Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

too smart?

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
---Not only is that elitism, but that's not even correct. If water doesn't really move, then explain to me why me aiming a high pressure hose at your face would hurt like hell.
LMFAO

SONNED!

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even on a molecular/atomic level, particles are always moving (except for reaching Absolute Zero). Therefore saying anything "doesnt actually move" is fairly wrong.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Void
*Just have a more diverse knowledge than some others. Ex: Water does not actually move...(Okay guys I'm NOT going to explain this now)
well of course it can move like in a water fall and when there is current the water flows with gravity, but im sure a lot of people know that with waves in the sea the energy is passed in the form of waves but the waves just pass energy and look as if they move but the water is statinary. these becomes easy to see with a super position or standing wave.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Read up on some linguistics, especially on the topic of downward and upward convergence.

In short, you need to be adapting more to your company in terms of language and knowledge. This is a skill that few intellectuals posess and is why even the most "intelligent" people are social retards, geeks...and virgins.

Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skweints
Hah, yeah... see, your problem is, you say your smart, you hold yourself up higher than everybody else. And then you wonder why everybody else has a problem with it. Basically, what you are doing, is bragging about yourself, ironically, in an attempt to get someone to agree with you and make you feel better inside. How do I know this? I used to be the same way. You're bragging about yourself for acceptance. Well, son, nobody wants to hear it. I mean, honestly, who gives a F*CK if water moves or not? What a boring ass topic of conversation. People don't care about how "smart" you are. They'll care if you're a fun guy to hang out with, though. Who cares about your "philisophical views on life." Who cares that you think you're a "deep" person. That's why nobody wants to talk to you.

You asked for the advice, and if you can't take it, which you'll probably get pissy about because I know how much it hurts when someone insults my intelligents, much like what I'm doing to you right now, but my best advice for that is to suck it up, and swallow it down with your pride.
I can handle it, if not I wouldn't be asking for advice.
Good idea.
Originally posted by MetalFortress
==================*I use words that are too big and they get confused

---So learn how to use simple words. The mark of true intelligence is being able to make a total simpleton understand the most abstract concepts.

*I use words they do not know the meaning of

---So stop using them if you know they aren't going to understand them.

*I'm talking about something they do not know about

---So talk about a topic they can relate to.

*I think more than they do...I notice things about the world they do not. Thus meaning I'm more imaginative or creative.

---If you thought as much as you think you do, then you would have thought out how to fix this problem already. Where's your imagination when it's time to imagine a way to get out of this?

*Have more of a philosophy about life

---not MORE of one. Just a different one.

*Just have a more diverse knowledge than some others. Ex: Water does not actually move...(Okay guys I'm NOT going to explain this now)

---Not only is that elitism, but that's not even correct. If water doesn't really move, then explain to me why me aiming a high pressure hose at your face would hurt like hell.

*I am a MUCH more deep person than the person I am talking to.

---No, you are just ASSUMING you are. No wonder nobody wants to hang out with you. You don't know the meaning of the words "humility" or "common sense". Life is more than just book knowledge. Instinct is just as important.

quote:
Originally posted by DrBeard
U gotta talk street, mix some rhymes to a beat, kicking it like a pimp, not sum intellectual symp. Get with da freestyle rap, cus yo poncey boy talk is crap. You can dance the dance and do the walk, but da chicks go wild for da gangsta talk!

Word!

Coo! Coo! Coo!
Actually MetalFortress I did, I just know that there's smarter people than me. And sorry for not specifying this but I meant in the ocean. What Checkmatekiduk said was right. And by the way I do not think I am the SupremeIntellectualOfTheUniverse, I just noticed FOR MY AGE that I seemed to know a bit more. When you said I am assuming, that's correct.
Good advice though, just wanted to clear that up.
Orginally posted by Rgeere
You sounds like you suffer from some sort of high-level autism such as asperger syndrome.

This is not a diagnosis, only an observation.
It sounds like a meet some of the symptoms, but then wouldn't I have been notified about this from my parents, doctor or teachers? Or someone that noticed I acted that way? I searched it and I don't invade personal space. (it was one of the symptoms.)
Oringally posted by GlutusMaximus86
My mom has relatively the same problem and so does my cousin (somewhat). My mom loves to brag about all her computer skills, math skills etc, loves to use big words, and, probably her personal favorite, is she loves correct people. She also seems to look down on people whose jobs are "lower" then hers, although it does seem to be focused almost entirely on teachers and nurses. While she does seem to have somewhat of a good idea of what she can and can't do, just about everyone that meets her would say that she comes off as very arrogant. However up until recently it seems, my mom had almost no idea how arrogant she came off as to other people. But now that she has somewhat of an idea as to how she can come off to other people, she has changed her attitude a little bit, but for the most part she seems to more have embarced it (she'll talk about how arrogant she is now, where as before she never even brought that up).

This might not be relevant but, I needed to vent and also this somewhat of a good example as to how people might see you through their eyes.
That is relevant, I seem to be a bit similar. I need to think how people see me, and then change to how I want to be viewed.

Ah, I don't want to do all the quotes so I'll just send my replies out.

Bonhomme: Yes, I need to work on social skills.

Keeper: I'm going to record myself and change my voice to how I want it to sound. Or buy that DeAngelo training tape. Thanks for the idea.

Earthshyne: Yeah, and I'll try to think before I speak. So people understand what I'm saying.

Arq-dj1: I don't claim to be 'so smart', I only said that I have a problem communicating on a less intellectual basis. (God how else could I phrase that?!)

But the rest you said was heplful, thanks.

EverywhereMan: Great idea, that's really helpful. I'll have to try and do that. Thanks man.

Julian: I was talking about WAVES, sorry for not specifying this. I knew you guys would ask about it
:rolleyes:

Cablelight: WAVES

Checkmatekiduk: <--- Smart.

Jariel: I'm not really a geek, maybe I sounded like one in this post. I'm just unhappy with my social skills. I'll read up on lingustics, thanks.

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: too smart?

Originally posted by MetalFortress
==================*I use words that are too big and they get confused

---So learn how to use simple words. The mark of true intelligence is being able to make a total simpleton understand the most abstract concepts.

---So stop using them if you know they aren't going to understand them.

---So talk about a topic they can relate to.

*I think more than they do...I notice things about the world they do not. Thus meaning I'm more imaginative or creative.

---If you thought as much as you think you do, then you would have thought out how to fix this problem already. Where's your imagination when it's time to imagine a way to get out of this?

---not MORE of one. Just a different one.

---No, you are just ASSUMING you are. No wonder nobody wants to hang out with you. You don't know the meaning of the words "humility" or "common sense". Life is more than just book knowledge. Instinct is just as important.

Coo! Coo! Coo!
Word.

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know how Bill Clinton became American president, and now gets paid $2 million for a 1-hour speech?

He knows how to translate nerd-talk into common English.

However if you enjoy your nerd-speak too much, you can always become an ivory tower college professor. But you can forget about having a social life and women.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when you make people look smaller than you, theyre automatically going to dislike you, you just dont do that that, it doesnt fly with people.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What about waves?

EverywhereMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone else answered this on this thread. Water in the sea stay doesn't move much, it's the wave that moves. It's an energy form that travels through a medium, in this case, of water. (Water waves are actually both tranversal and longitudinal, something I didn't know before. This is the site that told me, it has some nice animations).

The original poster said "it doesn't move", which is wrong, because like you said, particles are always moving. (Our bodies, the desk, the window, all these have temperature above absolute zero, so the molecules and atoms they are made of are always moving).

Of course, diffusion also occurs in the water. Diffusion is how you can smell a fart so quickly; it's millions of particles hitting eachother so that they spread out.

This is why it's helpful to define 'vibrate' as the random energy that a particle has, but causes it to move nowhere overall, and 'moving'. The fact that the water is not at absolute zero means that it's particles 'vibrate', but diffusion means that they also 'move'.

Pretty much standard GCSE (in UK, you take these exams when you are SIXTEEN) physics. Interesting stuff though.

usedtolurk

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the opposite problem. People get offended when I "dumb down" things for them. I don't do it to be condescending, I do it because I assume that they may not know what I'm talking about if I don't spell it out for them. This is a lose-lose situation. :(

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by EverywhereMan
Someone else answered this on this thread. Water in the sea stay doesn't move much, it's the wave that moves. It's an energy form that travels through a medium, in this case, of water. (Water waves are actually both tranversal and longitudinal, something I didn't know before. This is the site that told me, it has some nice animations).

The original poster said "it doesn't move", which is wrong, because like you said, particles are always moving. (Our bodies, the desk, the window, all these have temperature above absolute zero, so the molecules and atoms they are made of are always moving).

Of course, diffusion also occurs in the water. Diffusion is how you can smell a fart so quickly; it's millions of particles hitting eachother so that they spread out.

This is why it's helpful to define 'vibrate' as the random energy that a particle has, but causes it to move nowhere overall, and 'moving'. The fact that the water is not at absolute zero means that it's particles 'vibrate', but diffusion means that they also 'move'.

Pretty much standard GCSE (in UK, you take these exams when you are SIXTEEN) physics. Interesting stuff though.
Right on :)

Julius_Caesar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Everybody thinks they are hella smart. I know people who can't do basic math fo' sh!t, but they think they are smart. I have mixed with people who could be considered "stoners" and "nerds", everybody thinks they are smart and that everybody else is dumb. It is a load of sh!t. Big IQ doesn't mean anything to anybody, unless they feel inadequet or something. Big vocabulary doesn't mean you are intelligent. Just because you read Nietzche doesn't mean you have life "all figured out"

I can tell you from experience, I "thought" I was smarter than everybody else because I read philosophy or had a 163 IQ, or some other sh!t, but if you give people a chance, you will find that most people are nice, fun, intelligent human beings. I held myself back like you because I was full of my own intellect. It was a little mental high everytime I did something better than everyone else. That is not a way to live.

Basically, intellectuals need to get over themselves and their HUGE intellectual-ego. It only separates us from each other, the chicas calientes included.

You basically gotta just become a world class jokester, find some friends that are funnier than you are, and hang out, let go, and have fun. Nobody ever stops being your friend for being too much fun, but if you act like you are smarter or deeper or whatever, don't expect to get invited to that party.

fer shizzel <----LoL

Originally posted by DrBeard
U gotta talk street, mix some rhymes to a beat, kicking it like a pimp, not sum intellectual symp. Get with da freestyle rap, cus yo poncey boy talk is crap. You can dance the dance and do the walk, but da chicks go wild for da gangsta talk!
For a pigeon you rhyme like a P I M P

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're so intelligent, why haven't you figured out how to be a better conversationalist? :)

You don't become happy by being smart, quite the opposite as a matter of fact. Thinking/overanalysing is the father of AFC behaviour. Learn to be in the moment and to use your brain for the proper things when needed.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
smokin weed will dull the brain down a bit and make you chill out. give it a try.

Devestator

Don Juan
Reaction score
The distribution of IQ among men and women is differnet. Basically, women are more clustered around average and men are more clustered around the extremes but the average for both is about 100.

This means that if you are retarded or a genius, there are fewer women than men (4:1 ratio). A sausage-fest exists at both extremes.

If you're as smart as you say you are, there's 2 solutions: out-dj intellectual men so you can find a girl you connect with on your level. There is more competition, but (apparently) the competition is weak.

Or, you can adopt average human intelligence as mental sub-routines used to get hb's of average intelligence. Use superior intellect sparingly and only to crush them when they do mind games.

:):):):):)

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Bonhomme: You recall it right. Asperger's syndrome has like a whole bunch of symptoms though and in some cases some symptoms are worse and others arent too much of a problem. I got Asperger's, too, but I'm fairly good (as in like a "normal" person)at reading facial expressions or getting other types of social cues and I can read between the lines, too and hardly ever take things literally when i shouldnt(thats another 2 symptoms closely related to the social cues thing, I guess). The only 2 things I took way too literally (that I can remember) were when a girl asked me if I knew somebody she could go home with and I didnt get she was talking about me (lol) or when my friend said bout another friend "he's crying" "damn he's crying like a baby" and I thought he was actually crying, not just acting like a ***** :D.

Other than that I've always had a harder time fitting in than other people, but I'm basically pretty good with people

@Void: I can't really judge how you act in real life (if you act a little too full of yourself like most people here think), but chances are you have either Asperger's or another form of autism (Asperger's is actually a slight form of it). I know where you're coming from but these other guys are right: You really need to work on your "emotional intelligence". I mean great analytical skills are great for studying in the classroom (or by yourself) but emotional intelligence/knowing how to behave in social situations is a whole different story, which you can learn to adapt, too, if you try, however. You gotta take notice of the things ppl dont like (which you already did obviously...plus dont tell things like you have an above average IQ to ppl..it doesnt matter..its just something thatll make ppl think ure full of urself if u mention it). Just see it as a challenge. Chances are you had an easy time passing tests in school and maybe youll be a good worker with a high income...cause all these things came very easily for you, but then again social situations and being good with ppl comes harder for you. You see? its not even that unfair ;-)

P.S.: Is making eyecontact an awkward feeling for you? Plus, would you say you are overly ambitious in some hobbies (that might seem strange to other ppl) if something sparks your interest?

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
your a boring guy with a huge fantasy life.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Void
Okay I'm not here to brag or anything but to get advice.
========================
Lately, I've noticed that some people don't like talking to me because of the following reasons:

*I use words that are too big and they get confused

Basically it makes me have a hard time trying to communicate with others, not just girls. I've gotten a bit better at socializing but I'm still not good. And I do know I have an above average IQ.
I do not usually ask for advice, but this is important for life in general.

Any ideas guys?
Any ideas, yeah. All I heard was...Im not bragging but im smarter, im better, I know more brag brag brag..Im the ****, IM so f'n smart. Get my drift. You sound like a real tool

upcomingDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
you're not smart.. you're being an ignorant prick... CHARISMA is all you need... sh*t i could switch up my language like it's nothing.. i adapt to my environment. It all depends on the person i'm talkin to...i talk differently to my guy friends than to girls... you're gonna make yourself look superior and you don't want to do that..."A would-be king holds himself above the masses. A true prince walks among them"