Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tried my first DJ field experiments today, both failed

Total Zero

Reaction score
While sitting in traffic this morning, a woman in the lane beside me really caught my attention in a big way. She really looked like "my type." She appeared to be around my age (32). We were at a red light, and she caught me looking at her. I instantly looked down at my watch, pretending I wasn't checking her out. I'm just shy like that, always have been. I figure it's best to look away before the woman looks away in total dismissal. Still, I was interested. We stop at another red light several blocks later, only this time, I end up a few cars behind her, but still to her left. This was a rather long red light, which held us up quite a while since it was right before a railroad crossing, and we had to wait out a very long train passing. Around us was a man selling flowers, so I flagged him down and bought some flowers fo this woman. I figured I had to add a personal touch to this so my purchase wouldn't be in vain, so I wrote a brief note basically along the lines of "Hi, I just thought you might like these. Seeing you made my morning. If you'd like to talk sometime, here's my number, but if you don't want to talk, I understand. Thanks." I signed it and wrote my number beneath my name. I attached the note to the flowers, then I asked the man if he could deliver it to the woman in the car I pointed out. He was cool about it, since she wasn't too far away. Just as this began to unfold, I realized the train had come and gone, and the light had turned green again, so traffic was to get going again. We got yet another red light ahead, at which point I ended up beside her car again, and asked her if she liked the flowers. She said "Yes I did...thank you." Green light again, where I got on the highway ramp, and she continued ahead on the street we were both on. $15 for a "thank you."

Second failure of the day: I was at a Border's bookstore and noticed another woman who caught my attention. We were each reading a book a few feet away from each other, and I asked her if that book was interesting. She just nodded "yes," and smiled. I told her my book was interesting, too and before she got a chance to respond, I asked her if she visited that Border's location frequently. She said "No." I asked her if she'd be interested in meeting up for a drink sometime, and told her that I'd understand if she didn't want to. She said she doesn't drink alcohol, but "thanks anyway." Then she abruptly just said "I gotta go," and left. At that point, I got even more tense and felt distress in my stomach, and a really uncomfortable "tingle" course through my arms, neck, and back. I still decided to be positive, so I convinced myself that she really had to go. A few minutes later, I'm walking around at the other end of the store, and see her flipping through a different book there. This girl appeared to be around 24/25.

ApocalypseCow2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats for getting out there and putting in some effort! I'm sure it wasn't easy. But I have some advice.

First of all, do not say stuff like, "Wanna go out? I'll understand if the answer is no." You are sabotaging yourself. You are creating a little safety net for your ego, and it makes you look weak.

Buying flowers for random women is creepy. A lot of what you did in that first scenario made you look creepy.

I think the second approach was OK for a beginner. You said "Hi" and got some (brief) convo going. My guess is that you were really nervous, which she detected. In the future, you'll need to stretch out the conversation more and be more confident.

Rock33

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to give u some contstructive critism. frist off u came out way to soft, why do understand if she says no?I didn't see no c and f, (****y and funny). U need to get out of the shyness, read the bible order the cd's even thoug hi haven't yet and i'm still learnng, jsut practice saying hello to women, even if there ugly who cares, look in there eyes. This is what i would have said to a woman reading a book " if really u wanted to get to know me, u could of just asked instead of reading about me" . She would of known that was a joke abviously. Then u could of asked her what got her inerested in that book. or introduced yourself there. the key is u came across like a man with a tail bewteen your legs. now the women at the redlight, don't look away, let her know your intrested with a smile, you should of said, "i noticed u were following me so i thought i say hello", remember to smile thats so important be creative have a plan. even though u have ot think quickly in that situation. jsut my two cents good luck!

JoeBlack

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok situation 1..

Way too much... Buying flowers for women you see in cars would just creep them out imo. Plus why put if not I understand? Why not put something funny instead or at leave that bit out. it makes it look like you are doubting yourself.

In the second situation the conversation sucked. Telling her your book was interesting? Asking if she visited that section regularly? You gotta try and think of some better stuff than that if you are going to win someone over....

How about something like.. Hey, whats your name?.... Get name. I have read that book... We should hook up so I can tell you all about it and save you $10!..

ok, sounds stupid, but at least it shows some imagination and might make her laugh?

Not dissing you, just trying to give constructive critisism.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well the flower thing was a long shot. I mean it could have maybe worked but 9 times out of 10 it probably wouldn't unless the girl was just waiting to be swept off her feet.

The problem that jumped out on me on the bookstore conversation was when you said "I understand if you don't want to"

That is like you are expecting to fail.

But the best part is that you did try. Don't let anything stop you from trying. You probably did more approaches than 98% of the people on this board that day (myself included)

FratAndDiddy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the flower thing bombed bro. first, you were mobile. 2nd, you dont need to buy a woman squat to get her attention.
the book store was ok but you just approached it wrong. work on your delivery and eye contact. you must figure out when a woman looks at you with her eyes if she likes what she sees. this takes much practice.
keep workin the field bro !

Dominant

Don Juan
Reaction score
You need more structure man. Doing these random things won't you to DJ status very quickly.

Do the Boot Camp or buy Gunwitch's Dynamic Sex Life or something. Something that is more structured that will take you step by step in the direction you want to go.

-Dominant