"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Tomorrow will be different

triple_ultima

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 1, 2002
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
South Orange, NJ
Tomorrow I will wake up and everything will have changed. Nothing will be as it was today - I won't even recognize myself.

The disappointment ends tomorrow. Too long have I been savvy to the Don Juan way of life without actually living it. Too long have I been lazy by succumbing to being an AFC because it was the path of least resistance; the path with the least risk. Too long has this caused me more problems than I could have ever anticipated.

I'm tired of it.

Tomorrow will be different. Tomorrow I will awake as a new man. Gone will be the hollow shell of a man that was.

For I have realized the error of my ways. I have realized that the way I have been living my life is dangerously unhealthy. I've unwittingly become a sociopath, and I hate it.

But tomorrow, my dear friends, is a new day, filled with an endless amount of possibilities; filled with new people to meet, new things to see, new things to do and places to discover. Tomorrow is so limitless that it seems overwhelming at times, but I can handle it.

I can handle it because I AM a Don Juan. I AM the alpha male. I AM everything that makes a man great.

This hasn't come out of nowhere - let me tell you a story.

This is a story of a stupid, spineless little man who ruined his own life.

This is my story.

I met a girl. It was over the summer at my college orientation, and we hit it off immediately. I was sitting on a bench by myself, taking a break from being a happy little socialite and just enjoying the night air. Out of nowhere she came and sat next to me; I noticed she was smoking, and since I had forgot my cigarettes at home, I asked her for one.

Like I said, we hit it off immediately. We ended up spending the rest of the night together - we didn't sleep at all. No, we didn't have sex or anything, just light kissing, cuddling, flirty stuff.

Naturally, I got her phone number, and she ended up calling me pretty often. I went back to my home in New Mexico a few days later (she lives in New Jersey, where I currently live), but we still talked on the phone. Every day.

Somewhere along the line we got pretty involved. So involved, in fact, that she decided she couldn't stand not seeing me anymore and bought a plane ticket to New Mexico. She came out for a week, and we had alot of fun. During this week was when I lost my virginity to her, although she could not give me the same satisfaction.

She stayed at my house in New Mexico for a week and then returned to New Jersey. We still talked on the phone of course, though we wouldn't be for very much longer because I would be moving out there in two weeks.

The two weeks flew, and in no time I was on the plane to New Jersey, my entire life stuffed into five small suitcases. We had talked the night before and were both disappointed that she couldn't meet me at the airport, but resolved that we would definitely see each other at move-in day, since we both attend the same school.

Well, she surprised me by meeting me at the airport anyway. She was there, and we were both incredibly excited.

Throughout the next week, we naturally saw alot of each other...in fact, we spent nearly every waking moment together. Something went wrong during this time however...something went wrong with me.

I started being very temperamental and clingy. I found something wrong with everything she did. She never paid enough attention to me. She was rude to me around other people. She didn't hold my hand sometimes. She didn't kiss me very well. Name it, and I can guarantee I had a complaint about it.

Needless to say, this was a major turn off for her, and she basically broke up with me. As I was already in such a pathetic state, this devastated me. I moped around forever - I would simply wake up, go to class, come back to my dorm, change back into my pajamas, and sleep/cry the rest of the day away. I refused to even shower or eat.

Suddenly, however, I snapped out of it. I got out of bed, took a shower, got dressed, and went to a party. Boy, did I have a wonderful time. Such a wonderful time, in fact, that the girl noticed and immediately came back to me after seeing what a fun person I can really be.

Now another week has gone by. I have been doing very well thus far - haven't been too clingy or needy, been very cheerful and ****y, all around a fun guy to be with. Tonight, however, I noticed my old ways starting to creep back. I was getting irritated when she didn't make a move to hold my hand while we were walking...I would get pissy if she didn't sit close enough to me or leaned in the opposite direction. When she was tired and laid down in her bed to try to sleep, I laid next to her and tried to get her to talk to me, getting angry when she wouldn't.

I should have just left. Said goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow. Tomorrow, when everything will be different. When I won't be this way anymore.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

david90

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
Don't expect to change much in one day. It takes time to incorporate dj atitute into your life.

Don't expect too much cuz you'll be dissapointed and sad when you don't get what you've expected.
 

triple_ultima

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 1, 2002
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
South Orange, NJ
Bump because it took me a long time to write this and I want to hear from more people.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2002
Messages
665
Reaction score
0
Location
Hermosa Beach, CA
You are operating from a Frame of Scarcity as opposed to a Frame of Plenty. If you had plenty of girls, you wouldn't BE clingy or needy.

Until such a time arises and when you've created/live the Lifestyle, you will still have those AFC tendencies. You will have to fight those chump impulses until you become true, blue PUA.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Don't forget your $1600 phone bill ;)

and...

Don't forget your friends :(
 
Top