"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Turned around a rejection using indifference

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
4,413
Reaction score
296
Location
UK
Just thought I'd share a recent experience that may prove useful to some of you.

I met this HB8 for a date at the beginning of this month. She oozed sex appeal and I was really hoping to sleep with her sooner or later, but we didn't get on very well during the date. She cut it short and told me she didn't want to see me again.

Cooly and indifferently, I said "You're right. We didn't click". I shook her hand like a mate and wished her the best.

The following day she sent me a text message, which read like she was giving me a second chance and asked me to meet again. I politely reminded her we didn't hit it off and said it was best if we don't meet.

That was the last contact we had for a week. Then one night she started sending me very flirtatious and suggestive text messages. I played along for a while, but then cut it short, saying "Well, I'm glad we had this chat. Take care".

I heard nothing again until Christmas eve when she sent me a text message to wish me a happy christmas. I replied wishing her the same. She called me on boxing day for a chat, during which she apologised about our bad date, admitted she made a mistake and almost begged me for a second chance. She even tried to excuse herself, saying she was not feeling well the night we met and I got the wrong idea about her.

I told her I'd be in the city this afternoon if she wanted to meet me. Well, I'll spare the details, but she was like putty in my hands. :)

Considering she rejected me, I have not only managed to change her mind, but I have also increased her IL considerably. Sometimes playing aloof can be the most effective strategy. Don't let her call the shots. Take a leap of faith and always be willing to walk away with nothing.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
27
Thats the power of the "I don´t care" attitude.

I had a very similar case and I did the same thing you did, but the girl never came back. Actually It didn´t make a difference because even though she was hot and we had our first date, for some strange reason we didn´t "click".

Winning the girl or not thats the attitude we must have.

Good post.
 

sapphire

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 8, 2004
Messages
380
Reaction score
0
It is interesting because I very recently encountered a somewhat similar scenario.

I met this girl (8.5) on the internet and we went out one night and she seemed to be cool and we had a good time but when I called to arrange a second date a week later she seemed somewhat aloof and even told me that she had met someguy online that she kind of liked.

I also responded with the same detached, no skin off my nose attitude and never called her again. Well, low and behold I got an e-mail from her this morning asking me how I spent Christmas and how things are with me, etc.. At this point I don't know whether I even want to respond at all as I sensed that she is somewhat of an attention wh0re and high maintenance and not the kind of girl I would want in an LTR.

But, yes, if you show women, particularly the hot ones that you are willing to walk away, it gives you the upper hand especially when they come running back and realized the mistake they made in rejecting you.
 

Tao of Steve

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2002
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Location
toronto
see my reply to the post asking what to do when she says we should slow down. it is of the similiar mind set.
 

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Another example (I had already asked this girl out but she gave me this "let me get back with you cr.ap"):

Me (8:30:38 PM): hey
Her (8:30:57 PM): hey!
Me (8:31:33 PM): u get ur schedule for this weekend?
Her (8:34:40 PM): yeah i work a lot
Her (8:36:13 PM): it sucks cause i have to study
Me (8:36:40 PM): ok, well thanks for letting me know
Her (8:37:14 PM): wait...
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
59
Originally posted by Jariel
Just thought I'd share a recent experience that may prove useful to some of you.

I met this HB8 for a date at the beginning of this month. She oozed sex appeal and I was really hoping to sleep with her sooner or later, but we didn't get on very well during the date. She cut it short and told me she didn't want to see me again.

Cooly and indifferently, I said "You're right. We didn't click". I shook her hand like a mate and wished her the best.

The following day she sent me a text message, which read like she was giving me a second chance and asked me to meet again. I politely reminded her we didn't hit it off and said it was best if we don't meet.

That was the last contact we had for a week. Then one night she started sending me very flirtatious and suggestive text messages. I played along for a while, but then cut it short, saying "Well, I'm glad we had this chat. Take care".

I heard nothing again until Christmas eve when she sent me a text message to wish me a happy christmas. I replied wishing her the same. She called me on boxing day for a chat, during which she apologised about our bad date, admitted she made a mistake and almost begged me for a second chance. She even tried to excuse herself, saying she was not feeling well the night we met and I got the wrong idea about her.

I told her I'd be in the city this afternoon if she wanted to meet me. Well, I'll spare the details, but she was like putty in my hands. :)

Considering she rejected me, I have not only managed to change her mind, but I have also increased her IL considerably. Sometimes playing aloof can be the most effective strategy. Don't let her call the shots. Take a leap of faith and always be willing to walk away with nothing.
Nice excuse she had hehe.....I guess it is always possible that it's true, but 99% chance it was just a sh1t test. She just wanted to see if you'd cry like a baby to her when she cut it short. You passed with flying colours and actually turned the tables around on her. All the power to you.
 

SageOFAllenAge

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Good show ol chap :D,

A lesson all the RAFC's ought to learn(including me)
 
Top