"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Turning rejection into a joke?

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
I've talked with this girl on and off who was in one of my classes last semester. I asked her out for drinks at the start of March, but she said it was too late since it was a weekday. We talked online a few times and last night spent 2.5 hours talking. Yeah, it's AFC to go for that long, but I C&F'ed the whole time anyway. Anyway, the point is, I asked her to come out with me and a few other people on Thursday, but she said she can't because she's leaving early Friday to go to the USA. Fair enough, since I knew previously she was going away, but tried anyway... However, she did say, "I'd love to, but I really, really have to leave early for Boston on Friday, but call me sometime when I get back."

Now, interest level isn't very high, but I'd still like to try with her since I don't like giving up easy and I don't have anything to lose, plus I'm pretty sure with a few more convo's she'll want to get together...

Here's my question, should I start turning her rejections into a C+F type joke? Would that show that I don't really care and maybe intruige her? I was thinking of moking her by saying this in a VERY sarcastic tone: "First it was too late to go out, and then BOSTON, I can't wait to hear what it is this time.", or maybe "I'm going to start a website with your great excuses so everyone can use them!"

Suggestions on this?
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

khanboy

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Maybe it's just me, but that stuff you have in that last paragraph sounds sarcastic and harsh. Almost like you wish to spite her for not having a few drinks with you and your buddies.

Now, she said she'd love to when she got back, so ask her then, lol.

Also, sarge atleast 10 other chicks while she's gone, you'll feel a lot looser the next time you talk to her, which can only help the cause.

Tryin to help,
khanboy
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
I stopped reading after you said "Yeah it's AFC to do this".

You are brainwashed from this site and an absolute dumb ass.
 

khanboy

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Just a little something extra, you may find you're on the right track with regards to turning rejection into a joke.

I still do this, whenever a chick refuses a request, whether it be coffee, dinner, etc., I chuckle while thinking "silly girl, so much for your chance." Not soon after they start asking tons of questions and sending tons of IOIs. Maybe what they need to know is you don't care if they're interested in order to be for them to be interested, lol.

Of course, there are those few exceptions to every rule. =P
 

duke007

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 12, 2003
Messages
765
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Something similar happened to me recently.

I did a couple of assignments last year with a girl who had a loser BF. I could tell she liked me at some stage but then seemed to get subtly jealous when I began flirting with others in the class.

Anyway, less than a month ago after all this time she emails me, asking how I've been and that she needs an urgent favour. She needed me to send her our assignment for a 'job interview'. Couldn't tell if that was an excuse, it did seem pretty stupid IMO, especially since that assignment was also saved on her PC.

So I send the file and casually suggest having a coffee to "see what you've been up to"

No reply. (she obviously read the email for the file)

So a few days later i write:

Such a big favour and not even so much as a thankyou? oh! Typical! :D ;)

so how'd it go? did you charm your way to a job?

a
She writes back quickly saying "blah blah blah sorry that was really helpful of you I've been busy..................coffee sounds great, I'll be working M-F right near the campus."

So in about 3 days I write back suggesting a time to meet up, and that if she was unavailable to let me know what time would suit her.

No reply. I thought 'screw it' and didn't write back.

it's pretty damn rude, for all she knew it could have been just coffee with an old friend. The b1tch used me for my assignment. :)

so anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread but here is an example where i used sarcasm to turn around a rejection but it didn't seem to work.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
2
Location
Moscow
I think your intention of trying to turn this into a joke lies in insecurity about being rejected twice.

Just call her up the next time and ask: "do you wanna get for drinks sometime?"

If not, then drop her.

Cheers
 

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
201
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by LikRetsam
I stopped reading after you said "Yeah it's AFC to do this".

You are brainwashed from this site and an absolute dumb ass.
I agree... there is no set of guidelines as to what a 'DJ' or 'AFC' is. Just because you spoke for 2.5 hours doesn't make you an AFC. Be yourself and you will be a so-called 'DJ'.
 

Dropt03Ranger

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2004
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Houston, Tx
i agree that if you tell her those things you want to she will think you are an ******* most likely...if she rejects you again **** it...move on and find a lady who wont do that crap...too many women in the world to sit BSing with one who has little to no interest
 
Top