Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tom Leykis & Rollo Tomassi

Bullbearpig

Don Juan
Reaction score
After hearing Toms radio shows from the early 2000s, it seems like Rollo just copied everything for The Rational Male from Tom.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men and women have been getting together for a while.

What works today is what worked 1000 years ago.

Problems today are same problems 1000 years ago.

Same Karate instructors have been teaching the same stuff over and over, as have math teachers, etc.

PUA authors like to put their own spin and experience on it, invent new definitions for older stuff, etc.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Perhaps, but the difference between Tom Leykis and Rollo Tomassi is that Rollo is not always upselling or trying to sell you something. Or, calling you a free loader for listening to his program. TBH, I used to like Rich Cooper, Donavan Sharpe and George Bruno as well. But they are now all upselling shirts, BS pheromone soap (Rollo says it's BS too), a pay to play community, "coach" sessions, and some fagfest convention now twice a year. All these guys started to help men out for a greater good. Now, aside from Rollo, they're just as bad as some ladies are in terms of taking advantage of beta guys and separating them from $$$. This Cooper guy is charging 10 dollars a minute to speak to him; and 25 bucks a month to enter in his community. This soap all but Rollo are pushing is 10 bucks a bar. It's seriously hilarious on how some in the red pill "manisphere" are taking advantage of guys who are there who need help.

Rollo even encourages people to share his book. Rollo is a stand up man in my book. These other clowns should be ashamed of themselves.

For some enjoyment:

https://www.youtube.com/user/EntrepreneursInCars
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc7-Rr-wSO530znK2ny05JQ
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCghz8w8iOn3PDpYi9QuC3bQ

I'm all for people making money, but not like the three clowns above. The sad thing is, people are falling for it. Rollo is the only one worth his salt. All others are posers and in for the money grab.

kbbroiler1971

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are similarities between Tom and Rollo. First, they both have saved lives. Men have thought of suicide and heard Tom and read Rollo's books which brought them back. Also another important note. Tom started it all. Tom was talking about this stuff in the mid 90's before there was a Manosphere and all the taboo subjects were on Tom's radio show. Everyone who came after mostly heard of whom Tom Leykis was. Remember no social media or YouTube back then. You listen to some of these content creators on YouTube and they will mention Tom as their awakening point. So did Rollo copy? No. He was influenced by Tom like the other creators were. I believe they are both important in the Manosphere and so are other creators. Maybe some creators or bloggers were influenced by someone but to say they are copying word for word is a little off base.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
There are similarities between Tom and Rollo. First, they both have saved lives. Men have thought of suicide and heard Tom and read Rollo's books which brought them back. Also another important note. Tom started it all. Tom was talking about this stuff in the mid 90's before there was a Manosphere and all the taboo subjects were on Tom's radio show. Everyone who came after mostly heard of whom Tom Leykis was. Remember no social media or YouTube back then. You listen to some of these content creators on YouTube and they will mention Tom as their awakening point. So did Rollo copy? No. He was influenced by Tom like the other creators were. I believe they are both important in the Manosphere and so are other creators. Maybe some creators or bloggers were influenced by someone but to say they are copying word for word is a little off base.
You don't think Tom missed the boat on the Internet podcasts and adaption to Youtube?

kbbroiler1971

Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't think Tom missed the boat on the Internet podcasts and adaption to Youtube?
Yes and no because one thing that people forget is the radio industry went south when Howard Stern left terrestrial radio. It affected everyone who was a talent on the radio including Tom. The thing with Tom on the radio and where it was effective is anyone could tune in and so you would have women tune in be outraged and phone in. With his live stream obviously it is really hard to have something like that happen. The live stream fans would listen too but the haters wouldn't go out of the way to find him. They find him in the spur of the moment. I think Tom did miss the boat maybe on the fact he still follows his Leykis 101 dating rules. Yes guys still date but where the miss happened is there is a lot more MGTOW men now than there are guys dating. Guys do not ask women out on dates anymore because a lot feel it is too much work. When the PUA culture was at its best, Tom's advice worked. Now with MeToo, MGTOW and the hookup culture dating is really nonexistent. I know guys on this forum practice game on a regular basis but then there is the guys like me who is like I could be doing other things. I read Roosh's book game and it was right on point but the time you have to put aside to game on a weekly basis is just too much work for a lot of guys. I was a regular listener to Tom when his stream went online in 2012 but year after year I felt like the advice was dated for me. I didn't have the desire to date and the last time I went on a date was in 2005. In 2004 I discovered the Tom Leykis show. I've had friends with benefits but no dating.. Plus the last LTR I had was in 2002.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Yes and no because one thing that people forget is the radio industry went south when Howard Stern left terrestrial radio. It affected everyone who was a talent on the radio including Tom. The thing with Tom on the radio and where it was effective is anyone could tune in and so you would have women tune in be outraged and phone in. With his live stream obviously it is really hard to have something like that happen. The live stream fans would listen too but the haters wouldn't go out of the way to find him. They find him in the spur of the moment. I think Tom did miss the boat maybe on the fact he still follows his Leykis 101 dating rules. Yes guys still date but where the miss happened is there is a lot more MGTOW men now than there are guys dating. Guys do not ask women out on dates anymore because a lot feel it is too much work. When the PUA culture was at its best, Tom's advice worked. Now with MeToo, MGTOW and the hookup culture dating is really nonexistent. I know guys on this forum practice game on a regular basis but then there is the guys like me who is like I could be doing other things. I read Roosh's book game and it was right on point but the time you have to put aside to game on a weekly basis is just too much work for a lot of guys. I was a regular listener to Tom when his stream went online in 2012 but year after year I felt like the advice was dated for me. I didn't have the desire to date and the last time I went on a date was in 2005. In 2004 I discovered the Tom Leykis show. I've had friends with benefits but no dating.. Plus the last LTR I had was in 2002.
Very true. I think it could be a reason why his online broadcast went to a paid model. He's not really updated with the times nor the technology. His ego got in the way with his show too.

Bullbearpig

Don Juan
Reaction score
[QUOTE="kbbroiler1971, post: 2618285, member: Maybe some creators or bloggers were influenced by someone but to say they are copying word for word is a little off base.[/QUOTE]

Tom was specifically saying to "spin plates" back in the early 2000s.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
[QUOTE="kbbroiler1971, post: 2618285, member: Maybe some creators or bloggers were influenced by someone but to say they are copying word for word is a little off base.
Tom was specifically saying to "spin plates" back in the early 2000s.[/QUOTE]

I would agree. I think others have used him as a basis and just expanded. I think Rollo even said that on a recent redman group video.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The idea of "spinning plates" is not new. The idea of dating more girls at once until you are settled on one that is "good enough" is not new.

I remember various guys back in the 90's advocating dating more than one girl at once to bolster confidence.

It's not exactly a cutting edge idea.

The song, "Shop Around" came out in 1960, which is basically the same idea.

The core principles are all the same. But different people put their own spin on them, and make them more accessible to different audience.

No PUA today or even 100 years ago has actually INVENTED any new ideas.

Leykis may have independently "discovered" these same concepts, but men and women have been dating for thousands of years.

I'd suggest focusing on principles rather than trying to out fan boy each other.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
The idea of "spinning plates" is not new. The idea of dating more girls at once until you are settled on one that is "good enough" is not new.

I remember various guys back in the 90's advocating dating more than one girl at once to bolster confidence.

It's not exactly a cutting edge idea.

The song, "Shop Around" came out in 1960, which is basically the same idea.

The core principles are all the same. But different people put their own spin on them, and make them more accessible to different audience.

No PUA today or even 100 years ago has actually INVENTED any new ideas.

Leykis may have independently "discovered" these same concepts, but men and women have been dating for thousands of years.

I'd suggest focusing on principles rather than trying to out fan boy each other.
Fanboys united? Lol.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score