Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Trying to improve my text game.....please critique PART1

Knight of Roses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Ryan

I don't really understand why you get defensive in your posts when you post them in the first place for assistance. I'll simplify this for you because others haven't mentioned it. You're yapping way too much. Throw a few lines and get her out on a date. She should realize your time is valuable and the only way she can obtain attention from you is by complying with your demands in meeting you for an actual date.

Hope that helps.

Ryan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Ryan

I don't really understand why you get defensive in your posts when you post them in the first place for assistance. I'll simplify this for you because others haven't mentioned it. You're yapping way too much. Throw a few lines and get her out on a date. She should realize your time is valuable and the only way she can obtain attention from you is by complying with your demands in meeting you for an actual date.

Hope that helps.
@Knight of Roses

I dont like how a lot of advice on this forum is contradictory.

It would be nice if someone would give an actual example of how they would reply back to the texts.

Knight of Roses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Knight of Roses

I dont like how a lot of advice on this forum is contradictory.

It would be nice if someone would give an actual example of how they would reply back to the texts.
All right, here it is.

I'm quoting your conversation as you typed it.

You: "Hey there sexy nurse"
You: "Sorry for the Delay, was talking to my mate"
Her: "No worries, working"
You: "At the hospital at this time?"
Her: "Yes, night shift" (Yea I know Im not quoting exact words, but you get the point).

This is where you messed up. You should write:

You: "Which part of the city do you like to hang out in?"
She: "Blah Blah blah"
You: "Awesome, let's get to know each other over drinks. How about we exchange numbers and we'll plan something fun for next week?"
She: "Sounds good, here it is XXX-XXX-XXXX"

Done..rinse and repeat.

You're yapping too damn much. Rely on your looks and your attitude to deliver the SMV, building rapport and connection come from in person communication.

Get her number, set up the date...as fast as you think possible.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Texting 101 - Basic texting principles:

-Texting should only be done for logistical reasons (setting up a date or sending addresses), or in response to a text she initiated.
-Don't respond too quickly
(<15 min)
-Don't take too long to respond (>12 hours)
-Always text about the same or less words than she does (this subconsciously shows less investment than her)

ohrein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Firstly, kudos for having the balls to post this up for criticism. You're miles ahead of a lot of guys because you're actively engaging and also asking for direct criticism. If you can keep a level head about the advice you get you'll figure this stuff out.

As for the texts, they're a bit cringey in places. I liked the kayak line, that's was pretty funny. I think you have too much of an overt sexual tone, try to keep it more fun and light hearted. The treasured memory question is a bit canned but surprisingly women respond well to it. I'd save that for in person after a few dates though. The biggest faux pas you made was not only asking about her ex, but telling her about yours. Never talk about your exes, even if asked, especially early on. To tie into that, I saw you said you wanted to find out what type of guy she liked, terrible strategy that Amante already covered. Finally, you spent five days texting and didn't ask her out. You want to have a quick fun chat and get a phone number then organise to meet up in the one conversation. Texting too much is an attraction killer and there's so much important communication you miss if you rely on it. Voice tone, body posture, eye contact, touch. So all those attempts to build rapport are significantly weakened. Get off the phone and in person ASAP.

If you want a script here's what I used to great success.

- Match on Tinder, send a message that's related to her bio or a pic to start conversation. Chat for enough time to show you're not a weirdo and find out if she's an obvious weirdo.
- Ask for her number to arrange a date.
- (LTR) Text her immediately asking her out for a quick coffee or drink. Emphasis on short date, hour max. The first date is to out if you're compatible.
(Hook up) Text her immediately asking her out for a drink. Build rapport and escalate to kino from there.

Keep it simple, keep it short. Don't invest in her until you know she's worth investing in. Chicks are flaky as hell until they're actually on a date with you. Until then, minimum effort.

Last edited:

Knight of Roses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Firstly, kudos for having the balls to post this up for criticism. You're miles ahead of a lot of guys because you're actively engaging and also asking for direct criticism. If you can keep a level head about the advice you get you'll figure this stuff out.

As for the texts, they're a bit cringey in places. I liked the kayak line, that's was pretty funny. I think you have too much of an overt sexual tone, try to keep it more fun and light hearted. The treasured memory question is a bit canned but surprisingly women respond well to it. I'd save that for in person after a few dates though. The biggest faux pas you made was not only asking about her ex, but telling her about yours. Never talk about your exes, even if asked, especially early on. To tie into that, I saw you said you wanted to find out what type of guy she liked, terrible strategy that Amante already covered. Finally, you spent five days texting and didn't ask her out. You want to have a quick fun chat and get a phone number then organise to meet up in the one conversation. Texting too much is an attraction killer and there's so much important communication you miss if you rely on it. Voice tone, body posture, eye contact, touch. So all those attempts to build rapport are significantly weakened. Get off the phone and in person ASAP.

If you want a script here's what I used to great success.

- Match on Tinder, send a message that's related to her bio or a pic to start conversation. Chat for enough time to show you're not a weirdo and find out if she's an obvious weirdo.
- Ask for her number to arrange a date.
- (LTR) Text her immediately asking her out for a quick coffee or drink. Emphasis on short date, hour max. The first date is to out if you're compatible.
(Hook up) Text her immediately asking her out for a drink. Build rapport and escalate to kino from there.

Keep it simple, keep it short. Don't invest in her until you know she's worth investing in. Chicks are flaky as hell until they're actually on a date with you. Until then, minimum effort.
I'd like to add one additional pointer on this. If you do go for the coffee date, you need to make sure that you are in the mindset that the coffee meet up is an actual date. Not some time ago, I met up with a girl who worked in the building near mine for a "coffee date" as an interim prior to our actual drink date the coming weekend. However, I was fatigued and not in my element, she likely wasnt impressed at coffee and needless to say, I never got my chance at the actual date.

If Coffee dates and casual meet ups aren't your thing, then go straight for the real date. I perform much better in the evening hours, when I'm in the zone, and there's alcohol involved. The natural slayer comes out.

Each their own, just beware of coffee date perils.

ohrein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd like to add one additional pointer on this. If you do go for the coffee date, you need to make sure that you are in the mindset that the coffee meet up is an actual date. Not some time ago, I met up with a girl who worked in the building near mine for a "coffee date" as an interim prior to our actual drink date the coming weekend. However, I was fatigued and not in my element, she likely wasnt impressed at coffee and needless to say, I never got my chance at the actual date.

If Coffee dates and casual meet ups aren't your thing, then go straight for the real date. I perform much better in the evening hours, when I'm in the zone, and there's alcohol involved. The natural slayer comes out.

Each their own, just beware of coffee date perils.
True. I actually abandoned the coffee date for the same reason. I stuck with quick evening drinks towards the end of my dating and it's much better for those reasons. Coffee dates can be a bit too "friend-zone" if you don't have some well calibrated c0cky/funny (or something else) to spice up the flirting. That said, conversation is a strong asset of mine so I can lean on it when necessary.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Why the fukk does a thread about some dumb tinder chick need to be this long?

Ryan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Texting 101 - Basic texting principles:

-Texting should only be done for logistical reasons (setting up a date or sending addresses), or in response to a text she initiated.
-Don't respond too quickly
(<15 min)
-Don't take too long to respond (>12 hours)
-Always text about the same or less words than she does (this subconsciously shows less investment than her)

Ok Mr Expert texter....take a look at my conversations and give me examples of your smooth comebacks

for instance if a girl says "I know what you are trying to do" .....whats your smooth comeback???