"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Tough Situation

StarmanDeluxe

New Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2003
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Here's the (long) story:

I'm a freshman. I've known this junior for like three years, but didn't get really close with her till this year. We eventually went out.

So, I kind of discover within a week or so that this isn't for me (spare me from the "You're a freshman guy going out with a junior girl and YOU dumped HER?" thing please), and I dump her after about three weeks. She gets really pissed for no real reason, but then comes clamoring back, saying that she wanted to still be friends. So, after some deliberation about how she doesn't want to be physical at all with me, we work some things out.

For a week or so, things were great. Then, all of a sudden, she slips her hand into mine. I sort of retract, and she gets really pissed. After a day or so, things patch up. She still hugs me and stuff whenever she can.

So, before you go off saying "she's a *****," know that she's a super awesome person most of the time. It's just that she gets really awkward around relationship stuff--prime reason I dumped her.

Anyway, I get to liking this other girl. We're totally set to go out, but I'm afraid my ex is gonna get flip out on me. I'm also totally afraid she'll pull out the big guns and excommunicate all her friends from me. I attend a small arts school in which I am a freshman and don't know all that many people. She knows EVERYONE. I will become, by and large, a loner if this happens.

So, quick recap summary: former girlfriend wants to remain friends but will probably get really pissed if I advance on other girls. This is bad.

Any suggestions?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Supero Masculus

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
131
Reaction score
0
Location
In reality
Hmmmm.... Well i think you should flirt a bit with the other chicks and see how she reacts. If she reacts positively then go in for the kino. If not try to subtly find out why. if that doesn't work then try being freinds with all the other girls so the wont excommunicate you. If not then try sources outside of school if possible.
 

StarmanDeluxe

New Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2003
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
I guess I didn't make it clear, but she totally flipped out last time she saw me flirting. I nipped it in the bud by immediately going and having a face-to-face talk with her, where she said "I really like you, and I know we're not going out, but seeing that really hurt me, and I don't want to lose you because you're with other girls..." blah blah blah.

So possessive :(
 

Supero Masculus

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
131
Reaction score
0
Location
In reality
Ouch... Fear not for where there is a will, there is a way. Ok, does this ex-girl have a current boyfreind? If not then set her up with one of your dudes, if yes then blow up on her for being like with another guy and she's bytching about how you flirted with another chick. Oh and make sure the dude you set her up with will keep her busy for a long, long time.;)
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Lol. I've never been in that situation but I think it's funny. Since I've never been, I may be wrong BUT:
I would take the chick I wanted. Period. You are going to change your life around some *****? lol. She can tell everyone to hate you! Oh no! Now what?! All the dumb****s hate me.

What would it matter? those are the people you don't wanna associate with!

Guy, life is short. Ain't no way you are going to miss out on things for some other dumb ass.

Lik
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top