shes drunk so don't worry about morality of hitting on a girl. Keep the conversation light when ur around her and be happy, outgoing, smiling. This way she will associate you with happy feeligns when she was feeling down. Keep it brief, keep it light, and keep it fun and you have a chance of securing her after she gets over the other boyfriend which may take a long time.
 
Top