Truth: Answer to the Unanswerable Question

Epic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been a member of our group here for quite some time now; so long in fact, I can remember when Pook was still here. It's been a long journey for me, I started as the guy no guy wants to be; I've been the guy that I always thought I wanted to be, but I've also been the guy I've always hated. A great deal of transformation has taken place in my life over the past several years and I want to pass on the main thing that I've learned from it all.

You don't need this website. There are some good people here with good advice don't misunderstand me, but the main problem with that is that in being here, you're wanting someone else to tell you how you should be and what you should do. What it comes down to is a lack of self-approval and the fear of staring failure directly in the face and cementing that negative self-image in your mind. I believe it's partly a consequence of growing up in a country that throws around so many ideas of what greatness is. The solution to your problem is with you even at this very moment. You have to accept who you are, faults and everything. It doesn't matter that there are things you don't have that others do whether it's women, money, popularity, or whatever. I can tell you from first hand experience that having these things won't make you content. You're not unhappy and self-conscious because you don't have those things. You don't have those things because you're unhappy and self-conscious.

If you start accepting who you are, instead of trying to force yourself to accept who you want to be, it won't be near as difficult as you think it is and you'll be happy regardless of whether each venture is successful or not. This finally came to me when I was trying real hard to find a solution because nothing seemed to make things feel good enough, and I felt like giving up until I finally realized that there was no answer because there was no problem to solve in the first place.

Skip this paragraph if you're not interested because I know some of you aren't religious, but these things began to dawn on me after reading certain bible verses.For example, this isn't an exact quote, but some seem to suggest that God doesn't want you to beat yourself up because you've failed or done something wrong. God knows that worrying can make things worse, and that there is enough things to be more concerned about in each day. All that is expected is that you let yourself be happy, enjoy existence, and try to aim towards being good and fulfilling your full potential; in doing that you honor God because goodness, happiness, and human existence are all his creation.

You'll never have everything you want and you'll never be exactly how you want to be; but if you quit criticizing yourself and your performance you'll be happy and you'll progress more than you expected. You have to throw caution to the wind and jump into the middle of things, I don't care what it is, git 'er done as the saying goes. No matter what you'll have a bad experience with everything at some point or another but you can't let those things hold you back. You're as capable and as valuable as anyone else is; deep down you know it, but you have to start believing it. Yeah, you see other people who don't seem to have as hard of a time as you with certain things and the truth is some don't, but many actually do you just don't see, the major difference is that they don't judge themselves, they just keep at it until success is achieved. I quit trying to be a certain kind of man, if I lost everything I would still be as much of a man as I was before. Although I will say that there are some guys out there that don't deserve to carry the title in the first place.

Don't worry about women. It's as simple as this: relax, be comfortable with yourself, if you see a girl you're attracted to, talk to her. There is no right thing to say, so don't think that what you say is important. It's not disarming a bomb. If you like her, get her number, call her when you want to and make plans to hang out. Don't try to impress her or win her over with extravagant actions and quit thinking with your junk and its fear of not getting any, just enjoy getting to know someone. If sexual attraction is there, don't be nervous about it like if something happens you might mess it up and it's the only shot you'll get for the rest of your life. If sex happens, again: enjoy it, focus on the moment, explore her, want to please her, and I guarantee you she'll love it.

But please show some self-restraint. If you get into a relationship honor it, break up with someone before you cheat, and do it for the right reason. Going from girl to girl and thinking you're a "pimp" doesn't impress anyone except those who are too afraid to do that, and the ones who know better will see you as a fool because the wise know that if you go on a chocolate eating marathon, eventually chocolate just won't be as appealing as it used to. Anyway, I'll stop rambling now. Just quit caring so much and enjoy who you are, what you have, and where you're at. Enjoy life itself, be good to people, and start taking everything else a day at a time.

jeffthechef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Epic said:
You don't need this website. There are some good people here with good advice don't misunderstand me, but the main problem with that is that in being here, you're wanting someone else to tell you how you should be and what you should do. What it comes down to is a lack of self-approval and the fear of staring failure directly in the face and cementing that negative self-image in your mind.
I agree with most of what you have said except that paragraph above.

"You're wanting someone else to tell you how you should be and what you should do." Well, doesn't someone else HAVE TO show us how we should be and what we should do. (Teachers, parents, mentors) And, don't we all WANT/Choose to learn or follow the examples of others. (Role models)...You do hint at a good point though. I don't think it's wrong to want to learn how to be better from others. One problem is that certain members on this site give horrible advice, and sometimes the OP doesn't recognize it. The BIGGER problem is what some members on this site are trying to achieve such as fame/wealth merely for women. It's really a matter of how members on this site choose to filter through themselves what they see on this site. In the end, i love when others TRY to change me, but it is my responsibility to decide what change i actually allow to occur. The individual has the right to decide to change/improve, but if NO ONE tries to change the individual, he or she is deprived the opportunity to improve.

"What it comes down to is a lack of self-approval and the fear of staring failure directly in the face and cementing that negative self-image in your mind."
Well, this is a shaky statement. If we consider rapists/murderers, then i highly doubt anyone would suggest they approve of themselves. All men must approve of themselves to only a certain extent for merely being humans; however, there is no doubt that some men are superior to others...we're all created equal as humans..yet some become superior for their virtues..and truly superior men are equal to each other on their own level. Regarding fear, i don't think fear has to be such a bad thing. Some may choose to live without any fear and strive. Others may be driven by fear and still live happy lives as long as that fear does not CONTROL them.

I'm sure it's been said before...but..shouldn't the advice be

Approve of who you are for being human and thus not being perfect...however, you must seek to improve yourself

___
I noticed in your signature you have a buddha quote..so i'm assuming your paragraph was inspired somewhat by buddhism/buddha and how that philosophy preaches the power of the inner self and how everything/nothing is in everyone...so you're trying to say that all we need is in us because it's in everyone because of the interconnectedness of the universe...and i believe that too..but i also think that in order for the individual to realize he has certain qualities he has yet to discover, he must learn from others...

i'm guessing you mean to say that we all should be content with what we ahve and who we are...we don't need money, fame, women...like buddhist monks...we have the capability of living in solitude or in a temple that is free from all of society's creations..which is true..but i doubt many on this forum would choose to do so

yet we can still be content living in society and not have to follow its trends and accept some of its highly immoral values/beliefs

You may have also been thinking of this quote as you wrote that paragraph

"What the superior man seeks is in himself. What the mean/small man seeks is in others."..you may have been thinking of that..or not

and that quote kind of relates to what you were saying...what superior men seek are within them..and one of the major things that superior men seek are virtues..and all virtues are derived from the inner...and what the small man seeks is in others..meaning he is jealous of the virtuous superior man..or he may also be seeking the approval of others which is something you and i would both agree is an inferior trait...so members of this forum are only small/inferior if they come to this forum for knowledge on how to be more popular/rich..if however, they come to this forum in order to gain wisdom on how to be a better person or improve themselves, then i see nothing wrong..It's why members on this site are here rather than the fact that they are here

one point this whole thread brings up is..this forum does promote some rather empty "things"...for example, there is actually an article in the high school dj bible about social proof/popularity UNDER THE ****ING SELF-IMPROVEMENT SECTION...i chose not to read it because i found it extremely ridiculous..how does popularity make me a better person?..the truth is, BEING A BETTER PERSON SHOULD MAKE SOMEONE MORE POPULAR and someone who was genuinely trying to be a better person would not do so for the popularity
..other things such as how to get more money, fame, fashion..yes, all that **** is rather empty..you could have a low income, not be popular, and dress in plain tshirts and jeans and still get women..

this site does promote some good things though..such as inner confidence, pursuit of passions, etc..

the problem will only arise within the individual and is not the fault of the forum..and the problem stems from attachment..yes more buddhism..
attachment leads to suffering..so yes if everyone could annihilate all attachments, this world would be a great place..

so dont be attached or detached..non attached- attachment is what you want..basically balance

you dont want to have a "**** it" attitude..but you don't want to be obsessed...you should care and stop at that...

although this site is mainly about how to improve our relations/ability to get women, i'm sure the creators also meant for it to be mainly about self improvement as the dj bible often mentions the pursuit of one's own life goals rather than the pursuit of women as one's main priority..

in summary, the members of this forum should
1. Stop obsessing over stupid things such as popularity, wealth, and women
2. Stop making women the goal, but rather their own passions should be the goal
3. Approve of who they are (if they aren't rapists/murderers/etc.) but seek to improve

Isko

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree 100% with.. both posts, somehow. This is the lesson I learn over and over when I'm in field. I'll be stressed out, trying to have fun, and it'll come to me: Stop trying to take something new, and start enjoying what you have. It's hard to put into words, but when you stop trying, you start doing. You accept yourself as you are, and you stop being needy.

Thank you for posting this, though. I bookmarked it; hopefully in the future when I feel like I need some advice on improving, I'll come to this post and remember that I don't.

Also, I think spirituality is very important for this kind of thing. Feeling like the universe gypped you is a terrible feeling, and completely unproductive. Acceptance of your place in life, no matter how dorky, ugly, creepy or unloved you might be is the only key to contentment and happiness.

Whether or not this story is true, its description of the universe is 100% congruent with how I perceive things to be:
http://www.near-death.com/experiences/reincarnation04.html

Epic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. I don't think that it's wrong to learn from others, if you look back to my original post, I did say that there are some good people here with some good advice. Sometimes, I don't explain myself very well, sorry :). It's not wrong to have guidance in life, but I know that there are people here trying all these things in the dj bible who aren't looking deep enough into what it is suggested that they do. They just want a means to an end and sometimes follow blindly. I don't necessarily mean that the site is bad, I was just saying that being on here day after day, following advice that could be horribly wrong, can be less than beneficial. To be honest I think the majority of the dj bible is actually useless information.

Basically, I just think everyone needs to relax and decide for themselves who they are. You don't have to act a certain way, wear certain clothing, use certain lines, to be popular or attractive. I just think people should not be so critical about everything that they do or change a lot about themselves just to get certain things.

Your welcome, Isko. I'm glad you can relate, hopefully it will open the eyes of some of these other guys.