Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

True or False; Gay Bars Actually Help Your Chances At Picking Up Chicks?

Gay Bars Help Your Game?

• True

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • False

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Other (Explain Below)

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=187368&page=3

Going on from post #43 or so when handle tries to tell me going into a gay bar is actually beneficial to my game.

I honestly don't see how this is true. Anyone care to give me a good discussion of the pros vs. cons that helps you get more opportunities with chicks rather than make them think you are a flaming homo?

aura

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hilarious. I'm searching for a tupperware party to pick up bored milf's and housewives in honor of this thread. :)

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
aura said:
Hilarious. I'm searching for a tupperware party to pick up bored milf's and housewives in honor of this thread. :)
If you succeed then do make a journal about it.

So in reality what is your official take on this?

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a no brainer, you're going to a kind of sausage party in which the sausages are inly interested in other sausages. Therefore, if you're interested in pie, then you have virtually no competition in an environment where there are a few, but usually very attractive females.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As someone who went to a liberal college in NY that has a decent sized LGBT minority on campus and in the town itself, let me say this:

Chicks, in New York at least, are more attracted to guys who are comfortable with their sexuality. I could see why a girl would dig the confidence it takes a straight guy to go to a gay bar.

My school was about 65 to 70 percent female and you had a good amount of bi and lesbian chicks out of this number. And no it wasnt some straight guys fantasy college since a good amount of the non-straight were masculine and butch. However, going to school around a good amount of gay and lesbian folks is a learning experience to say the least. We even had one transexual on campus.

What I noticed is that since straight girls have no issue being friends with bi or les chicks, if you were a guy who acted in any way homophobic, youd look like an idiot to the student body and towns people and get no play.

The reverse is also true. Dudes who were chill enough to be pals with anyone despite orientation, who were vocal about LGBT rights, and the few who even went to the one gay bar outside of town...those guys tended to do very well with chicks on campus.

But hell, I dunno how this would translate to outside of college. College is a whole different animal.

If you guys wanna game girls at a gay bar, props. I know I could never do it because id feel mad uncomfortable and feel like I was being preyed upon like a piece of meet by the guys.

Though the gay male population on campus was not comparable in size to the lesbians, youd still see them out in a couple of the bars in town hanging out with the straight girls. Since the town is very liberal and accepting, noone had an issue mixing in anywhere. Because of this I have been hit on before, and even a couple buddies of mine as well.

But its still a weird feeling to be hit on even when there loads of girls around the bar. I imagine being in a gay bar would compound the weird feeling. Also theres the fact that theres tons of dudes trying to get in with someone that night....So question to the guys who have gone to gay bars....doesnt that creep you out just a bit?

Either way I bet the dudes who do go understand first hand why women dont go to sausage fest straight bars and clubs anymore.

Last edited:

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
real2 said:
When to the pride festival in my city. Picked up girls.

Went into a gay bar, saw 1 female in the whole bar... my buddy tried to pick her up :whistle:

Going tonight to a gay club for a bachelorette party. Gonna see what's up.
Let us know how it went.

irocknike23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
im sorry but this thread is disappointing and depressing to read..

what has the world come to when you have to go to gay bars and clubs to get girls...

if some guys wernt so damn desperate we wouldnt have problems like this...

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you guys need to stop being so homophobic. Let dudes do their thing. If they have no issue going to these places and enjoy themselves with the girls, then let them.

DarkShade

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd definitely be open to going to a gay bar with a friend or two, for many reasons... the best of which being expanding your horizons and experiencing new things... isn't that what this site is all about? Self-improvement and self-realization? How else do you do that if you sit at home in front of a computer?

Another reason is that it is true that girls tend to let their b!tch-shields down and are more open and friendly, because their comfort level increases when they are amidst dozens of males who aren't interested in her; she doesn't have to fend off the drooling orbiter betas or mouth breathing AFCs. In her comfortable and relaxed state, starting a conversation would be simple, and she would most likely be impressed with your sexual comfort in being straight in a room full of gays. Plus, gay people are some funny muthafcukers, you might make a friend or two while you're there, and if good looking gay guys know anything, it's hot girls.

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
you guys need to stop being so homophobic. Let dudes do their thing. If they have no issue going to these places and enjoy themselves with the girls, then let them.
How is it homophobic? It seems to be a tease fest since girls know/hope the guys in there are only interested in other guys. I honestly don't see the benefit especially when I hear the following:

real2 said:
So able to touch but no escalation? That's as bad as going to a strip club.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've made out with a few chicks in gay bars. As long as the sausage to püssy ratio doesn't get too lopsided, so as long as it's not gay night, gay bars can be viable pickup venues. The places tend to be upper scale, the girls and guys know you're straight, the girls have their guard down, and everybody is friendly. Girls are always open to good game.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zodiac said:
How is it homophobic? It seems to be a tease fest since girls know/hope the guys in there are only interested in other guys. I honestly don't see the benefit especially when I hear the following:

So able to touch but no escalation? That's as bad as going to a strip club.
Its obviously homophobic if youve been reading the thread...

1) The fact that they care if others think they are gay even though they are going to game women. Thats phobia.

2) Calling this different method of gaming a "problem". Its not a problem, its just a different method since dudes throw themselves at girls at your average bar or club, which only scares women away and causes sausage fests.

3) The obvious vibe on the forum as a whole. Gay dudes arent the plague. Try giving the originally referenced thread in the OP a read.

And tbh, if I can find a cool Bi chick friend of mine who'd be down to be my chaperon (lol), I might give gaming in one of these bars a try. It appears to be rather fruitful for the guys here who have been.

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Its obviously homophobic if youve been reading the thread...

1) The fact that they care if others think they are gay even though they are going to game women. Thats phobia.

2) Calling this different method of gaming a "problem". Its not a problem, its just a different method since dudes throw themselves at girls at your average bar or club, which only scares women away and causes sausage fests.

3) The obvious vibe on the forum as a whole. Gay dudes arent the plague. Try giving the originally referenced thread in the OP a read.

And tbh, if I can find a cool Bi chick friend of mine who'd be down to be my chaperon (lol), I might give gaming in one of these bars a try. It appears to be rather fruitful for the guys here who have been.
All I have seen with my own eyes in gay bars and read by others on here is a majority of the time its a tease fest with a ratio of sausage highly above the the ***** by design or you can go around honking boobs since no one thinks you are straight. Copping a feel is not a reason I would go out to a gay bar but everyone is entitled to why they would.

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Solomon said:
Not my cup of tea, I'm not a homophobe but I just think it's lame to go to a gaybar trying to pick up straight chicks.
I agree. I honestly don't see a reason why you would want to do that to yourself because it honestly seems to me to allow you to get a few boob squeezes in and maybe a kiss if the girl allows you because she thinks you like men but what else? Oh yeah the fact she thinks you like me.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Solomon said:
Not my cup of tea, I'm not a homophobe but I just think it's lame to go to a gaybar trying to pick up straight chicks.
It is a bit unorthodox, but given where I went to school it doesnt super scare me too much.

However, while the idea of gaming women who are pretty open and have their defenses down is appealing, I doubt I could be entirely comfortable with the barrage of men who prolly try to hit on everyone.

Like it was said before by myself and others, this is prolly the same reason many women avoid bars and clubs nowadays.