"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

triplecrossed

TylerDurden

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 10, 2001
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
I went out tonight with about 10 friends. The women outnumbered the Men 7 to 1. 7 men for every woman. I went to talk to this HB. We talked. She told me she had a BF who she was seeing for the last 2 years.

Ok so I figure since she is out here alone he has become a borefriend. I number close an tell her I will call her.

One of my friends talks to her and also gets her number. She doesn't know that we know each other. We get in the car and find out that she gave both of us her number. What is the deal here?
 
Last edited:

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
She is a ho and wants you both -- welcome to ho wonderland -- you'll be competing with 20 others guys she gave her number to that night - so don't get played!
 

California Love

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2004
Messages
652
Reaction score
0
Location
The Bay Area
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
She is a ho and wants you both -- welcome to ho wonderland -- you'll be competing with 20 others guys she gave her number to that night - so don't get played!
bump. She wants some attention.
 

TylerDurden

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 10, 2001
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
So what is the story here?

I guess I never really thought about it before. It seems like women these days can give out their number to anyone wether they are interested or not.

Is it my imagination or is number closing not a real sign of interest?

Why is she giving her number to more than 1 guy? Is she...
a slut, just friendly, uninterested, curious, interested, playing the field or what?

Discuss!
 

sixtonoize

New Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2003
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
In my opinion, a #close isn't really a sign of interest. Whether or not she answers, and sees you afterwards, is the true sign
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
699
Reaction score
1
...is number closing not a real sign of interest?
I remember the days of junior high. "Does she like me? Go ask her friend if she likes me? No, don't tell her I want to know! Tell her your friend wants to know! "

Young girls and guys scrambling around the courtyard, trying to find out guys' last names, guys trying to find out if she's got a boyfriend, where her locker is...

As we get older, we learn to discern from body language, voice pitch and other factors to help us determine if we are attractive to someone else.

My experience tells me that those that are so focused on getting a girls phone number are sometimes missing out on the opportunity to get to know the girl right then and there.

In this situation, you've got 10 people and a girl with a boyfriend gives her number out to 2 different guys.

There's nothing for either of the two guys to worry about. She has a bf. If either of the two guys steal her away from the "borefriend", they may look forward to someone stealing her away from them. The problem is likely not with the "borefriend", but the girl. She hasn't decided what she wants yet.

Maybe I'm old school, but I don't think this girl should be giving out her number to any guy while partying. It's disrespectful to the bf, whoever he is.

Over the past two weeks, I've gotten 8 phone numbers. Of the 6 I called, I've only spoken to 2. One had no desire to meet me, the other was getting ready for school to start and said she had a class on Tuesday nights so couldn't go.

So, obviously, NO - a phone number is not a sign of high interest level. It's just a number.

Now, why did this girl who doesn't want to date me give me her phone number? Several possible reasons.

1. She knew she wasn't leaving the bar for another 2 hours and didn't want things to be uncomfortable.
2. She knows I'm more popular than her. She doesn't want me to be calling her a b*tch or a tease or anything, so she just gives up the number and avoids answering the phone unless she recognizes who the caller is.
3. She is drunk and doesn't care at the moment who has her number. A number isn't a promise of anything.
4. Because you told her to.
5. She might really like you when she gave it to you, but after you got it, she saw you talk to several other girls and get their numbers as well. She didn't like it.


Is she a "Ho" ?
No. She's just a girl who gave you a phone number. Why? Because she knows some of your friends and wants to hang out either with you or all of you.
 
Top