Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tom Ford's 3 Rules of Fragrance

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
There's not a moment of my life when I'm not wearing a fragrance. I have 59 different colognes, and for me, there's something therapeutic about wearing them.

Here, Tom Ford gives his Three Rules of Fragrance.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's see: the guy sells perfume at $500 per bottle. He recommends that you wear it often apply liberally. Makes perfect sense :lol:

IMO, slathering yourself with cologne is the antithesis of good taste. I hate walking into an elevator with "that guy".

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a dude that lives in my building that leaves a STRONG lingering remnant after he's long gone for work.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
If you're going with a Tom Ford fragrance, I recommend Costa Azzurra - for those hot summer days at the beach. The luscious latinas will love it.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's not a moment of my life when I'm not wearing a fragrance. I have 59 different colognes, and for me, there's something therapeutic about wearing them.

Here, Tom Ford gives his Three Rules of Fragrance.

I am pro-wearing cologne if done right. This means wearing a cologne that fits your skin's pH level and vibe/style overall. It also means wearing moderately and placed on the right places (on the neck area behind ear lobes and wrists aka places where heat radiates).

I own a collection of about 40 which includes Creed's Aventus, Chanel's Bleu, YSLs Homme, Dolce Gabbana's The One, among many other top colognes, and others a bit more obscure. Are they expensive? Yes. Especially because I advocate for the higher concentration which is Parfum but they last years.

I recently acquired a local brand that smells like Pine and Leather which is exquisite.

Last but not least, I also wear cologne every day and tend to either switch it up or mix scents. The problem is there is that you really need to be applying moderately so you're not taking over every place you go. Not everyone is a fan of colognes, and some are allergic to them.

My two cents.

Modern Man Advice

Last edited:

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3 sprays. 1 to each side of the neck, 1 directly on top of the shirt your wearing

mjb3617

Don Juan
Reaction score
Recently picked up a bottle of Versace Eros Parfum.

Quite happy with it. It's become my everyday cologne

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
Recently picked up a bottle of Versace Eros Parfum.

Quite happy with it. It's become my everyday cologne
It's funny you mention that. My tailor wears that as his signature also.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't advocate for any specific number of sprays one needs. I think it depends on whether their skin absorbs more fragrance or not. I need to put on at least 8 sprays. My skin eats the fragrance up.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
I don't wear any cologne older than 2016, except one. Chanel's Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme came out in 2012.

If you want to smell good and get compliments any time of year, at any occasion, wear this.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am pro-wearing cologne if done right. This means wearing a cologne that fits your skin's pH level and vibe/style overall. It also means wearing moderately and placed on the right places (on the neck area behind ear lobes and wrists aka places where heat radiates).

I own a collection of about 40 which includes Creed's Aventus, Chanel's Bleu, YSLs Homme, Dolce Gabbana's The One, among many other top colognes, and others a bit more obscure. Are they expensive? Yes. Especially because I advocate for the higher concentration which is Parfum but they last years.

I recently acquired a local brand that smells like Pine and Leather which is exquisite.

Last but not least, I also wear cologne every day and tend to either switch it up or mix scents. The problem is there is that you really need to be applying moderately so you're not taking over every place you go. Not everyone is a fan of colognes, and some are allergic to them.

My two cents.

Modern Man Advice
IMO, a man should only wear cologne when going out in the evening. And like you said, it should be applied in moderation. In other words, it should only be detectable to your date but NOT the folks at the next table. Cologne in an office/professional setting is a big no-no.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
I wear Tom Ford among other things.

*ucking Fabulous is a go to scent. Always smell good. No excuse not to.
That's a great one. I'm sure you know about Daisy by Marc Jacobs. Came out in 2007, but doesn't smell dated at all.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a great one. I'm sure you know about Daisy by Marc Jacobs. Came out in 2007, but doesn't smell dated at all.
Wanna hear something funny? My go to scent since the 90’s is Narcisse by Chloe. It’s now dc’d and hard to find. Daisy is classic…

I like Jasmine Rouge by Tom Ford too. Heavy heady floral.

On men the Creed scents are money.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
Wanna hear something funny? My go to scent since the 90’s is Narcisse by Chloe. It’s now dc’d and hard to find. Daisy is classic…

I like Jasmine Rouge by Tom Ford too. Heavy heady floral.

On men the Creed scents are money.
Narcisse is great. You may like Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb.

Creed, a few years ago, sold to a hedge fund. The Creed family is now only a small minority owner, IIRC. Quality has gone downhill. I have a bottle of Millesime Imperial from years ago that I love. That sea salty watermelon is something else.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't advocate for any specific number of sprays one needs. I think it depends on whether their skin absorbs more fragrance or not. I need to put on at least 8 sprays. My skin eats the fragrance up.
You're right and different fragrances last longer/less, a lot of variation and then variables involved, so not always easy to call. You only have to take a quick look at fragrance sites to see that. Projection, longevity etc

But yeah, you don;t want to be the person who bathes themselves in it either.

For example, I like D&G 'The One' as my main evening choice, but its renowned for not last long, even when buying the expensive Eau de Parfum version which is supposed to last longer.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Narcisse is great. You may like Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb.

Creed, a few years ago, sold to a hedge fund. The Creed family is now only a small minority owner, IIRC. Quality has gone downhill. I have a bottle of Millesime Imperial from years ago that I love. That sea salty watermelon is something else.

Recall reading about Creed on fragrance sites and people go right down to batch numbers when locating the best examples of it. Almost like wine connoisseurs discussing a vintage wine season!

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
Recall reading about Creed on fragrance sites and people go right down to batch numbers when locating the best examples of it. Almost like wine connoisseurs discussing a vintage wine season!
Yeah, I love fragrances, but some enthusiasts go down the rabbit hole with it.

Reactions: B80

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I love fragrances, but some enthusiasts go down the rabbit hole with it.
YEah I did a bit. Start off googling around, end up on these sites and can spend hours on them. Ended up making a shortlist and ordering a load of 5ml or so test things from ebay and working out which ones I liked. Only have Bleu Channel and the One, but happy with those, but maybe time for another. Wasn;t impressed by Creed actually. Don;t mind paying the premium, but if that much more expensive want it to be something I actually really like too.