Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

turning "old" during extended stay

stallion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anybody ever had problems with running out of things to say, socialize while you're with a set or with a single person for an extended time?

For example, I was on a road trip with 2 friends for a week and we started off with a bang until it slowly turned into a awkward, silent trip at the end where we just had nothing to talk to each other. Basically, all 3 of us were "tired" of each other that all of us were whipping out our cell phone to talk to other friends..

I thought road trips are supposed to "deepen" relationship but I realized that the opposite can happen. If this context is applied to dating with a girl in the long run, I'm really not sure how anybody can carry themselves..

With my other 2 friends on the road trip, I've tried open ended questions, ****y, humor but eventually I ran out of materials to say... One of them is a girl so its a practice but sometimes during the trip, we ended up arguing over trivial stuff that it became unpleasant at a point.

I know some people can pull off the "I want to be around him/her more, and I can't get enough of him/her". Does anybody have any idea?

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Instead of using all the topics you can think of to chat about, go more in depth with them. If the conversation dies, instead of jumping to a new topic, think of someting new to say in reference to the topic you're currently on.

Seeph

Don Juan
Reaction score
It can also be a good test to see how the relationship will turn out.. If you are both comfortable with not "having" to talk all the time, then there is a good chance it can go further b/c you are at ease with one another to just sit there.

Reaction score
The problem is, is that your trying to hard. Your focusing too much on your own shyt instead of getting into her stuff.

You need to focus on getting her entire life story. Everything that has every happened to her is a good starting point that should take hours and hours of convo.

You need to open yourself up to really taking an interest in HER. You need to be like a detective and uncover those facts. By getting her story you also will uncover the keys to manipulating her.

Titus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
God... road trips...!

Only hearing those words gives me goosebumps! The endless road and just traveling... and if you are lucky enough to be in an embrace of a loved one while at it... heaven, pure heaven!

Guess i must have been a train or a bus conductor in one of my past lives :D

Btw, Stallion, how did it go? Where did you go? Give the hungry people here some more to chow on!

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Heh, no one likes to sit talking for a long period of time.

Usually on a road trip you end up seeing or doing funny shtuff that provides laughs and conversation topics. Sometimes just noticing something brings up conversation. Example: you're on the interstate and you've been behind this car for a while that has Ohio tags on it, and you just say something like, "Ohio, huh" and your buddy may come back and start talking abuot how it sucks to live there, then you come back and start talking about something you did there once, and he asks about that, etc etc...

Also DO stuff. Play some of those stupid road games. Rock some music. Stop at rest stops and cause mischief. Sitting talking without doing anything gets old.

Plus sometimes if you've been driving for a while you may WANT to just relax and doze off. The road does wear on you. Don't take it as a personal failing.

Where'd you take your trip to?

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a good road trip partner is basically someone that is like you. even your gf/whatever of a several months is not your best road trip partner because there is still differences (yet some of us rationalize that)