Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Turning 30 Soon...Any Thoughts?

Mike24ct

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Guys...

I'll be turning 30 in about 7 weeks...I was wondering, what is it like to turn 30 and how does it affect your success with younger women, if at all?

1. Were you really depressed about your 20s being over or was it just like another day?

2. Did you find that (low to mid 20s) women that probably would have dated you when you were 29 no longer were interested as soon as they found out you were 30?

I've heard conflicting reports from different people, so any over 30 DJs, I'll love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.

Mike

~~The 29.9871 y/o RAFC Sarger

BigDawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure, I'll throw some thoughts in your direction.

When I turned 30, I was happily married to a HB8/8.5 (who was 7.5 years younger than me). I wasn't bummed out about turning 30, although some of my peers were. My life was pretty much as I wanted it back then. Everything was in its place and I didn't have any major worries. Ahhh, life was good, real freakin' good.

Since then, the HB8/8.5 I was married to turned into the daughter of Satan and I've moved on. Having had my life turned upside down because of that has taken a while to restore to normal, and I'm a lot more jaded as a result.

After my divorce, I was in a LTR with a HB9 who didn't care that I was over 30 (she was in her mid 20s). As for the others I've dated in the meantime, none of them seemed to have an issue with my age, even the one who was about 11 years younger.

But now, in my late 30s, I feel invisible to anyone under 30. But that's just me. Maybe if I had better game that would be different. Usually with the younger ones (under 26), I get the flaky rejection, meaning they say yes at first and then give me some lame excuse later.

So, if there is any lesson learned that I can pass it's this: 1) You're as young as you feel. 2) Yes, the pool of availability gets smaller as you get over 30, but eventually you realize that a lot of the 20-somethings are horribly immature. This is only important if you're looking for a LTR. If you want to be FWB or a ONS, then your age and her intelligence don't really matter.

Happy Birthday, ahead of time.

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well,
You're almost all growen up!!:D

Seriously, in my 30's I got more pv$$y than I had before or since, incuding one 16 year old (I didn't find out about that until years later--she looked older, had a good fake ID and I met her working in a bar--requiredto be 21)!!!

Sooooo, if you aren't hung up on 21 year olds the world of pv$$y is yours. Also, by now you should have a career (not just a job--e. g. no more McDonalds) under way. Be financially stable, and have some idea who you are. Women are going to love you.

It's all in how you think! I had a friend who wanted a girl friend, but she couldn't be over 40. He was 99 at the time!

In the long run, the day before you turn 30 won't feel all that different from the day after!

Now for a couple of clichés:

Inside of every old person is a young one wondering what the he!! happened
AND

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BigDawg

2) Yes, the pool of availability gets smaller as you get over 30, but eventually you realize that a lot of the 20-somethings are horribly immature. This is only important if you're looking for a LTR. If you want to be FWB or a ONS, then your age and her intelligence don't really matter.
Great thought :up:

1. Yes, I got quite depressed right after I turned 30 - so many years have passed.. and did I reached what I wanted to? Not yet.. not quite..certainly not with women...

2. If you use personals, women online pay attention to your age as the most crucial parameter. But in real life they don't care much as soon as you are in a good shape and don't look 40 when you are just 30. But in general I found to be true: since women want everything and a lot immediately, they want you not only be handsome, tall and rich, they want you to be in a good age range. So turning 30 adds one disadvantage.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KILL YOURSELF NOW! IT'S ALL OVER!

dude, the only difference between 29 and 30, is 1.

actually being in the "three's" has advantages. it means you've been there, done that (even though you might not have). a select group of younger chicks are actually LOOKING for a guy in his thirties. i've dated several younger women, awesome ones, who told me they'd never date a man who's UNDER 30.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TooColdUlrick

dude, the only difference between 29 and 30, is 1.
Having a positive mindset of course doesn't hurt anyone.
But surprisingly the math here is not working: the difference is not just 1 between 29 and 30 it is a hell lot more. Lets look at health insurance rate - they just quite alot when you turn 30.
Anyway, for some similar (statistical maybe?) reasons chicks think in a silimar way as health insurance guys think: when you are 29 you are ok to date, when you are 30+ you are... old. Thats it, this is a stupid chicks logic...
It is very clear in personals... you are 30, thats it you are out of her age range. Although from the other hand no dig deal - these type of chicks a very very very immature.

Sure some chicks want somebody older than just 30, but they want older guys for some very specific reasons, which, if one wants to pursue LTR, would be a big turn off for the guys.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you think 30 is old then more than likely you will feel old. If that's the case, why wait seven weeks for it to happen, you might as well accept your fate as you see it.

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The last couple years (I'm actually 31...need to update my profile) have been the best. Though I'm not up to par with a lot of other guys on here, I've had more action and women interested in me now than ever before. Part of it is I've learned a lot over the last few years, am in better shape now than I ever was in my 20's, and looking younger than my age is finally paying off.

Though some women may show reservation about guys over 29, there are an equal number who either don't care, or even find it more appealing. My last girlfriend was 25, and the ones I tend to have the most success with are 23-27. If you're shooting for under that age range, then I don't know. For the most part, mature women 24 or above won't have a problem with it.

There was maybe a week or two that it bothered me, but after that, it was back to normal. Turning 27 was the hardest for me personally.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got back from a 25 mile bike ride. Two guys in my club were almost coughing up bodily organs to keep up with me (on a few stretches we were pushing MPH). At the end of the ride I was feeling great and they were a little worse for wear, but understand something; one was fifty years old and the other was 51!

You don't have to grow old if you don't want to.... ;)

ThinWhiteDuke

Don Juan
Reaction score
I ran an online personal over the weekend and over half of my responses so far have come from 20 something chicitas. Granted, I am one great looking MF 'er :D

STT

Reaction score
Where I live in Europe it is not unusual for guys age 25-35 to date girls age 15-17. Yes, we are legaly allowd to have sex with any girl who is older than 14. A 50 years old man is legaly allowd to fvck a 15 years old girl.
I have noticed the following attitudes of women towards men who are over 30:
1. If the girl is between 14 and 17 then most likely she we will not date anyone over 25. There are exceptions though.
2. Girls between 17 and 19 are a lot more open minded about dating men over 30. It is not unusual in my country for 30+ men to date women who are 17 or 18.
3. Most girls between 19 and 25 has no problems to date men under 40.

With that said, you must realize that you cannot take anything for granted. A 19 years old will only date you if you can give her someting that she can't get from an ordinary 22-25 years old man. Looking youthful helps too.

SeldomSeen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
RE:

I'll be 40 in 1 year and my success is better than it was when I was in my early 20's. Honestly most women dont really care and you know the ones that say "no old guys....if you're 35 or whatever move on..." well I've broken those girls down too. My current off and on GF is 24 and before she met me she said she wouldnt date anyone more than 10 years older than her. Now it helps alot that I look young and I work out 4 times a week but still you have to show younger women that you can still have a good time because they dont want someone that judges them or acts like their guardian. They appreciate a mature man but one that has spirit and a good sense of humor.

My friend Katie is 24 and she's dating a guy that is 47 and this was a girl that would not date but instead run through 24-28 year old guys and dump them in a heartbeat. Now this older man has a hold on her emotionally and she told me she cant explain it. LOL!!

nosexbox

Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently turned 31. I certainly don't FEEL 31, I still go out to clubs, play on my XBOX and so on.

I'm noticing that younger women, especially around 19 to 21, have a special attraction to me now that I'm 31. I think most of them feel I'm more like 25 in attitude, but since I'm 31 they think I have more experience and the such.

It's pretty nice. I'm feeling more attractive to 20 year olds than I did when i was 20, that's for sure.

Dating someone who's 20 when you're 31 does have it's social disadvantages, however. People your age will think you're dating below your station, just looking for sex, immature, whatever. Sometimes this is an advantage (a lot of them are like, damn, she's young and cute, and probably horny).

My current gf is 21. She's all over me, the age is not an issue to her. I don't see her as long term material, she's just fun.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
12 year old kids die of aids and hungry in africa every day. who cares how old you are. you're born, you get what time you get, then you die.

don't waste it and be thankful for what you got.

J

chili kat

Don Juan
Reaction score
The real effects of turning 30 don't happen until you get married or start living like you're married, whatever age that may happen to be.

I know guys in their early 20's that are married and more boring than my parents. The thrill of their day is getting a good nights sleep for once. I know guys that are in their 40's that have lots of friends, very good with the ladies... They're doing alright. They keep a a vibrant social life and remain competitive in something to stay alive.

I think as long as you keep it lively, you'll be alright.