Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Took magic mushrooms last night, what an experience

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How much did you take? Will you do them again?

I have taken mushrooms probably close to 30 times now, most of those being within the last year; the other half in my mid 20s. My doses range from as small as .25g to as much as 4g, always on an empty stomach and ground up into a powder with hot water and lemon juice (which increases onset). The majority of my trips have been difficult or harrowing, but I've never had a "bad trip" (which I consider to something approaching psychosis). I always take them alone, either hiking or simply alone in my apartment. Sometimes I don't even listen to music. I just sit down, maybe walk around a bit, and write down my thoughts. Last time I wrote 2 pages of insights. The most troubling thing about them is they tend to dissolve boundaries and categories and it can make you seriously question a lot of things in your life. The illusion of the ego/self is shoved right in your face too and your unconscious/subconscious takes the front seat.

And in case anyone was curious, I posted a trip report on shroomery.org last year, but I'll copy and paste it here:

"I recently acquired an oz of mushrooms, two strains, supposedly they're both very strong. One of them is blue meanies, not sure about the other but it looks very similiar to the generic P cubensis strains I've used before. I thought I'd ease into it and try 1.75g to start out. I've tripped about a dozen times before this and would take anywhere from 2 to 4g on an empty stomach. I always weigh the mushrooms then grind them up and make them into tea with lemon juice. Always alone; usually I prefer to just stay in my apartment and sit in silence, sometimes with music sometimes not.

My set/setting weren't ideal. I didn't prepare much at all and it was a spontaneous/impulsive choice, although my motivation was to test the strength of the strain and get this ball rolling ASAP without hesitation. I want to use them all summer to heal and get myself back on track; I have a strong intentionality/goal in mind. I don't want to get into a long rant about what happened, but I want to give a few bullets points:

-I took the mushrooms at 5:45pm, and they didn't seem to fully wear off until midnight or so, and the "after effects" lasted until about 4am (couldn't sleep). Far longer than any trip I've had and shocking considering I only took 1.75g.

-My mind was rushed with insight, I had constant epiphenies and reminders about all the traumas, critical moments, etc in my life and how there are so many unresolved things, unprocessed, half-intentions all around me every day that I put off. I tried writing it all of this down in the most distilled form I could but eventually I realized it was just too much to bear all at once so I simply sat with it and let the thoughts do what they wanted.

-The categories/boundaries in my mind started to dissolve and I began questioning who in my life I could really trust and what mattered. I didn't know if I could trust my friends or family. I felt like I could only trust myself at the time.

Here I am the next day, and I feel fairly rejuvinated. I don't really believe in a "bad trip" in a sense and I plan on doing them again soon. What's puzzling, is that many of the insights and thoughts I had still seem entirely valid, and this trip really cemented just how many things are going wrong in my life and how much work I have to do to get myself into a better place. If I have to go through another 12 bad trips so be it - this was awakening and it's exactly what I needed."

Bro calling mushroom a drug is straight retarded so I hope you're joking. Yes it's psychoactive and is indeed a drug but I really don't think it's fair to lump it in with things like pot, cocaine, alcohol, opiates, etc.
Weed is not a drug

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A friend of mine gave me some edibles that had magic mushrooms, wow, I had a trip for 4 hours. Saw all my life, saw all of my insecurities, all the things that caused you trauma as a child, saw the signs I desired the most, I've never being more entuned with my emotions, it felt like a relieve to let me myself feel everything without judgement.

Has any of you done it? How was your experience?
I've done almost everything: weed mescaline acid speed mdma cocaine hash ecstasy ketamine speed crystal meth mushrooms. Mushrooms can be very powerful but it's difficult to find good quality mushrooms though, most of the time you have a little high for like 2-3h and its done. With good mushrooms you're on another planet for like 12h.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro calling mushroom a drug is straight retarded so I hope you're joking. Yes it's psychoactive and is indeed a drug but I really don't think it's fair to lump it in with things like pot, cocaine, alcohol, opiates, etc.
How about lumping it with LSD? :rolleyes:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weed is not a drug
Yes it is lmao, it is incredibly complex pharmacologically and has all sorts of issues. Mushrooms agonise one single receptor in the brain and basically have zero side effects except potentially causing anxiety. Weed on the other hand has tons of problems with it, like most drugs

How about lumping it with LSD? :rolleyes:
LSD is a mess, I wouldn't consider it in the same league as mushrooms. Mushrooms are the purest psychedelic, they only target the 5HT2a recetpro, but LSD is wild. It hits like 50 different receptors with different affinity for each.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've posted two trip reports in my journal the past year:

psychedelicize your life, I say.