Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

triceps

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what are some tricep exercises? today i tried that thing were you put your arms over your head and lift a weight behind you. i dont know if it was low weight or bad technique but i wasnt feeling it at all. not in my triceps

mateo_g

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bench Press, Incline bench press ( bench press works chest but also triceps), push ups, cross cable press, hell there are a ton of exercises that work the triceps. Just do a google search.

Many people do not work their triceps enough and just focus on biceps. You can gain quite the arm size with defined tri's.

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks, ive just started lifting so i dont know much

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lt. Dan, STOP LIFTING.

DO NOT LIFT ANOTHER WEIGHT.

Now that I've got your attention, you need to educate yourself before you lift another weight. "Lifting a weight over your head" is not only gonna do JACK for your muscle mass, it's gonna get you hurt.

When it comes to lifting, the first rule is to always practice proper form. If you're not, you're wasting your time...you may as well be eating Krispy Kremes on the couch. First, go out and get a book, or better yet, join the Fitness Forum @ Menshealth.com. It's a great place for the beginner...I've been around there for a while now.

Also, check out www.twowiresthin.com

it's an AMAZING site. Learn proper form, it's lame to get hurt...and then, when you know what you're doing, back to the weights:D

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i wasnt lifting the weight over my head. i explained it as best ias i could earlier. im new to lifting and all but im not totally ignorant and im lifting with somebody that has been doing it for a while

naluholo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe the name of the lift you're talking about is the seated tricep press. Does this sound like it:

"Sit on a bench with a straight back, feet flat on the floor, and back firmly against the bench. Grasp one end of a dumbbell with both hands (palms up) and raise it above your head, locking the elbows. With your elbows held in place and squared, slowly lower the dumbbell behind your head until you feel a stretch in your triceps. Press the weight back up, following a slight arc until the elbows lock and the weight is once again about your head."
(From the site Neo posted)

It was one of my favorites for the triceps, but I had to use a lot of weight. If you're doing it right it will hit them well - there's a picture of it on the site Neo mentioned. Having a spotter is definitely a good idea on this one if you're using much weight.