Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

To The European DJs out there and others who have travelled to Europe...

anakin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How many of the DJs here are from Europe or for those who are not, have you travelled to Europe?

Which countries are you living in and how do you find the GUYS in your country?

To give you an example, I am living in Germany, having travelled from Paris (studies..Uni..) and I find a real WORLD of difference between the antics of the guys from these 2 countries.

Take the French for example, through my experience they are real players and you have to be careful in choosing the kind of girl you do (especially if you are the jealous type!)

Moving to Germany I have found that the majority (with a few amazing exceptions!) of the guys I have come across are real AFC's and its surprising, especially since many women here are good looking and quite independent.

Take Sweden for example, where I have seen the most beautiful women in a small concentrated area of land ... with many AFCs around.

For those from the USA, Canada or anywhere else from outside Europe reading this thread who have been in Europe, where did you go, how do you find the women, and especially the men to be different from where you come from?

ANAKIN

anakin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Come on guys, are there no other DJs in Europe?! I guess I'm a lucky guy then

anakin
"one Continent at the mercy of one guy!"

Janez

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm from Slovenia. Slovenia is also AFC land.

Haven't been in other countries since I found this website.

~Stella~

Reaction score
Being Norwegian, I'd have to say that most guys here are not very upfront with women. They usually have to consume some alcohol before the have the guts to make a move. But there will of course be exceptions. In countries like Italy guys will whistle and shout comments about how good you look if you walk down the street wearing a short skirt. Norwegian guys don't do that. They just stare at you. But I guess that's just cultural difference.

A. I. Kuprin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anakin, I am from Germany ...
Agreeing with you - lots of AFCs here, the higher the educational level, the more AFCishness... in the clothes of political correctness and the wake of feminism...
German girls mostly dont have that ***** shield many american ones seem to have. They have another kind of shield, some kind of dont-approach-me shield which is not hard to break through actually.

On the other hand, we have lots of foreigners with quite different background. Lots of Russians, turks etc. with quite conventional, patriarchal backgrounds. Funny thing is that already three times I ran across free, educated, feministic women here that were together with guys from Turkey, Chechnya and Russia... being treated like 100 years ago and liking it... who would have kicked the aces of German guys trying to pull the same on them...

So basically it is not that hard to score here, exept for that as a consequence of AIDS folks generally live their sex lives much more carefully here... lots of statistics show that, not just my experience... too bad I missed the 60s and 70s

A. I. Kuprin

Don Juan
Reaction score
... oops... didnt make that clear... by living their sex lives much more carefully I meant that people just have less sex then they had 10 - 15 years ago. And the sex they have they mostly have in LTRs. One german national trait is that everybody is very concerned about security all the time... cars with 12 airbags, insurances for everything etc ... therefore folks here didnt just start using condoms every time, but actually started to have less sex.

SomeGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
German girls are too snobby. They don't like to be approached. They might be better once you get to know them, but as strangers they don't give you a chance.

I live in Germany.

Squy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ~Stella~:
Being Norwegian, I'd have to say that most guys here are not very upfront with women. They usually have to consume some alcohol before the have the guts to make a move. But there will of course be exceptions. In countries like Italy guys will whistle and shout comments about how good you look if you walk down the street wearing a short skirt. Norwegian guys don't do that. They just stare at you. But I guess that's just cultural difference.
how did you find this site?

A. I. Kuprin

Don Juan
Reaction score
@SomeGuy - let me guess - Hamburg?

Wouldnt say that snobbishness is a typical trait for German girls, except for the Hanseatic type maybe....
but the farther south you get, the less highbrow and snobbish they become.

~Stella~

Reaction score
Originally posted by Squy:
how did you find this site?
I heard about it through girlproblems.com. I was curious, so I decided to check it out. Why?

Squy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ~Stella~:
I heard about it through girlproblems.com. I was curious, so I decided to check it out. Why?

I heard about it too, what happened to it? Gotta be some reasons for that disappearing act. So since it's gonne now, you moved over here?

~Stella~

Reaction score
Originally posted by Squy:
I heard about it too, what happened to it? Gotta be some reasons for that disappearing act. So since it's gonne now, you moved over here?
Yep, that's pretty much the story. I'm not sure why the site is down. Maybe they are making improvments or something.

anakin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Janez:

What a lucky guy in a beautiful land! I have met 3 Slovenian girls (all very beautiful and nice). From my limited experience, I can gather they have good personalities too and are quite strong yet soft hearted girls, not eager to vomit emotional problems at you. They know what it is to be a woman and are "well balanced" (although damn calculating!)

Stella:

I have to agree, and there is a real difference between the cultures and styles of northern and southern Europe. Take northern Europe (generally speaking) people drink and then become happy and get the confidence to approach and do things (that's where the word "Dutch courage" comes from).

Compare that to the southern countries (esp. Italy, Greece, Spain) where guys are more confident and outgoing and generally get drunk when they FEEL happy being in groups of friends etc. Notice the difference?

Concerning the women, the southern girls are more shy, and feel they NEED a man to rely on and are more generally more dependant. Northern European women are more independent and have to INITIATE in getting the man much more than in Italy, Greece or Spain.

Kuprin:

Your posts were full of interesting points, let me go through some:

lots of AFCs here, the higher the educational level, the more AFCishness
That is so true (esp. as I'm in Uni), I see so many guys do silly things that those outside Uni just don't do.

German girls mostly dont have that ***** shield many american ones seem to have. They have another kind of shield, some kind of dont-approach-me shield which is not hard to break through actually.
Hmm, interesting point. You certainly have a point that many do not have that b*itch shield, I have felt the same, but it's another kind of shield...perhaps more a kind of, "I do not want to get hurt" kind of shield. That's why (generally speaking) the "reliable (not AFC reliable) and strong men" are really sought after. Another thing I have felt is that many of the women, deep down, lack much confidence (whether this is universal, I have no idea).

On the other hand, we have lots of foreigners with quite different background. Lots of Russians, turks etc. with quite conventional, patriarchal backgrounds
The Russian women have a real reputation here ("prostitutes" as one guy remarked!). That remark is partly true, partly not, I think they just really know how to have fun and have fantastic figures to back that up with (although in some cases, the faces are something else!)

The Turkish guys are more 'women chasers' and though sometimes they tend to go over the top I think. Generally speaking, if they focused more on themselves and didn't come across as "I want to shag you right now" in their approaches, they would be far more successful, as they DO have the looks.

by living their sex lives much more carefully I meant that ... the sex they have they mostly have in LTRs. One german national trait is that everybody is very concerned about security all the time... cars with 12 airbags, insurances for everything etc ...
That's a good point, people are security conscious, about many things and this also comes across in relationships. My friend here said that he went for an AIDS test with his girl before they had sex. This is quite common from the people I know (sex with condoms is not liked)!

Yes, most sex does come from LTRs. A lot of women in nightclubs tend to love the attention which they crave the most.

Someguy

I'm from the north..and have found many of the 'nice' girls are very loving and loyal...

But yes, I think there could be some snobbishness, especially in the HBs (my oneitis LOL). As A.I. Kuprin mentioned, the further south you go, the less snobbish they are...I mean compare Bayern to Hamburg!! But then again, aren't people from Bayern so-called "non-Germans"?! That's what a girl from Hamburg said (to a Bavarian friend, LOL)

Squy

Are you from Sweden? Lucky b*stard!

ANAKIN

schwan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm an American girl, and I've spent some time in Europe, (maybe not enough to make vast generalizations) but I would agree with the earlier Northern Europe vs. Southern Europe.

Although, I think the 'confidence' of men from Latin cultures (Spain, France, Italy, Portugal) can sometimes be a little too forward and even insulting/abusive. I know the personal space parameters are different, but it seems like women were always being ogled or whistled at, or followed, or touched. It was kind of creepy. Granted though, American women don't have the best reputation, but inappropriate touching is still inappropriate touching. I don't know if throwing yourself at every woman is very DJ-like.

On the flip side, I would imagine Northern European DJs would stand out from the AFCesque cultural norm even more, and would in turn be more intriguing to women etc.

From my personal experience with guys from European countries I would say:
Russian Guys: lots of drama, much of this fueled by alcohol, what they would see as a regular discussion would come across as a highly heated argument to a foreigner. Their feelings seem to swing from high to low.

The Russian guy I dated was overly protective of me and in many ways treated me like a child (always tried to zip my coat and tie my shoes for me, scolded me for not eating enough etc). Then we broke up, he got some girl pregnant and he named his daughter after me. Like I said, lots of drama.

Danish guys (perhaps Scands in general): They tend to be very attractive (maybe just my taste) but are rather shy until they've had a few drinks, then once they've gotten to know a girl or kissed her or whatever, they fall all over themselves saying that they 'love' her etc. They call and email too frequently. I admit I've forwarded emails to my female friends from Scandinavian guys (one in particular saying that he was '100% ready to inhale all my love and give it back' -even with the language barrier, that's weird)

Irish guys: seem somewhat afraid to approach women and 'chat them up', also kind of AFC when it comes to girls they are dating. They seem to get in LTRs for a long time and stay in them. They put up with a lot of nonsense from women. But they have great senses of humor.

I still regret how I treated one of the Irish guys I was involved with. I was very high maintenance and demanding with him, and he tried his best to appease me, and it made me lose interest in him. For example one time he was supposed to pick me up from the airport, but there was a transit strike and he couldn't, he tried to hire a taxi, but it never came, then he paged me at the airport and gave me directions to his friend's house. I took a taxi there and he gave me roses to apologize and I yelled at him about it, (I was such an immature b*tch) and he just took it. If I could take back one thing in my life, it would be the way I treated him. But apparently his current girlfriend is about 10 times the psycho b*tch than I ever was, and accordingly he puts up with about 10 times the poo from her.

Maybe I should send him to this site, he really is a great person and deserves better than that.

But again this all has an American slant, so maybe its not an accurate portrayal.(sorry my replies are always so long)

Squy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
anakin, yeah I am. No big deal

Some words about Scandinavian guys and girls: homealone parties, alcohol, bad sex. In other word AFC bigtime.

DocFrankeinstein

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am from Ukraine originally and find those girls really easy to talk to and start a convo going. Also they dont have any kind of nasty shield you have to break through. As i see it now it is also an afc land. They are really used to guys following them around almost literally.

------------------
If you take love as a crazy gamble
Throw your dice, take your chance
You will see it from a different angle
And you two can join the dance

Don diego

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the Netherlands

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I plan to go to Lueneburg, Germany next summer. I guess I'll have to see for myself if the women are uptight and the guys AFC.

BGMan