Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tough guys and dumbells

Pro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What would you real strong mofo's use for a bicep/curl workout using dumbells.

I am currently using 40 lb dumbells and doing 4 sets of 6. I am not big at all, but I have had a few cats say that was a lot and a few others try them and fail miserably.

I am not claiming to lift a ton of wait and these kids aren't jacked, but I was just wondering what others that actually lifted used and sh1t.

I am 5'11" 160lbs.

Post maybe your weight and what weight your individual dumbell would be for a decent workout.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lift 100 lbs dumbells, sometimes I will take three of them and go around the gym juggling and singing. Yes, I am very strong. You might also want to check out my 2000 lbs bench I did yesterday.

To be very serious I lift 30 lbs dumbells and is at 155 lbs. Curl at 70 lbs. Saw a guy use 66 lbs dumbells. That was cool.

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I weight 165 and can do 45's :)

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AFK, wow ... 135 lbs. You are light!

I can curl 30 lbs dumbells, but can never seem to do more than that. It's like a plateau or something, and I have been trying for over a year! I'm 160 lbs. Anyone has any idea on how to improve bicep strengths?

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of straight bar bicep curls will help. Apart from that, look into adding TINY amounts of weight on over time.

I too find that even going 2KG heavier, I cant even do one rep. Thats where my half lb and 1lb weights come in :)

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man you are lucky ben, at my gym the smallest weigth you can add is 1.25 KG... like 2.5 pounds each... :/

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im about 145lbs and use 22kg dumbells 6 reps.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure you do solid :rolleyes:

So, according to rough calculations, your bar curl is 100+lbs?

The tiny weights I brought myself from a local shop. I basically tie them strongly on some thick string around a dumbell. It might look stupid, but it's stopped all that 'I'm not making gains!' business ;) very good for your mindset

catlovesfood

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'11 and 190 pounds, currently trying to bulk up 220 then cut maybe 15 - 20 pounds off bodyfat. :eek:

true|hockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 5'10" and weigh about 180lbs ( probably less actually ~175ish). When you say " curl dumbless, there are all types of curls. On a preacher bench, I can start at 30's for about 10-12 reps, and end at 40's for about 6, but thats extremly tough. Lately, ive been focusing on better form than I have in the past, and as a result, seldom use anything over 30lbs for the dumbells. Alot of guys use heavy weights, but throw their body into the curl. Its cheating :)

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheater reps can be good. You shift more weight. Although theres a clear line between a bicep curl with a bit of assistance, to a full on whiplash-stylee hip gyration.

It's not really about the weight if you want to build a good body. If you're training for strength, fair play, but for me, the weight I'm using doesnt matter. You can pack on loads of muscle and not really make much strength gains.

Arnold used to do flys at 60. There's a guy in a gym I was in once that was easily doing 70's. It's about about perfect form and a nice deep range of motion in whatever you're doing.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJBen
I'm sure you do solid :rolleyes:

So, according to rough calculations, your bar curl is 100+lbs?

The tiny weights I brought myself from a local shop. I basically tie them strongly on some thick string around a dumbell. It might look stupid, but it's stopped all that 'I'm not making gains!' business ;) very good for your mindset
Beleive what you want but I kid you not. (I've been lifting for coming upto 3 years now. I'm not realy bothered about getting massive just want slight improvements now. I started under 100lbs in weight). I dont realy bother much with barbell curls but I can rep a 50kg barbell easily.

I've done 8 dips with 30kg strapped to me, 31 pull ups, reped a 60k barbell 8 times mill press, deadlifted 110kg, benched 100kg 1 rep and also have done 50 dips bodyweight.

I realy need to get into my deadlifts and vertical leg press (ye im too much of a wimp for squats).

Mercenary

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by S0LID
Beleive what you want but I kid you not. (I've been lifting for coming upto 3 years now. I'm not realy bothered about getting massive just want slight improvements now. I started under 100lbs in weight). I dont realy bother much with barbell curls but I can rep a 50kg barbell easily.

I've done 8 dips with 30kg strapped to me, 31 pull ups, reped a 60k barbell 8 times mill press, deadlifted 110kg, benched 100kg 1 rep and also have done 50 dips bodyweight.

I realy need to get into my deadlifts and vertical leg press (ye im too much of a wimp for squats).
I concur with DJBen, you're full of ****

:)

crushen

Don Juan
Reaction score
body weight doesn't mean ****. There are 140 lb guys that can bench 300+ lbs because they are powerlifters and train for speed and for a long long time. there are also 200 lb guys who cant do 150 lbs because they are fat and weak.

the weight you use depends on how long you've trained, your form, the speed of your reps, your goals, etc...

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh. and he doesnt do squats.

Give me a video clip of you busting out 4 reps at 50KG and I'll give you a video clip of me drinking a gallon of piss.

Until then, go turn pro and make money.

EDIT: oooo! I just read you can do it easily! make it 4X52KG! :rolleyes:

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It must be extraordinary to be able to lift those weight. It is not often I see people use over 50 kg in their bar curls... It happens, but the guy is like 190+. I try to keep an open mind, if what you say is true then you can lift awesome weights. If it's not, you should truly be ashamed of yourself.

Reiki

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by S0LID

rofl you crack me up, because if you are able to curl 60kg, it would mean your 1 rep max would be close to 90 or even 100, that would mean that after a few years you are able to break the world record just by training for a few years?

And if your 1 rep max is around say 80 kgs,then you should be able to benchpress 100kg with EASE, and deadlift 110 kg? either your back is extremly weak or your stats are totaly wrong. Even beginners in my gym are able to deadlift 100kg +

And you probably dont do squats eh?

And we dont even know if your using proper tech.

phenom

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with DJBEN here. I'm 200lbs and curl 30lbs dumbells 4x10. I could probably do more weight but then my form would suck and I would be swinging my hips alot.

For me its not about how much wieght i can lift; but how good I look naked.