"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Traversing the Macrocosm

dearsappho

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 13, 2004
Messages
313
Reaction score
1
Location
Happy Hunting Grounds
Take a look at your life. Do it now….Have a quick think about what your life consists of. Think about the people you know, the places you go, the food you eat, the vices you entertain. You may think that your world is comprised of a myriad of facets pertaining to some overwhelming hyped up existence…well I got news for ya pal…IT AINT.

Think about it…in the grand scheme of things your existence is of minimal importance to say the physical workings of the world, even though in your own mind your existence is tantamount to the operation of the ‘grand scheme of things’. We go through life constantly engaged in the process of fashioning perfect microcosms in which to exist safely. We do this because, lets face it, the big wide world out there is far too scary and vast for most of us to even comprehend.

Just for the sake of it, let’s have an epiphany!


THERE IS NO BIG WIDE WORLD OUT THERE


Wtf? I hear you say. Of course there is. I’m seeing it, touching it, smelling it….living it. I’m getting promotion, travelling the globe, paying into a pension scheme, voting for my favoured political party, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada….

Wrong! What you are doing is living in a very very small world indeed. A Microcosm. You are conditioned from a very young age to feel that the world is big and wide to prevent empowerment of the self.
“We can’t have a billion people running around thinking they’re the man now can we? Let’s make the world big and scary to keep them in their place.”
“Yeah great idea! The concept of God is still in the design phase at the point in History though, so you’re going to have to wait for that Meta-narrative to come into existence I’m afraid”

You’ve had the bad news (that’s ok, I knew you could handle it), so now for the good news…

The good news is that if you are living in a small self concocted microcosm it must follow that every other being on this spinning sphere must be doing the same. The world, then, consists of similar entities living in relatively similar systems. Bizarre, right? Yeah I know…I went for years of my life viewing the world as this huge foreboding, mass of stuff that was impossible to understand and infiltrate. I saw the world in terms of culture, countries, religion, sexuality etc.
I was AFC and this concept sought to keep me there…forever. I attempted to break this myth down and have found that, with a little faith, microcosms can be transcended just by the simple act of approaching, thus making the traditional notion of the Macrocosm all but defunct. I reiterate: there is no big wide world out there – only many small worlds, of which yours is one of them. Take heart from this. It makes the world easier to understand and therefore navigate.

Here, then, is your mission…

Traverse the Macrocosm by building bridges to other Microcosms. Make it your life’s aim to infiltrate as many microcosms as you can. Destroy the myth of the Macrocosm and make it a, no, YOUR, reality.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

steveoo5

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 20, 2003
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
cincinnati ohio
Traverse the Macrocosm by building bridges to other Microcosms. Make it your life’s aim to infiltrate as many microcosms as you can. Destroy the myth of the Macrocosm and make it a, no, YOUR, reality.
if you(and everybody else) did this, wouldn't you, in a sesne, be creating a macrocosm?

i think the modern "city" can be compared to an anthill, sure all the ants live seperate indilidual lives but all their actions together create the anthill(or city). the ant hill is like a new organism composed of smaller parts, just like our bodies are compsed of smaller parts(genes).
 

dearsappho

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 13, 2004
Messages
313
Reaction score
1
Location
Happy Hunting Grounds
Im glad to see you grapsed my concept in its entirety, sir. The concept of the Macrocosm is but a myth in the mind of the AFC. I am suggesting that one is fashioned in reality and not merely fantasy.
 

steveoo5

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 20, 2003
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
cincinnati ohio
It makes the world easier to understand and therefore navigate.
Here, then, is your mission…
Traverse the Macrocosm by building bridges to other Microcosms. Make it your life’s aim to infiltrate as many microcosms as you can.
why would this be anyones life's aim? wouldn't it be better to try to bring as many people, who have the potential to help you acheive your goals, into your microcsm? unless your ultimate goal in life is to "infiltrate as many microcosms as you can" which is silly
 

dearsappho

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 13, 2004
Messages
313
Reaction score
1
Location
Happy Hunting Grounds
I fail to see the relevance of attempting to bring anyone in to one's life - it simply doesnt have a high chance of success. Surely it is far better to want and be able to successfully approach people yourself and not 'hope' that they they will do the same. And in any case, your suggestion can only be achieved by transcending the ethereal boundaries I speak of anyway.
Very few, especially women, are going to enter your world by chance. The notion that that action dictates quality of life is rings true here hence the need to reach out beyond one's own personal, sometimes self imposed, boundaries and touch others. Is that so silly?
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Top