Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

toning

azn_dj11

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey i ve got a questions.

im 5'4 and 140"
i really want to be cut.
i only work out like once a week in the gym and i do all my upper body parts.i mean all.
is this ok?

i never work on my legs though.
do we a have to work out our whole body, what if we dont?
i mean ive got pretty big leg muscles and cavs. becuase i use to play soccer 6 years ago.
so do i have to workout my legs ro not?

and does doing pushups help you get CUT?

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What? No flames yet? Well, I'll be the first.

Look brother, you cannot spot "tone" your body. Your muscle only grows or not. You can't mold it to be lean by exercising the freak out of it. If you want to be CUT, then follow Diesel's guide to cutting (do a search). And that means you need to remove the fat off your body by working on your diet.

Also, in regards to legs, it's really up to you. It's your body, you should do whatever you feel is good.

Big N

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would suggest squatting and deadlifting for an important reason that pertains to your goal. Your goal is to get ripped. To do that, you need to consistently burn more calories than you take in. Now, squatting and deadlifting use up more calories than any other exercise. Therefore, they will help your overall muscle definition by increasing the amount of calories you burn, which will make you more cut.

Big N

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
also, you should consider splitting up your workout, since there is no way you can be getting the best results by working all your upper body on one day. I mean, I did chest & biceps today and I was about ready to puke afterwords. If youre doing your entire upper body at once, you probably arent working out hard enough. Therefore, split your workout into 3 or more sessions per week, so that you can train your entire body at maximum effort.

God dammit, I forgot to mention one more thing. Forget pushups. They suck. The only way I can see them being good is if you found a way to add weight to your back so that you would hit failure by the 8th rep or so. Maybe if you wore a backpack and put 2 45lb plates. Bottom line - do bench presses instead.