Tonight is the night.

jookins

Don Juan
Reaction score
I decided I am not gonna care what other people think of me. i'm gonna break through and kill whats been stopping me from being me. I have always been scared of people thinking funny of me and caring too much, and lately i've been controlling that feeling a little and i've been much happier. I decided to write down my goals but I thought it would be better to post them. So here they are..

1. Not care what anyone else thinks.
2. Put my social skills through the roof and enjoy it.
3. Take time to do the things I want before I slave to the world.
4. Spend money on ME! The old me always worried about money and felt guilty when I spent money. thats what its for! So lately i've been getting whatever I feel like getting and have been a lot less stressed, I needed stuff for my face, bought it, I need clothes and shoes, i'll buy it..

I have been working on talking to strangers more, girls, guys, whoever. Talking to people at my work more too, and the more I do, the more I care less about having to impress someone, the less worrying the happier I am. I've been noticing that sincei 've been mroe ME and doing what i please., rather then being scared and not talking, the more people find me funny, and the more respect I get. a lot more. its sad that the last week i've been happier than i have in a long time. a lot more worry-free and such.. so i want to start doing the bootcamp to measure up some progress and help me break through. I will give ya guys updates.

jookins

Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel great. my ex got ahold of me, I went about my happy self and we talked about things, she pretended to not care about the whole situation and I really didnt care, then she broke down and confessed everything. I thought it was pretty funny. oh well. good night ya'll

TACH

Don Juan
Reaction score
So there's this new you, now. Sounds like things are going well for you. Watch that ex though, I wouldn't bother much with her if I were you, nothing like a lady to pull you back into old habits, be careful.

jookins

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the support :).
unfortunatly i cant start the bootcamp today. i am gonna be very busy.

jookins

Don Juan
Reaction score
Starting the bootcamp. i'll be starting the bootcamp officially on thursday.
Week 1: Establishing Eye Contact and greet 50 strangers.
Luckily i've been working at Gamestop for about a month, where we have to talk to customers and greet every single one of them, when I first started I was extremely scared and shy, but it's helped me get over that fear a bit, so I naturally greet people out in public, so this shouldnt be too hard for me. Just gives me a chance to brush up on these skills more. So I am gonna aim for 75 at least instead of 50, of course out in public, not counting in my work. I have been working on talking up more at work to get over this and thats also helping.

jookins

Don Juan
Reaction score
THURSDAY: DAY 1

I've been home sleeping all day as I was up all night then I had practice till 8:30 so I didnt get much in today, except, I just went to Osco and got a conversation going with a worker there, saying hi wouldnt have meant much because i'm a regular there so I got a conversation going which was hard for me to do, it went good, about 1 minute long. Then I also had a conversation going with the cashier and then said hello to a HB6 that walked in the door and but the body language she was giving off was stuck up and *****y, she just kinda looked at me and walked by but i didnt let it get to me so I turned back and continued our conversation. So, I guess that counts as two, since you usually say hello to a cashier, but I got a conversation going just to push myself.

jookins

Don Juan
Reaction score
Went through a drive in at a fast food place and had a conversation with the person at the window.. doing pretty good.

chance

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey man that is great. keep it up. get that talking going as well as that confidence. confidence is so powerful when you have full control of it :D

jookins

Don Juan
Reaction score
Got 10 today, said hi to one HB8 which i actually wasnt intimidated and she seemed shy and kinda blushed.

jookins

Don Juan
Reaction score
3 more just walking in and out of QT. thats 15 total.

i'm starting to be proud of myself. i was walking out of QT and saw a hb7 walking towards the door fast and i said "hows it goin?" without even thinking and i spoke up too which is something i've had a problem with. i didnt even think about it, it just happened, and i wasnt nervous at all.

FatBastard

Banned
Reaction score
Let me congratulate you. You can't eat a burger without ketchup. But you can eat bologna without mayonaise. Remember that.

jookins

Don Juan
Reaction score
4 more just goin in and out of walmart, its hard when people are grumpy and dont really respond much. but i didnt let it get me down.

jookins

Don Juan
Reaction score
3 more at walmart again. 24 total. next two days i gotta go out and practice to get up to 50. i only have two more days left!

jookins

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great success tonight! I had to run to walmart again to pick up a few things. Even though i've been making a bit of progres, there's so many opportunities i've been wasting, and I could probably get 50 in a day if I just took every opportunity. So I decided to go all out, I greeted 14 people and just about every single one of them replied nicely, the more I practice the better response I get! I also got a conversation going with a guy unloading pallets or something, and a conversation with the cashier lady.

End of Tuesday.

Total for the whole day: 17
Total: 38

Only 12 more to reach 50 which seems like barely any now, and I have 2 full days left. I will push myself and go further than the goal.

jookins

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have completed week 1, I know for sure I have over 50. I am still greeting people and making eye contact of course, with ease, I walk through the mall not thinking that I look funny or i'm ackward but i walk with confidence, and tonight I realized this by getting a HB8 to hold eye contact with me for about 5 seconds and her body language made me feel that she wanted me to go over there, unfortunatly she was on the other side of the mall of the mall, and we were walking opposite directions. When I thought about flagging her over to me it was too late, I grabbed my friend and turned around and started going back but it was too far and I thought oh well there's plenty of girls. That made me feel great, because the girl looked about 18-19 too, and I am 16, but look a bit older. I wanna say this was a great week 1 and will continue practicing what I learned in it. I will start Week 2 now.