"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Too much nexting?

trevjr

Don Juan
Joined
May 5, 2003
Messages
66
Reaction score
1
Location
Bay Area, CA
I was thinking about how Roosevelt went to Eleanor's house every day for a week trying to meet her. She refused to let him in until after a week she wore down and let him in to tell him it was useless. Of course he married her and created one of the greatest marriages of all times.
I agree there are some situations where one must next quickly but in some cases I think we have to persue the woman a little.
I am in a situation now where everything tells me, NEXT, but I feel this woman is worth a little trouble. Sure she has some non-idea situations, on the rebound is the biggest, but what am I living for if I want to have a easy life. I am ignoring all of the advice about nexting and there are billions of women left and I am going to chase her till the ends of the earth. It might not work but I won't regret not trying later.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

One on One

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2003
Messages
1,172
Reaction score
3
Location
Omnipresent
Remember that NEXTing a girl does not mean you are completely eliminating her as an option. You are just moving her to the bottom of your list. NEXTing just means that you forget about her for a while and then she'll come crawling back to you. Take a few weeks off from her. If you're clingy, she'll run like hell. I think it was squirrels who had an excellent post on NEXTing, search for it.
 

Santos

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 16, 2003
Messages
421
Reaction score
2
Yeah don't next a girl unless you're certain she wants to "just be friends" or you've heard she's trouble. Especially if you are learning like I am, opportunities come along rarely, so make the most of them. And learn.

Santos
 

stormwriter

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
239
Reaction score
0
Location
Portland, OR
Trev,

>> I am going to chase her till the ends of the earth. It might not work but I won't regret not trying

That's good and everything, but just be warned that it might backfire. Conventional wisdom (and Hollywood movie drama) suggests that when you chase a girl that's not interested, eventually she will "come to her senses" and realize you are her knight in shining armor and fall for you, and your persistance.

However, this doesn't happen too often in real life.
Go ahead and try. That's cool, but don't go after her in a desperate or obsessive way. Know what i mean?

About NEXTing: I regret NEXTing some chicks too fast. The ones that give up the bootay too fast, in general. One girl was the best oral i have ever gotten, but less than two weeks later, i told her i was done with her. Ugh, that was a regret, cause i could have kept the oral coming for another couple more weeks! haha.

(that's a terrible story to admit, but just shows how guys think sometimes. She was cool, but was getting WAYYYY too clingy, and had WAY too much baggage, so i thought i'd better NEXT her for her own good...)
 

trevjr

Don Juan
Joined
May 5, 2003
Messages
66
Reaction score
1
Location
Bay Area, CA
Really good comments.
I meant chase in a poetic sense.
I will give her lots of space and be C&F.
Stormw, you are exactly right about not being desperate or obsessive.
She needs to see what a great guy I am with or without her.
I have heard stories of the 'chase' that worked but I bet this is a small percentage.
So does NEXT mean that you don't call and wait for her call?
I am interested in the different definitions that seem to be here.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Top