Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Torn between marketing and ibanking career. Do ibankers have time to get laid?

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm still in college and need to decide on a career path soon. I'm torn between IBanking and Marketing. I love money, but I also love to do marketing. I would also like to get laid by the hottest chicks possible and find a high quality wife.

I-banking Pros
-six figure salary including bonuses
Ibanking Cons
-no time to enjoy life (eg. hit the gym, get laid?)

Marketing Pros
-what i enjoy doing
Marketing Cons
-standard 60k salary

Which one should I choose? Do Ibankers have time to pick up girls and get laid, while improving other aspects of their lives outside of their profession? Will a salary less than 6 figures hold me back in terms of attracting high quality women?

For reference:
http://www.mergersandinquisitions.com/investment-banking-analyst-life-worst-day/

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't have much of a chance of getting into Ibanking unless you go to a top school and have a great GPA. So if you don't, the decision is already made for you.

defiancy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I-banking versus marketing is like night and day man. They are quite extreme choices. One is flexible, another is stiff excel and number crunching. I'm very sure if you mentioned "interest in marketing" at an i-banking interview they will throw you out of the interview rounds.

Kerpal is right about being from a top school + having minimum 3.5+ gpa. Considering that you read M&I, you should know there are those barriers to entry. I think it's very clear too that if you do I-bank you will not have time for yourself. You're doing it for the job exit opportunities and cash not for a easygoing lifestyle. The job is far far from it.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What makes you think you'll be stuck in a 60K salary in marketing?

There are plenty of ways to make money other than pulling a high salary. If you are a good enough marketer (e.g. sales) you can write your own ticket.

Stick with what you like, and you'll find a way to make tons of cash.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha im actually thinking about getting into ibanking. I'm going to take cfa lvl one in december which should help. I'm currently working with M&A and had a decent job before. I have some connections in ibanking which i hope will help. we'll see.

PrettyBoyA

Don Juan
Reaction score
there's alot of money in marketing too

i own a marketing agency, not really as a consultant, but more advertising and strategic planning. in this industry it's not unusual to be making 120k or more as an account director...

being that it is my own business, i do find my time is limited, but i put alot of effort into making time to keep my social life active. i've got a girlfriend so i'm not out actively trying to pickup girls but i'm sure if i wanted to make the effort.. i could